Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Separate Melee Keybindings

GholaNamedHayt

I don't know if there's any plans to address this, or if this is a bug or what, but I was playing around with some of my keybindings and discovered a rather annoying thing. You can only use a keybinding for one thing which, to a limited degree, makes sense. However, it would be nice to be able to bind both firing a weapon and attacking with an equipped melee weapon to the same mouse button.

Obviously, with my melee weapon drawn and actually in my hands, I'm not going to be firing a gun. In fact, with completely default keybindings, there's already a lot of this going on. The aim button becomes the block button, the fire button becomes the channeling button. Yet when you go to manually remap some things, this dual-purpose functionality becomes lost.

If you try to map melee attack (not quick melee attack mind you) to your left mouse button, then you find that you can no longer fire with your primary weapon equipped. I also remapped channeling to the R key and set it to toggle, but found I could no longer reload either. Even when I went back to manually reset things to how they were I found I couldn't do it. If I mapped channeling back to the left mouse button, it would unmap firing a weapon from the left mouse button, forcing me to default all the keybindings back to the original.

That definitely sounds like a bug since my left mouse button is set for melee attacks, with the two thumb buttons being equipping a melee weapon and quick melee and right mouse button for channeling. However I did this setup immediately after melee 2.0 was introduced.

Allot of ppl ask this when melee 2.0 came out, actually I saw that request in posts of the official feedback tread made by the dev's.

Many ideas and improvements were posted there, but I can recall any changes been made that reflected the community feedback.

No, im wrong, these changes were made, never had noticed them, they also kinda bugged, but easy to fix.

Edited by 7grims

Uh... pretty sure you can attack with the melee weapon using the left-click mouse button...

That's been in the game since like 13.X, and people were whining just like you for that to be included.

You have to bind it yeah, but not by default, which for some reason doesn't seem to be up to par. Pressing E is easier for channeling.

I need to go look at how I specifically have things set up, but I've always had RMB do a melee attack, LMB Fire the Gun and then switch to Channeling when my melee weapon is selected. Shift is fine aim or block. 

"E" moves me forward (esdf, master race).