Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failure To Produce A Game

-CM-Iceace

I was excited and loved warframe when I started a month ago. I had found a fun game, with high action and plenty of growth to explore, hardly any noticable bugs. I spent 50 dollars on a starter pack through steam and within 3 days got the loki access packet for 170. and spent a tons of hours first week, then went on vacation came back after about 10 days, to start playing again. after a few days update 14 hits. I suffered through the bugs within the first couple of days, and things are getting worse then better, 3 days ago non-stop crashes started, MY system is top of the line, 780(over clocked) graphic card, i7 processor, it my hardware nor my connection 30 meg download so I know it is not my hardward or connection. I have started reading the forums and many others are now having this problem. Now today, I cannot even log into the game. I joined crescent moon clan, a week ago and others in raid chat are experiencing the same gaming problems so I know this is NOT an isolated incident.

Everything I've seen with the updates and content would seem great, but the game continual crashes and now log in problems prevent gamers from experencing the game.  I had submitted a support ticket almost a week ago now; which were regarding on not being able to access Uranus, Neptune and Eris, gaming content. I have received no reply as of yet. I also placed posts on the forums with others stating having same problem of not getting to this content. Finally, I got lucky and had a clan mate jump me out to the Uranus boss and it unlocked Neptune and Eris but Uranus is still locked up. Another bug, The dark sectors I crashed literally 7 out of the 11 times I got into them, if I could get into them. I cannot tell you the number of times I had to restart warframe game to just try and play it for dark sectors. (problably 10 times for every time I got into a match).

Why would I even take the time to write this and why should DE team even listen? Well, since I cannot log into the game for now over 3 hours, I seem to have plenty of time to reflect. The game is a good game when you can play it, but the multiple crashes (which loses you all progression you have completed), content of the game not accessible (complete planet sectors, and Dojo for trading is inaccessible 95 percent of the time), no reply from tickets submitted for support to gain aid on issues, inability to log into the game at all. Is turning a paying gamer, already spent over 200 dollars on this game, into a player not wanting to continue with your game. Yet if this is happening to me others are probably feeling the same as I do. When I went into raid chat for warframe, every other player was playing another game, unable to log into warframe. Is this the future for warframe?

Can DE give us some type of update to these issues (realist time line for fixing the bugs; a day/week/month)? and/or compensation for time and energy lost by the players that are suffering through this update?

Funny thing is, there are some games in MUCH MUCH better condition that are in ALPHA. Most notably DayZ. It has less bugs, and it's in pre-alpha.

"It's in beta" is just an excuse. If you're going to release a game in bad condition, people are going to say it's a bad game. That is how it should be.

You've been only playing for a month, you don't really know DE, I think. It has always been the case after several major uptades. Yes, they are buggy for the next couple weeks/days after the big update, but this case is different, since they rewrote the entire menu system and put in some others as well, so I think it's completely acceptable what's going on right now.

Be patient, tenno. Your hotfix is coming Soon!

Funny thing is, there are some games in MUCH MUCH better condition that are in ALPHA. Most notably DayZ. It has less bugs, and it's in pre-alpha.

"It's in beta" is just an excuse. If you're going to release a game in bad condition, people are going to say it's a bad game. That is how it should be.

Wow, DayZ is like the worst choice of a game in "good shape".. but thx for the really funny comment.. 

This game technically hasn't been released yet, it's still a beta. They have done complete overhauls of core game mechanics multiple times. This is very much a work in progress, and much like most early access games, the goal of playing it is to provide feedback, not to just play it. You're part of the development process by playing this, so don't be angry if a game breaking bug occurs. It happens to the best of developers and its the job of the community to report the bug, not to bash the company for not releasing a 100% perfect patch for a game that isn't even done. Please have respect for the dev's of the game. The game has been buggy since the UI update because so much was changed, and it's the communities job to help the dev's find bugs with it they couldn't otherwise find. This is no different. Be patient. I highly doubt DE would knowingly release a patch that made their game unplayable. 

yea but DayZ sucks

They have some stormy weather in that area also, so not being able to code against the forces of nature isn't really worth getting riled about. I too am annoyed about the sudden stop of availability so I'm just hovering over my computer until its fixed.

Wow, DayZ is like the worst choice of a game in "good shape".. but thx for the really funny comment.. 

Not only that but it hasn't gotten an update in months and you have to buy to get into DayZ... there is literally a teenager doing a better job then that dev team. P.S. They have been wasting peoples money spent on the alpha on vacations so don't even attempt to compare the two dev teams.

HAHAHAHAHA! Sorry I had to laugh... You are either the biggest troll on Earth or you've never played DayZ. 

First: DayZ is still in "mod" category in my opinion, especially since the mod itself has more content than the current trainwreck they are calling stand-alone, even as a pre-alpha it has a laughably low ammount of content considering most of their stuff was directly imported from the mod itself. (I should know I have played DayZ since the start and the standalone since it came out.)

