An Idea I Have For Past Event Weapons

Agamemnon.

My idea I had was to be able to craft past event weapons. Now before you guys who got the weapon during the event go "THAT"S A TERRIBLE IDEA GTFO!!", just listen to my idea before you get all protective of your exclusive weapons. As I said before, you should be able to craft old event weapons using the same system the Nikana and the Dragon Nikana use. For instance the Snipetron Vandal would require a Snipetron and a lot of rare resources, such as argon crystals, potatoes, etc... Now you may say "Well we cant get the Snipetron or the gorgon because they're not in the market anymore.", but don't forget the Tenno Reinforcement Vault was just opened so we are more than likely to receive a Snipetron BP (hopefully) or a Gorgon BP. I think this idea is fair for those who missed out on events, like me, to be able to receive and use these weapons.

I think they should bring back old events or game modes like Cicero Crisis that bring with them various older rewards.  Let new players experience the same mission and grind as the old ones did for the rewards.  As far as I'm concerned if DEL is still calling this game a BETA then nothing should be exclusive and non recurring (weapons AND events) until at least they call a full release. 

Snipetron + S Vandal are off limit for any kind of return whatsoever.

Now DE has never said the the Snipetron and Snipetron Vandal would never return. Also the Braton and lato are corpus designs that shoots bullets, but is still in the game. Does that make sense?

I think they should bring back old events or game modes like Cicero Crisis that bring with them various older rewards.  Let new players experience the same mission and grind as the old ones did for the rewards.  As far as I'm concerned if DEL is still calling this game a BETA then nothing should be exclusive and non recurring (weapons AND events) until at least they call a full release. 

Completely agree 

Edited by Agamemnon.

Now DE has never said the the Snipetron and Snipetron Vandal would never return. Also the Braton and lato are corpus designs that shoots bullets, but is still in the game. Does that make sense?

The Lato is a Tenno design and the Braton is a Corpus attempt at retro-engineering the Braton Prime.

As for the Snipetrons, we have the Lanka now.

Gorgon is not gone, you shall get it someday in the daily login lottery thing.

I ways using the Gorgon as an example.

As for past weapons, I hope they reintroduce those with the quest system, I want so much that braton vandal.

That is also an awesome idea.

As for the Snipetrons, we have the Lanka now.

The Lanka sucks. Its too much like a bow. It's described as a rail gun but acts like a coil gun and when I think of a coil gun in Warframe I think of something from the Orokin Era, not a Corpus "Sniper" bow.

The Lanka sucks. Its too much like a bow. It's described as a rail gun but acts like a coil gun and when I think of a coil gun in Warframe I think of something from the Orokin Era, not a Corpus "Sniper" bow.

The Lanka does not suck, it is in fact one of the best snipers and I personally can't wait to see how it turns out when the overall sniper buff happens.

The corpus use the Lanka, and because the Lanka uses the Snipetron skin that may be a little problem if they re-introduce the snipetron because i hardly think DE wants to re-texture a gun to be released for 1 day 

Why would it be 1 day? the Machete was available for like a week.

Why would it be 1 day? the Machete was available for like a week.

That does not change the fact that the weapon will be released for a short time when they have to possibly re-texture the gun if they  want it to be unique, but in the event they do not re-texture the weapon it would be nice to get the full mastery for my weapon that is sitting at rank 15 in my codex.

The Lanka does not suck, it is in fact one of the best snipers and I personally can't wait to see how it turns out when the overall sniper buff happens.

Yea it will probably be good ehen the sniper buff comes out, but I hate the charge on it.

That does not change the fact that the weapon will be released for a short time when they have to possibly re-texture the gun if they  want it to be unique, but in the event they do not re-texture the weapon it would be nice to get the full mastery for my weapon that is sitting at rank 15 in my codex.

Has it been very long though? You could try sending a support ticket to get it back. Unless you've already tried that and it didn't work.

My idea to this is to not bring event weapons back. People complain too much for event weapons because they just get nerfed (DE Special). Remember the Brakk? Want to remember something further back? Strun Wraith was good on release for 2 hours before the crit chance got nerfed because it was higher than intended.

Edited by fuzzyramen

My idea to this is to not bring event weapons back. People complain too much for event weapons because they just get nerfed (DE Special). Remember the Brakk? Want to remember something further back? Strun Wraith was good on release for 2 hours before the crit chance got nerfed because it was higher than intended.

Event weapons aren't meant to be more powerful than anything else, they're just meant to be fun and decent weapons to use. However, I think that the main problem with them is the fact that they give mastery points.

People don't really whine because they don't get to play with these weapons (because let's be honest, who uses the Strun, Twin Vipers and Gorgon Wraith?), but more because of the fact that they get locked out of the mastery points they give.

It does feel unfair to know some people potentially have a permanent mastery point advantage over everyone.

No.

If this game had 200 weapons and I only ever get to play with 20 because <reasons> then so be it. If a game had 300 spaceships and you had to train for 10 years to get to unlock all of them would you complain and ask for the time scaled to be changed?

Lots of people have color palettes simply because they were able to get on on a particular day (ie, Valantine) does that mean DE has to allow the rest of the people to get it? Nope.

You (me too) missed out. Too bad.

I might make an exception on one case: If a player had a "special" gun and they sold that gun, just because they might have not realized it was "special" at the time, it might make sense to allow them to build it again. God knows how you would code that in however. Maybe DE can look at the Codex, and if allow any "special" gun that has some affinity attached to it just allow a Quest (read: solo Rescue mission or similar) to get it again.

No.

If this game had 200 weapons and I only ever get to play with 20 because <reasons> then so be it. If a game had 300 spaceships and you had to train for 10 years to get to unlock all of them would you complain and ask for the time scaled to be changed?

Lots of people have color palettes simply because they were able to get on on a particular day (ie, Valantine) does that mean DE has to allow the rest of the people to get it? Nope.

You (me too) missed out. Too bad.

I might make an exception on one case: If a player had a "special" gun and they sold that gun, just because they might have not realized it was "special" at the time, it might make sense to allow them to build it again. God knows how you would code that in however. Maybe DE can look at the Codex, and if allow any "special" gun that has some affinity attached to it just allow a Quest (read: solo Rescue mission or similar) to get it again.

Event weapons are not exclusive. DE says they maycome back