Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who We (Really) Are?

Quatrez

See, this sort of argument is exactly why I hate touching the lore in this game. I want to like it, they've made a really interesting world here but they've failed to actually fill it out enough to immerse oneself in. And all it does is create situations like this were we have nothing to do but argue with each other because we've come to different conclusions from the vague hints DE litters around instead of writing some actual lore.

This are not warframes they are characters, because they are the first frames of each of those types, according to lore we are genderless beings that can inhabit the frames themselves, i know you want to believe in your theory but your "evidence" is completely biased, Both Steve and Scott said that frames are not unique characters and each of us (each account) is one single tenno who uses many frames, regarding lore, during the anniversary event along with the Dex Furis the lotus sent a letter saying "you tenno have mastered many frames" this confirms that we are only one, and there are other pieces of lore that confirm this theory, the defendes of the poly-teno theory will always cling to the original Ember's story, but guess what?... we are not her, she is long dead, we are what evolved from those original first tenno.

Eh, I dunno if that message the Lotus sent was actually canon, but a way to generally address players.  Even if it was, I really can't accept that Tenno are formless or genderless, because they sure seem to have biological traits (they bleed), and if they were genderless but biological, why are they all (at least in appearance) decidedly masculine or feminine?

Besides, when there's mystery involved, head canon will always have more meaning than any speculative "true" canon.

Eh, I dunno if that message the Lotus sent was actually canon, but a way to generally address players.  Even if it was, I really can't accept that Tenno are formless or genderless, because they sure seem to have biological traits (they bleed), and if they were genderless but biological, why are they all (at least in appearance) decidedly masculine or feminine?

Besides, when there's mystery involved, head canon will always have more meaning than any speculative "true" canon.

why don't you read the thread? the answer to "why does my ninja have boobs if im a boy?!" has been answered already, and canon is canon man, you don't need the pope to come and tell you what parts are canon and what aren't, non-canon is fan-fiction, if i tell you a story about the stalker being my twin brother, that's not canon.

This are not warframes they are characters, because they are the first frames of each of those types, according to lore we are genderless beings that can inhabit the frames themselves, i know you want to believe in your theory but your "evidence" is completely biased, Both Steve and Scott said that frames are not unique characters and each of us (each account) is one single tenno who uses many frames, regarding lore, during the anniversary event along with the Dex Furis the lotus sent a letter saying "you tenno have mastered many frames" this confirms that we are only one, and there are other pieces of lore that confirm this theory, the defendes of the poly-teno theory will always cling to the original Ember's story, but guess what?... we are not her, she is long dead, we are what evolved from those original first tenno.

Nowhere in the lore does it say we're genderless. The only description of a suitless tenno we have is in the ember codex, so we go by that.

we get out of the cryopod wearing a frame already, that is one big difference with the hostages, and the defense mission cryopods. Sargas Ruk says there is flesh within the suit, but nowhere in the lore it says he is an expert on tenno physiology, so he actually doesn't know what is the nature of the tenno, during the new prologue Vor himselfs says something like "i thought you were the bearers of the light, but i was wrong you are the light itself" so that prooves that grineer are no experts in tenno nature.

Vor said we are energy, look up the dialogue lines in the wiki or something you are discussing but clearly don't know all the facts.

We were preserved in cryopods, yes, the kubrow now also sleep in stasis (cryopods for dogs basically) that doesnt make kubrows tenno, the fact that we find people in cryopods doesn't mean they are tenno, they might be, but it has never been confirmed, on the other hand it has been confirmed that other beings can sleep in cryopods, and that the red veil guys wear those jumpsuits but do not use frames, also we wake up IN our frame, not in jumpsuits.

Here, this is for you and anyone who needs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction) 

Long story short, Canon means "the official story" so anything that happens during the cutscenes and ingame dialogues IS canon.

Regarding the evidence that we are copies, i can't believe i have to explain such an obvious thing... when we build our suits we use BLUEPRINTS, and gather parts and built the frames, also during the "profit" trailer excalibur is destroyed if it wasnt a copy then we wouldnt be able to use it anymore.

Lastly i am not combining mechanics and lore, you are reluctant to believe anything besides what you have imagined, although... the lore indicates otherwise.

You keep spouting the definition of cannon as if we dont understand it. You are going with anything in ingame dialogues is cannon. Got ya.

Serg Ruk saying "the flesh inside the suit"

You Are combining mechanics and lore. For example, Saying "we can't all be the original and there are 7million of us" is combining them. The tenno are almost extinct. To believe there are 7million copies, is just beyond dumb. There Is Zero evidence. I have Never heard anywhere on the wiki (confirmed cannon when not otherwise marked as speculation), or in game saying we are copies. That is you Assumption. Just as it is your Assumption we are etherals.

No where in the lore does it even say how many tenno are around Nor does it say anything about to what extent any of the bosses know about the tenno.

