Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Genetic Imprints Mechanics Work?

-LF-MonsterChacal.OMilfo

Question

Hi!

I just wanted to know how that thing works, because when i decided to hatch my second egg, i applied the 2 imprints i got from trade with players. Both imprints were raksa one in order to assure that the kubrow would be a raksa. I got a sahasa and just thought to myself: "WTF???"

So, now i really want to know how that thing works.

5 answers to this question

except DE did hotfix it so that if both imprints are of the same breed (in this case Raksa) you have a 100% chance of being the same breed (Raksa).. They did his to make it easier to get all the breeds by trading with other players, so the only reason it wouldn't be the same is that you got scammed by one of the 2 you traded with, because right now it's impossible to check what's ACTUALLY on the imprint.

Edited by DrazeA

DrazeA, you might be right on that... i guess it's a completely failure to not show more specific data on the genetic imprints the other people trade with ya. At least i'm not so furious, because i didn't have a sahasa before and i thank god my sahasa didn't look anything with the imprints from the traders (both gave me abnourexious kubrows, starving looking like ones... my sahasa is fat and little... seems like a bulldog! yay! Now i have a sunika kubear and a sahasa kulldog).

Well you can sort of check imprints by "previewing" them(selecting them for trade) in trading post which shows you how it looks but it unfortunately doesn't tell what breed it is(as far as I remember)

it kind of works like a shaker you put 2 ingredients into a substance (egg) shake it and depending on the quantity of 2 added ingredients you'll get a random drink out. Meaning when you select 2 imprints it's suppose to select so called "superior genes" from the imprints and use them on a new kubrow. Tho apparently there's a rumor that it selects gender and species from the left (1st) imprint and build + colors from the right(2nd) imprint but that's yet to be confirmed. so far from what DE told us it's just speculations.

As For trading imprints I'd suggest using trading forums and take a screenshot of you selecting imprint to see what build and color belongs to that name and the other party to do the same. Though I'm not sure and haven't tried it same name could belong to other kubrow,

Edited by Fenum