Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Discount For Sever Issue

Holllup

I know it's not their fault or anything but that's how good companies roll. make customers smile when their service got interrupted. plus we gonna buy Plat with just a discount

turn it into an event. if you login tomorrow between 00 : to 00 you will receive discount.

Edited by Holllup

Though there probably will be some form of compensation (They have in the past when downtimes were a little too long), I don't agree that there should be a discount.

More than likely, there will be some sort of free booster weekend soon, or something along those lines.

Either way, let's not ask for compensation, guys. I know you feel like they're obligated to give us one, but asking or demanding one like this only makes the player base as a whole look like greedy children.

Good lord this community.

Well I'm a little upset that there are server issues at this point in time....

....maybe not a Platinum discount; that would require changing the prices on the online stores and stuff, and that would be too complicated and would lead to messy things like people complaining like "Hey how 'bout I get a refund!?" and stuff.

Point I'm making is that a little Platinum deposit sounds sweet....though that's just my opinion, for you see, I'm broke.  Not sure how much; doesn't have to be a thousand Platinum if that's what anyone's thinking.

Their not obligated to give us anything for something out of their control, this isn't because of a patch they did or a server reset or anything on that order, this is because of an outside group/individual targeting them. You have no right to demand anything from DE.

If I have any say in it I won't allow DE to give any compensation for this event because it is not their fault.

Because elitism is better? :I

There wasn't any elitism back in closed beta that I know of. Sure you're gonna get an asshat or two here and there, but to tell you the truth the community was pretty well kept. This was mainly due to the simple fact that it was a much smaller community, and thus anyone that came in being belligerent for no reason were shunned instead of celebrated as they are now.

But either way, that's a conversation for another thread.

Their not obligated to give us anything for something out of their control, this isn't because of a patch they did or a server reset or anything on that order, this is because of an outside group/individual targeting them. You have no right to demand anything from DE.

If I have any say in it I won't allow DE to give any compensation for this event because it is not their fault.

Don't worry about the comment I left; I was just thinking outloud or something, remembering that I'm broke and can't afford anymore Platinum for a while.  Plus next week I'm going to be away from this game, checking out The Last Of Us (never played the PS3 version; this should be an interesting experience thus).

Yea it's ok to give FREE DISCOUNT LOGIN REWARD, it's ok to buy boosters and cannot use it, it's ok to spend money and cannot play. BUT NOOOOO i just suggest a discount login reward and everybody loses their mind. OH im such a $&*^ for suggesting.

if DE give a make a discount even, u realize that's their profit too, right? it encourage people to buy more plats, since there is a discount.

if DE gives u 100p, it doesnt take anything away from DE. it's just a number that represent. the game cost money, discount, players buy plats. and boom they are still making money.

Edited by Holllup

Think its time for a instant ip ban policy for those that demand/ask for a refund/discount because of outside interuption of the Servers. It surely is not DEs problem when someone tries to overload the servers. I been playing for awhile and never noticed major server problems until the last DDoS attack, and as so, it is not really DEs' problem. If you lose half your inventory or a bug eats all your platinum, then maybe you couls get a diacount, more so if you made a huge purchase from DE. But as this relates to the server issues, only thing i can think of is shut up and deal with it, they are working on it and it is the WEEKEND, they are doing this on thier hardearned freetime. You think you are entitled to a discount? Well newsflash, WAKE UP AND COME BACK TO THE REAL WORLD!

and thats your first post.....

they are looking at it over the weekend and you want a plat discount...

hm couse asking them to fix this on their free time is too much :S

mehhh this is sad

Honestly, they are a service providing company on which a LOT of people rely on for entertainment. At the end of it all, it is a business. I need to be on-call for my work, and I will work even 8+ hours on a weekend (and even a statuary holiday) if I get a call to get something fixed. So I do not agree with "asking them to fix this on the weekend is too much" as they should have people on-call technical support for just this kind of thing. However, I also do not agree with the plat discount. It happens, just part of the experience. People just have to buckle up and wait till its fixed, no need for compensation, maybe just refund on Boosters for people who have missed time on it.

You do not get to demand reparations for something you agreed to in the TOS and EULA. There will be server problems. You don't deserve anything from them. This is a F2P game. 

DE does things like letting people keep mods gotten via bugs, and doing little events after big bugs because they're being GENEROUS. They have no obligation to do anything of the sort, but they do it anyway because they're good folks being kind to their players.

You have no right to ask for anything like this, especially from a developer that's been so incredibly considerate to it's players as DE.

Frankly, it's just rude.

Edited by Neibros

Because elitism is better? :I

Has nothign to do with elitism. The Comunity was just smaller and people who were active in the Forums back then just wanted to improve the game, the Community was much more friendly too. Also everyone understood what it means to be a Betatester. Now since everyone can play, we have alot more trollers, haters, flamers, greedy people like OP, people who don't know what it means to be a Betatester and so on.

Its just a problem that every Game has (espacially F2P Games). In the Closed Beta communitys are small and consist of people who really want to help and improve the game, as soon as the game gets into Open Beta the Community gets bigger and with that alot more people as mentioned above find their way into the Community.

Yea it's ok to give FREE DISCOUNT LOGIN REWARD, it's ok to buy boosters and cannot use it, it's ok to spend money and cannot play. BUT NOOOOO i just suggest a discount login reward and everybody loses their mind. OH im such a $&*^ for suggesting.

Or I would prefer a clear explanation on why these guys can't keep their **** together with the game crashes. I crashed over 10x over the two days and that's an understatement. No amount of platinum or compensation will matter if DE does not have a contingency plan to solve their dilemma. 

To those that want plat or some kind of compensation reward, DE is hurting more than we are... we can keep ourselves busy. On their end, they have to hunt those errors down, or face losing money on micro transactions. 

Edited by rangeless