Now onto vor, or should I say New vor. That cutscene has changed. Thus, their view has also changed. We have no lore at all to go on and you know it. We have Zero solid evidence about what the tenno are, yet here you are spewing your nonsense, constantly defining cannon, while ignoring the fact that what you are saying is not, in anyway, cannon.

why don't you read the thread? the answer to "why does my ninja have boobs if im a boy?!" has been answered already, and canon is canon man, you don't need the pope to come and tell you what parts are canon and what aren't, non-canon is fan-fiction, if i tell you a story about the stalker being my twin brother, that's not canon.

You have not given us any cannon. I have linked to you, directly for you to read, the wiki full of cannon Stating we were asleep for centuries. We are flesh and bone, with a warframe built around us. You have one line to an altered version of the openining that you are basing your theory on. Nothing more despite all the tons of lines already out there defining us as a living creature in a suit. Including Mag primes own codex entry.

Edited by Zantos54

Nowhere in the lore does it say we're genderless. The only description of a suitless tenno we have is in the ember codex, so we go by that.

You are not that ember, i am not that ember, nobody is that ember, we don't play as that ember, we play as An ember not that one, that is the original ember.

You are not that ember, i am not that ember, nobody is that ember, we don't play as that ember, we play as An ember not that one, that is the original ember.

So...what, somewhere down the line they decided to stop letting people wear warframes? I'm not saying that we're the original ember, I'm saying currently signs point to there being humans in the warframes, not genderless beings/energy/whatever.

You keep spouting the definition of cannon as if we dont understand it. You are going with anything in ingame dialogues is cannon. Got ya.

Serg Ruk saying "the flesh inside the suit"

You Are combining mechanics and lore. For example, Saying "we can't all be the original and there are 7million of us" is combining them. The tenno are almost extinct. To believe there are 7million copies, is just beyond dumb. There Is Zero evidence. I have Never heard anywhere on the wiki (confirmed cannon when not otherwise marked as speculation), or in game saying we are copies. That is you Assumption. Just as it is your Assumption we are etherals.

No where in the lore does it even say how many tenno are around Nor does it say anything about to what extent any of the bosses know about the tenno.

Now onto vor, or should I say New vor. That cutscene has changed. Thus, their view has also changed. We have no lore at all to go on and you know it. We have Zero solid evidence about what the tenno are, yet here you are spewing your nonsense, constantly defining cannon, while ignoring the fact that what you are saying is not, in anyway, cannon.

go to google, it is your friend, search how many humans are living right now on earth, and tell me after that that 7 million is a lot... also... it is caNon, cannon is a weapon or part of it.

Where is your cannon of us not being that ember? Don't combine game mechanics with lore either in your explination.

go to google, it is your friend, search how many humans are living right now on earth, and tell me after that that 7 million is a lot... also... it is caNon, cannon is a weapon or part of it.

Considering the tenno were few in numbers to begin with, yes, 7million is a lot to Them. Not to us. Are we talking about humans? No. We are talking about the tenno, who were few in number and gained powers because of the void.

So...what, somewhere down the line they decided to stop letting people wear warframes? I'm not saying that we're the original ember, I'm saying currently signs point to there being humans in the warframes, not genderless beings/energy/whatever.

I don't know... Steve said we are one single tenno, Scott said frames are not unique characters but suits, that is confirmed, they said it, so... if we are one single tenno how do we change size and gender all the time?... regular humans can't, we must be something else. then Vor comes saying we are "energy" he might be wrong, but we are not humans either, or at least nor normal humans from our day and age.

Edited by Orbister

Why does our HEART pump when we start bleeding out? If it's nto that, why would our frames simulate that noise? 

I can accept that we're clones, but not that we're pure energy.

Considering the tenno were few in numbers to begin with, yes, 7million is a lot to Them. Not to us. Are we talking about humans? No. We are talking about the tenno, who were few in number and gained powers because of the void.

Nowhere does it say we were few in number either...we were created by the Orokin to win a war, why would they only create a few of us? There might only be a few of us left, but there were definitely a lot of us at one point as references to "tenno culture" are occasionally made

I don't know... Steve said we are one single tenno, Scott said frames are not unique characters but suits, that is confirmed, they said it, so... if we are one single tenno how do we change size and gender all the time?... regular humans can't we must be something else. then vor comes saying we are "energy" he might be wrong, but we are not humans either, or at least nor normal humans from our day and age.

The first part, I laugh at. They also said dark sector was the back story, then said it was losely connected, then said it was warframes inspiration. Taking anything from them is laughable since they can't keep their own story together for beans.

Second, after that you said "how do we change size and gender all the time" you saying we are energy is your assumption. Vors story has already been changed. He could be referring to the energy we use as the tenno that grants us our abilities.

Exactly how many tenno were there in the origins? give me the exact number please, because we can't really keep a conversation going with such vague term as few.