Second: "If you're going to release a game in bad condition, people are going to say it's a bad game." The game is in BETA wich means it shouldn't be considered as RELEASED or anywhere near it. BETA is not meant to be a complete game, BETA is meant to test game FEATURES and root out BUGS, that is the sole purpose of BETA. The fact that this BETA feels like a finished product just proves how much they care about their game and their clientele. 

Do try to learn more about the development process of games before you act like an entitled spoiled brat.

Edited by PUR3

Rather a game is beta or not, or that I have spent money on this game or not, is irrelevant. A game has to be playable, constant random crashes (removing all progression), inability to log into the game, parts of the game not accessible due to bugs (like planetary sectors), which prevent you from completing parts of the game and placing you at disadvantage when you try to play with others for not have access to warframes and gear, for a support system for tickets not answered within week after posting, are all serious issues. I care less about colors of pets in a game as I do to just being able to play it without it crashing, or being able to log into my Dojo to trade with my clans mates. As a player investing time, energy and money into this game, I voicing my experiences, nothing more; which recent have been very harsh.

Edited by Iceace27

I was excited and loved warframe when I started a month ago. I had found a fun game, with high action and plenty of growth to explore, hardly any noticable bugs. I spent 50 dollars on a starter pack through steam and within 3 days got the loki access packet for 170. and spent a tons of hours first week, then went on vacation came back after about 10 days, to start playing again. after a few days update 14 hits. I suffered through the bugs within the first couple of days, and things are getting worse then better, 3 days ago non-stop crashes started, MY system is top of the line, 780(over clocked) graphic card, i7 processor, it my hardware nor my connection 30 meg download so I know it is not my hardward or connection. I have started reading the forums and many others are now having this problem. Now today, I cannot even log into the game. I joined crescent moon clan, a week ago and others in raid chat are experiencing the same gaming problems so I know this is NOT an isolated incident.

Everything I've seen with the updates and content would seem great, but the game continual crashes and now log in problems prevent gamers from experencing the game.  I had submitted a support ticket almost a week ago now; which were regarding on not being able to access Uranus, Neptune and Eris, gaming content. I have received no reply as of yet. I also placed posts on the forums with others stating having same problem of not getting to this content. Finally, I got lucky and had a clan mate jump me out to the Uranus boss and it unlocked Neptune and Eris but Uranus is still locked up. Another bug, The dark sectors I crashed literally 7 out of the 11 times I got into them, if I could get into them. I cannot tell you the number of times I had to restart warframe game to just try and play it for dark sectors. (problably 10 times for every time I got into a match).

Why would I even take the time to write this and why should DE team even listen? Well, since I cannot log into the game for now over 3 hours, I seem to have plenty of time to reflect. The game is a good game when you can play it, but the multiple crashes (which loses you all progression you have completed), content of the game not accessible (complete planet sectors, and Dojo for trading is inaccessible 95 percent of the time), no reply from tickets submitted for support to gain aid on issues, inability to log into the game at all. Is turning a paying gamer, already spent over 200 dollars on this game, into a player not wanting to continue with your game. Yet if this is happening to me others are probably feeling the same as I do. When I went into raid chat for warframe, every other player was playing another game, unable to log into warframe. Is this the future for warframe?

Can DE give us some type of update to these issues (realist time line for fixing the bugs; a day/week/month)? and/or compensation for time and energy lost by the players that are suffering through this update?

tl:dr OP thinks because he has a stellar PC, he should be able to play Warframe regardless if DE is working hard to resolve the login problem.

Edited by Bukethead

Sometimes people forget that this game is in beta

^ This, I think this is a good thing, if you can release a beta and have people forget that they're dealing with a beta, you're probably doing something right! Keep it up, devs, thanks for a great experience. :D

If I didn't have confidence in this company (after first playing the game of course) I wouldn't of became a founder. (a few hours late on my paycheck to get the highest one too ;u;) If you look at the Update 14 Highlights video look at their eyes. Do you see those bags under their eyes? I can assume with great certainty they are working hard on this game from that alone. People don't seem to realise that yes computers are doing alot of the work however, there has to be someone to tell the computer what to do. Being only human there are mistakes made and it takes time to fix those mistakes. Like I've said many times before after they are rested they will nail the bugs and game will be fine once more. Some of the non-game breaking bugs are funny tho. :P

Also, thanks DE for the hard work you are pouring into this game! I'm glad I could contribute to help you along with your passion as well is alot of my friends and probably alot of other people that understand how hard it is.

I understand your frustration but you need a little patience. This is obviously a new issue for DE atm and as they have proved with the rollout of U14, they will be up all hours sorting this out.

I played WoW for 6-7 Years and Game content aside, the company that maintains Wow were ridiculous for support.

U14 Is a game changer for the better. The players wanted it, DE released it early i would've thought and their Hotfixes EVERY Day for the last week or so have fixed a substantial amount of Bugs and balances. Personally i'd rather have the DE team who are down to earth and more akin to the playerbase than any developer i've been introduced with via a game.

It'll get fixed! Chill, wait for it.

Gonna have another rum and then bed :)

nn Tenno o/