Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Opinion On New Infested, Feedback/opinions Very Appreciated.

CreateToDestroy

In my opinion, The new Infested are amazing;

But I think this would make them a lot less frustrating overall:

1. New Ancient Disruptors are openly a pain in the @$$. When I get within ~15 meters of them my energy goes bye-bye even if its over 300. Also, remove their magnetic procs or reduce their chance to 20% or less.

2. Why do ancients spawn in pairs? And why are they occasionally of different sizes? (Not that i'm complaining about varying appearances, those add some "color" to the otherwise "bland" swarms)

3. Ancient healers need a *minor* nerf to their armor auras and a cap on those (75% would be nice).

4. Disruptor auras need to give surrounding enemies 1 point of energy drain per 20 levels of their power. Example: lvl 80-99 charger would steal 4 energy per attack, even if the ancient is level 60 or 120.

5. Suicide bombers need at least a 30% damage buff and their stagger chance reduced to 40% (or give us 100% knockdown chance on all explosive launchers with that logic, which is not a real suggestion because nearly all playerbase would go all "TOO OP PLZ NERF" and they would be in the right). This might keep those living bombs from being useless and make them less of a stunlocker swarm.

6. Ancient Toxic Guys. These are simply perfect. Moderate damage, defensive/offensive aura, Dat Pull, and even in groups they give you a chance to fight using your all while being a fairly significant threat, unlike healers and disruptors who cockblock your weapons or abilities completely and render multiple builds simply useless.

If you decide to reply/critique please state an opinion and present it this way:

1. What should be done/Where is OriginalPost wrong?

1. Why?

Opinions and ideas are very, very welcome.

Edited by CreateToDestroy

In my opinion, The new Infested are amazing;

But I think this would make them a lot less frustrating overall:

1. New Ancient Disruptors are openly a pain in the @$$. When I get within ~15 meters of them my energy goes bye-bye even if its over 300. Also, remove their magnetic procs or reduce their chance to 20% or less.

2. Why do ancients spawn in pairs? And why are they occasionally of different sizes? (Not that i'm complaining about varying appearances, those add some "color" to the otherwise "bland" swarms)

3. Ancient healers need a *minor* nerf to their armor auras and a cap on those (75% would be nice).

4. Disruptor auras need to give surrounding enemies 1 point of energy drain per 20 levels of their power. Example: lvl 80-99 charger would steal 4 energy per attack, even if the ancient is level 60 or 120.

5. Suicide bombers need at least a 30% damage buff and their stagger chance reduced to 40% (or give us 100% knockdown chance on all explosive launchers with that logic, which is not a real suggestion because nearly all playerbase would go all "TOO OP PLZ NERF" and they would be in the right). this will keep them from being useless and make them less of a stunlocker swarm.

6. Ancient Toxic Guys. These are simply perfect. Moderate damage, defensive/offensive aura, Dat Pull, and even in groups they give you a chance to fight using your all while being a fairly significant threat, unlike healers and disruptors who cockblock your weapons or abilities completely and render multiple builds simply useless.

See this is the thing I really don't like about this community. We are driven to make this game more "challenging", and this always pops up for any faction (not really for Corpus). Infested are waaaaaay to easy, as they just come rushing to you, making them easy targets to slice up or shoot down. I mean really.

Disruptors are actually freaking scary now, besides trying to run up to and miss everything with little chance to disrupt you. Now you actually have to run away from them. Before, it was like "ima go up to this disruptor and kill him with my nami skyla because he can't disrupt me". Now it's like "o S#&$e he can pull me and disrupt me". 

All in all, I think DE decided to buff Infested in a way that we have to use all of our weapons, and not just our melee weapons.

I also think they are amazing except their visual glowing auras are burning my eyes. It was enough when they glowed their own color before, now they all have like 5 different effects on top of each other. Already posted about that btw https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/271558-visual-aura-effects-on-ancients-are-too-much/#entry3145018

And pulling ancients look stupid when they use that thin wire from scorpions, they should stretch their entire arm or something.

See this is the thing I really don't like about this community. We are driven to make this game more "challenging", and this always pops up for any faction (not really for Corpus). Infested are waaaaaay to easy, as they just come rushing to you, making them easy targets to slice up or shoot down. I mean really.

Disruptors are actually freaking scary now, besides trying to run up to and miss everything with little chance to disrupt you. Now you actually have to run away from them. Before, it was like "ima go up to this disruptor and kill him with my nami skyla because he can't disrupt me". Now it's like "o S#&$e he can pull me and disrupt me". 

All in all, I think DE decided to buff Infested in a way that we have to use all of our weapons, and not just our melee weapons.

Infested movement patterns severely punish all weapons except explosive launchers and melee. and new disruptors make using abilities nearly impossible unless you're camping on high points. And i never, not once said anything against the pull. The pull is the only thing Ancients can't and shouldn't be without. Animation needs tweaks though.

Thanks for your opinion though :D

Edited by CreateToDestroy

I also think they are amazing except their visual glowing auras are burning my eyes. It was enough when they glowed their own color before, now they all have like 5 different effects on top of each other. Already posted about that btw https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/271558-visual-aura-effects-on-ancients-are-too-much/#entry3145018

And pulling ancients look stupid when they use that thin wire from scorpions, they should stretch their entire arm or something.

Stretching their arm? They stretch it for long range attacks, pull stretch seems logical. Makes me wonder why devs didn't do it that way.

Agree.

The pwn auras need a nerf.

Having enemies that just flat out take away your ability to use powers merely by the sake of the presence, is cheap and gimmicky.

Toxic ancient's aura doesn't need nerfs, healing armor aura needs a cap and ancient disruptors need to be nerfed to the bone.

But that's just how I see it :/