Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Shields Negate Criticals And Headshot Multipliers?

Niryco

If it doesn't, in my opinion it actually should. Why it should be the case not the increase difficulty but because a shield is like a layer of protection, the layer of shield around your head should not allow for headshot multipliers because it defeat the very purpose of a shield to provide all around protection.

The stronger Proto shields should therefore provide more resistance to damage, while all shields should negate criticals and headshot damage multipliers, including bonus damage multipliers. This would make shields in general much better, including our own.

What do you guys think about it?

I think it already negates headshot bonuses.

well it doesn't negate crit multipliers. But headshot multipliers i don't know because shields are usually taken out so fast with all the crits and other stacking multipliers, one can hardly tell.

Let's say for a second that shields are an impassible wall of energy that stops everything ever, do you not think the person inside the shield doesn't feel the force of the impacts? You get shot in the head, the shield stops the bullet, and you... what? Act like that didn't happen? You'd get whiplash from the force and your head would be jarred backwards especially if it's a round specifically designed for IMPACT. Another thing, the head should be the most protected part of the shield right? All shields run on POWER. Stopping a shot to the head would probably suck a crapton of power... hence the extra damage.

As for negating crits, why? Just to make the void hell on earth for crit weapons? We already have to worry about grineer armor scaling to insane amounts, now we are going to add an extra layer of insane damage-negation ontop of that?