So why does she bleed, too?  I like the way I look at it is better in my mind, even if it isn't canon.  So that's how I'm going to think of it, until there's a codex entry that's like "Hey, you know this Mag, your Mag in particular?  She's actually genderless.  Deal with it."  Yeah, until that happens, I'm gonna think about it like I want to, because it makes more sense to me and is cooler in my mind and you can't control my imagination.  o3o

Edited by Metalarcher

Nowhere does it say we were few in number either...we were created by the Orokin to win a war, why would they only create a few of us? There might only be a few of us left, but there were definitely a lot of us at one point as references to "tenno culture" are occasionally made

Because they feared us. Why create an army of tenno when they fear us? Mag primes codex shows their distaine and fear of us. It also shows that they didn't go all freely making a lot of tenno. In her codex entry, they only had One warframe being sent into battle. Mag prime. They didn't said anymore. This points to a clear lack of numbers on the tenno side. Either because they were unable or unwilling to create more.

We sat strapped in, safeties off, waiting for the punch. Waiting for death. Through my filthy porthole I saw stars among the outlines of the other Splinter ships queuing for the Solar Rail. It would soon grip us with an incomprehensible power and cast us through the void into the mouth of our enemy.

I watched the ships one-by-one bending and gone. Each crammed with zero-tech soldiers sucking stale air, white knuckling their percussion rifles. Each filled with a desperation that comes from extinction. Our ship would be the last to cross the gap. Our ship had special cargo.

It was essentially empty. Just ten men, like me, strapped in with the best zero-tech suits and weapons the empire could build... and "it". "It" stood in the aisle, a slender and eyeless metal form. A Tenno inside its Warframe. Vaguely human, vaguely feminine. Was this armor or some ornate carapace for the monster that lived inside? I strained against the harness as the ship yawed for final approach. I could see the Tenno standing there freely. Solemn and gold-gleaming, oblivious to the inertial force.

I had been, until then, a Tenno denier. They were ghosts, propaganda, twisted casualties of the void era. Not possibly real. Yet here it was in the flesh. The Empire, in their desperation, was going to turn the demons loose and hope for the best. Who did we fear more, the enemy or this monster? We had our safeties off, could we trust it? Then it didn't matter anymore. The punch came - and our windows became blinding. When we could see again our ship was somewhere else, shattered and dead in an instant.

My lungs were flattened, eyes full of death. Ship debris glittered like a night snow. The alien blue star was dark and blinding beyond us. The countless articulating worm-ships of our enemy, ringed in glowing discs, undulating and heat-bursting the surviving soldiers like me. This is where I died. I was in R-disc, sweeping over my right and setting my blood on fire. My vision flattened, the hearing muffled and buzzed. I could feel the side of my face going slack and wet.

I was in a dying dream. I saw a bright spot blurring and weaving toward me. I felt a tug toward it from the metal clasps on my suit. It reached me, rising up - a gleaming beast, a plume of golden wings rising and unfolding behind it. An angel. It snatched me from my death. I could feel my lungs fill as it wrapped me in its wings. Its Void Shield shimmered blue, strained under the enemy beams. I felt a suddenly tug of acceleration. I closed my eyes and held on it like a child.

I awoke on the floor, the sting of crisping flesh on my face and side. It was standing over me, the wings gone. I heard the cracking of weapons echoing down the corridor. Maybe the mission would be saved, but I was dying and so I waved my hand to send it away. I felt a pistol thrust in my hand as I was heaved to my feet. The angel had saved me, pulled me from hell, but it would not pity me. I was to die on my feet, by its side. I turned my good side toward the gunfire and raised the gun. It nodded, its outstretched metal hand surging and pulsing in ancient shapes as blue shimmered around me. It turned, drawing its blade and together we surged headlong into the hailstorm of death and fire that awaited us.

Why does our HEART pump when we start bleeding out? If it's nto that, why would our frames simulate that noise? 

I can accept that we're clones, but not that we're pure energy.

The frame is a living organism, it bleeds and it breaths. (i'm not saying it IS, but could be)

If you can't accept that is your problem man... i can't help you there, i am keeping an open mind... i don't really like the idea of being "energy" either, i've just been paying attention to the story and what we have... i really wish DE comes up with an explanation.

I don't know... Steve said we are one single tenno, Scott said frames are not unique characters but suits, that is confirmed, they said it, so... if we are one single tenno how do we change size and gender all the time?... regular humans can't, we must be something else. then Vor comes saying we are "energy" he might be wrong, but we are not humans either, or at least nor normal humans from our day and age.

One word: gameplay. How do you know that in-universe there aren't male embers and female volts and so on?

As for the Vor thing, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor

So why does she bleed, too?  I like the way I look at it is better in my mind, even if it isn't canon.  So that's how I'm going to think of it, until there's a codex entry that's like "Hey, you know this Mag, your Mag in particular?  She's actually genderless.  Deal with it."  Yeah, until that happens, I'm gonna think about it like I want to, because it makes more sense to me and is cooler in my mind and you can't control my imagination.  o3o

I can't and i dont want to, i'll do the same... i'm not trying to make you change what you enjoy, the conversation was about what we know, but i also prefer to let my imagination fill in the gaps.

Exactly how many tenno were there in the origins? give me the exact number please, because we can't really keep a conversation going with such vague term as few.

We don't have exact numbers. It can be assumed there are not a lot considering the number of warframes and the nature of their relation ship with the orokin.