Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Edit: Vitality Negatively Effecting Mirage's Power Strength

Valkyr-Umbra

So I've been running mirage with a phage, and modded for power strength it does so much dmg that i don't even need to narrow the beams normally (I was running t3 ext, it 1 hits heavy gunners without me aiming to focus, obviously using mirrors and eclipse, both max ranked, power strength maxed, and duration built.) I leveled up my mirage, added on a vitality with the spare points, and went back to t3 ext, and my damage was a fraction of what it was (i couldn't 1 hit the gunners with a focused phage beam.) I figured I lost some mods on my gun, as that glitch has happened to me before, but after the match i checked and i hadn't. I ran it again, and the gun was still doing less dmg. I leveled up, and switched out vitality for constitution. After that my dmg went back to normal. I double checked to confirm, and I can say the following with certainty: When using a mirage, with vitality, and a phage, the damage of the phage is reduced, at least when one uses their abilities. I'll post more details on my mirage build and phage in a sec.

Edited by Snowman486

So I've been running mirage with a phage, and modded for power strength it does so much dmg that i don't even need to narrow the beams normally (I was running t3 ext, it 1 hits heavy gunners without me aiming to focus, obviously using mirrors and eclipse, both max ranked, power strength maxed, and duration built.) I leveled up my mirage, added on a vitality with the spare points, and went back to t3 ext, and my damage was a fraction of what it was (i couldn't 1 hit the gunners with a focused phage beam.) I figured I lost some mods on my gun, as that glitch has happened to me before, but after the match i checked and i hadn't. I ran it again, and the gun was still doing less dmg. I leveled up, and switched out vitality for constitution. After that my dmg went back to normal. I double checked to confirm, and I can say the following with certainty: When using a mirage, with vitality, and a phage, the damage of the phage is reduced, at least when one uses their abilities. I'll post more details on my mirage build and phage in a sec.

For my Mirage

Build prior to glitch: http://goo.gl/SNkA7n

Build during glitch: http://goo.gl/md7yxl

Build after glitch: http://goo.gl/zdvOlp

For my Phage

All Throughout:  http://goo.gl/fnnRSp

Edited by Snowman486

its actually still broken at the moment.  if you host a game damage is reduced.  if your not host, damage is increased.  vitality has nothing to do with it

I'm familiar with that bug, and am positive it wasn't that. I ran a t3 exterminate every time i tested it, and each time it was hosted by another player (it was his keys, i was trying to help him farm a boltor prime part.) The only variable was the vitality mod, aside from that it was the same players with the same loadouts (minus vitality) on the same key.

Edited by Snowman486

I'm familiar with that bug, and am positive it wasn't that. I ran a t3 exterminate every time i tested it, and each time it was hosted by another player (it was his keys, i was trying to help him farm a boltor prime part.)

IIRC the person who uses the key isn't necessarily the host. The game selects the most 'qualified' player from the team as host. I'm fairly certain of this because they recently patched a bug which was removing the key from the person who was selected as host. Even if it was the same player, discrepancies in ping could result in a different host for each game.

IIRC the person who uses the key isn't necessarily the host. The game selects the most 'qualified' player from the team as host. I'm fairly certain of this because they recently patched a bug which was removing the key from the person who was selected as host. Even if it was the same player, discrepancies in ping could result in a different host for each game.

I ran 5 t3 exterminates, 3 of which I had vitality equipped during, 2 of which I did not. The 3 times I had vitality equipped, my dmg suffered, the 2 times I did not, my dmg was fine. I suppose its possible that I was made host only on the 3 times when I had vitality equipped, and only those times, but it seems very unlikely. The damage irregularity started when I equipped vitality and lasted for the 2 matches when I had it equipped. Then, when I removed vitality, it went away. Then, when I put it back on, it came back. I guess its technically possible that its the hosting bug which effected my damage, but it would be a very odd coincidence if it were, so I don't think it likely.