Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who We (Really) Are?

Quatrez

Guys, haven you play the game since last year. But do you ask urself, what is Tenno? What is Warframe? In my theory, the Warframe is the suit crafted by the Orokin, while the Tenno is the agent of the Lotus. Here come a problem, which come first, Tenno or Warframe? Remember a player can wear different kind of Warframe suit without considering ur gender. So, I think the Warframe suit is not simply a suit, it's alive! The suit is compossed with Technolyte Virus and wrap around it wearer(Tenno)'s body. 

What do you think guys?

Tenno are greedy space alien merc's that wiped out the human race a few thousands years ago and got bored and fell asleep.  Now they are awakened to wreck havek through the galaxy once more under the guidance of the great and powerful lotus.

Guys, haven you play the game since last year. But do you ask urself, what is Tenno? What is Warframe? In my theory, the Warframe is the suit crafted by the Orokin, while the Tenno is the agent of the Lotus. Here come a problem, which come first, Tenno or Warframe? Remember a player can wear different kind of Warframe suit without considering ur gender. So, I think the Warframe suit is not simply a suit, it's alive! The suit is compossed with Technolyte Virus and wrap around it wearer(Tenno)'s body. 

The Technolyte Virus is in no way connected to warframe. The tenno are inside the suit. The orokin built the suits to act as a catalyst for increasing and controling the tennos powers they gained from the void.

I think you should look into the lore as some of it flat out disproves your speculation. 

Very true in relation to this specific theory. Still looking into lore in this game is a double-edged sword, the few snippets you can find rarely let you piece together any larger picture or really answer any specific question.

In response to the OP, the exact nature of the Lotus and her relationship with the Orokin is unkown but the Tenno were originally the most elite warriors of the Orokin empire, it is believed that the Tenno eventually turned on the Orokin and destroyed their empire before putting themselves in cryo sleep for unknown reasons.

As for the physical nature of the Tenno, I don't believe it's ever explicitly stated that Tenno use multiple warframes, that explanation is merely convenient for gameplay reasons. There's other lore that suggests that each tenno has a specific type of "superpower" that matches to what type of warframe they use (Ember's codex entry is the one that comes to mind). The warframe itself is stated to be used in focusing and controlling the tenno's power.

But really we're all just grasping at straws, DE seems adamant about refusing to commit to any solid lore for their own damn game.  

But here's a problem. How Alad V craft Valkyr, I means since Tenno was inside the suit, how Alad V deconstructed it and reforged a new frame? And when Alad V "dissect" Excalibur, there's no blood and why he don't simply tear off the suit from its wearer?

Vor states in the tutorial that Tenno are just energy that use the suits. 

Serg Ruk clearly says there is flesh in those suits

During cryopod defense missions you see a humanoide that the lotus refers to as a tenno.

During Mag primes codex, they refer to the creature within the suit.

There is clearly something or someone in the suit that is flesh and bone.Vor saying that is a lie and or DE doing a horrible job of remembering the mutliple instances that they referr to the beings inside the suits.

This are not warframes they are characters, because they are the first frames of each of those types, according to lore we are genderless beings that can inhabit the frames themselves, i know you want to believe in your theory but your "evidence" is completely biased, Both Steve and Scott said that frames are not unique characters and each of us (each account) is one single tenno who uses many frames, regarding lore, during the anniversary event along with the Dex Furis the lotus sent a letter saying "you tenno have mastered many frames" this confirms that we are only one, and there are other pieces of lore that confirm this theory, the defendes of the poly-teno theory will always cling to the original Ember's story, but guess what?... we are not her, she is long dead, we are what evolved from those original first tenno.

So Tenno is just a energy being wearing power suit?

Not according to the instances I have seen in game.

This, i adhere to this theory too, because it makes sense and because its canon, and as it is canon it is fact.

There is no cannon lore yet.

Edited by Zantos54

The newest lore points to Tenno suits shaping Tenno powers. Whether or not that means that ALL the Tenno are is energy is iffy given the other lore DE has put out. I'm inclined to think that there a flesh and blood beings capable of channeling void energy who wear those suits to shape what they channel. But that's just me. It's just an opinion. We honestly don't know for certain because DE has yet to provide some definitive 'This is what Tenno are' lore chunks.

1. Play "Resident Evil"

2. Play "Dark Sector"

3. Contemplate the significance of MAJOR RESIDENT EVIL CHARACTERS and how similar their situation is to the affliction of MAJOR DARK SECTOR CHARACTER. In both stories some are chosen and some are consumed.

4. ???

5. bob's your uncle, Resident Evil, Dark Sector, and Warframe all take place in the same universe where Warframe is the 'final aftermath' of the events in the two games.

Serg Ruk clearly says there is flesh in those suits

During cryopod defense missions you see a humanoide that the lotus refers to as a tenno.

During Mag primes codex, they refer to the creature within the suit.

There is clearly something or someone in the suit that is flesh and bone.Vor saying that is a lie and or DE doing a horrible job of remembering the mutliple instances that they referr to the beings inside the suits.

the creature withing the suit can be ethereal, pure energy, because conciousness is given by the mind not the flesh, and the flesh refered to by Sargas Ruk can be the suit's flesh, it's pretty obvious that the frames are partly organic.

So, another idea emerges from my brain. What if Warframe suits are the legacy of the old Tenno. Wad I mean is the memory of the first Tenno was implanted onto the frame. The powers, memory were inside the suit. We Tenno are just the avatar for the power of the suit. This explain why the Warframe suit have gender, since the frame was based on the first Warframe

Edited by Quatrez

the creature withing the suit can be ethereal, pure energy, because conciousness is given by the mind not the flesh, and the flesh refered to by Sargas Ruk can be the suit's flesh, it's pretty obvious that the frames are partly organic.

Not really. There is not "obvious" evidene pointing any of this out. This is the first time I have ever heard of this theory. Why put gender specifics on suits of armor like breasts?

Not according to the instances I have seen in game.

There is no cannon lore yet.

Yes there is lol, the current version of lore is canon, there can't be lack of canon, canon is what the "official" version is, and the official version is what the story and characters say... and yes according to instances seen in the game. it was never confirmed that the guys in the cryosuits are tenno, also U14 revealed the existence of civilian colonies, same happened during Specters of Liberty events, we learnt about the existence of the Red Veil faction, and they didnt have frames, they needed us to free their captured comrades, and they looked exactly like the guys in cryosuits, long storyshort, we know tenno can inhabit different frames regarless of gender and size and we know there are civilian colonies, so there is more than just grineer, corpus and tenno.

How is it? I see no organic matter on the suits.

Also, we're not pure energy. "We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend."

How would pure energy have flesh and what does it mean when we're twisted if we're pure energy?
Edited by -.Will.-

So, another idea emerges from my brain. What if Warframe suits are the legacy of the old Tenno. Wad I mean is the memory of the first Tenno was implanted onto the frame. The powers, memory were inside the suit. We Tenno are just the avatar for the power of the suit. This explain why the Warframe suit have gender, since the frame was based on the first Warframe

Yes, well, we build the frames from blueprints, this confirms that there are MANY of each type, this also means that they are copies, if they are mass produces then there was a prototype sometime in the past, that prototype or original frame are the ones that appear in the codex with a back story, for example Ember.