Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who We (Really) Are?

Quatrez

Because they feared us. Why create an army of tenno when they fear us? Mag primes codex shows their distaine and fear of us. It also shows that they didn't go all freely making a lot of tenno. In her codex entry, they only had One warframe being sent into battle. Mag prime. They didn't said anymore. This points to a clear lack of numbers on the tenno side. Either because they were unable or unwilling to create more.

We sat strapped in, safeties off, waiting for the punch. Waiting for death. Through my filthy porthole I saw stars among the outlines of the other Splinter ships queuing for the Solar Rail. It would soon grip us with an incomprehensible power and cast us through the void into the mouth of our enemy.

I watched the ships one-by-one bending and gone. Each crammed with zero-tech soldiers sucking stale air, white knuckling their percussion rifles. Each filled with a desperation that comes from extinction. Our ship would be the last to cross the gap. Our ship had special cargo.

It was essentially empty. Just ten men, like me, strapped in with the best zero-tech suits and weapons the empire could build... and "it". "It" stood in the aisle, a slender and eyeless metal form. A Tenno inside its Warframe. Vaguely human, vaguely feminine. Was this armor or some ornate carapace for the monster that lived inside? I strained against the harness as the ship yawed for final approach. I could see the Tenno standing there freely. Solemn and gold-gleaming, oblivious to the inertial force.

I had been, until then, a Tenno denier. They were ghosts, propaganda, twisted casualties of the void era. Not possibly real. Yet here it was in the flesh. The Empire, in their desperation, was going to turn the demons loose and hope for the best. Who did we fear more, the enemy or this monster? We had our safeties off, could we trust it? Then it didn't matter anymore. The punch came - and our windows became blinding. When we could see again our ship was somewhere else, shattered and dead in an instant.

My lungs were flattened, eyes full of death. Ship debris glittered like a night snow. The alien blue star was dark and blinding beyond us. The countless articulating worm-ships of our enemy, ringed in glowing discs, undulating and heat-bursting the surviving soldiers like me. This is where I died. I was in R-disc, sweeping over my right and setting my blood on fire. My vision flattened, the hearing muffled and buzzed. I could feel the side of my face going slack and wet.

I was in a dying dream. I saw a bright spot blurring and weaving toward me. I felt a tug toward it from the metal clasps on my suit. It reached me, rising up - a gleaming beast, a plume of golden wings rising and unfolding behind it. An angel. It snatched me from my death. I could feel my lungs fill as it wrapped me in its wings. Its Void Shield shimmered blue, strained under the enemy beams. I felt a suddenly tug of acceleration. I closed my eyes and held on it like a child.

I awoke on the floor, the sting of crisping flesh on my face and side. It was standing over me, the wings gone. I heard the cracking of weapons echoing down the corridor. Maybe the mission would be saved, but I was dying and so I waved my hand to send it away. I felt a pistol thrust in my hand as I was heaved to my feet. The angel had saved me, pulled me from hell, but it would not pity me. I was to die on my feet, by its side. I turned my good side toward the gunfire and raised the gun. It nodded, its outstretched metal hand surging and pulsing in ancient shapes as blue shimmered around me. It turned, drawing its blade and together we surged headlong into the hailstorm of death and fire that awaited us.

We don't know if the creators feared us, only that rank-and-file soldiers feared us. If they feared us why'd they give us a giant ceremony when we won the war for them? And in the codex, just because you only see one warframe doesn't mean there aren't more.

One word: gameplay. How do you know that in-universe there aren't male embers and female volts and so on?

As for the Vor thing, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor

there is NOTHING not one single piece of evidence that points to vor using a metaphor, he is actually surprised by his own discovery, also, i've never seen a female volt or a male ember, i guess they could exist... why not? but, nobody ever has seen one.

with this kind of logic i can start affirming there are unicorns in the warframe universe... but we've never seen one and it has never been mentioned either by anyone.

Edited by Orbister

We don't have exact numbers. It can be assumed there are not a lot considering the number of warframes and the nature of their relation ship with the orokin.

so, there are as many tenno as frames are there? are there only 19 tenno then?

The frame is a living organism, it bleeds and it breaths. (i'm not saying it IS, but could be)

If you can't accept that is your problem man... i can't help you there, i am keeping an open mind... i don't really like the idea of being "energy" either, i've just been paying attention to the story and what we have... i really wish DE comes up with an explanation.

No, you cannot accept that the warframe is Not a living organism. Show me one piece of evidence to show that the warframe itself, is not a suit but a living organism.

Ps:

We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction.
Already some pretty solid cannon stating that they are not living, but suits. Edited by Zantos54

we were created by the Orokin to win a war, why would they only create a few of us

No we weren't, we returned from the Void and  they created suits around us. See Excalibur codex entry: "We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors."

there is NOTHING not one single piece of evidence that points to vor using a metaphor, he is actually surprised by his own discovery, also, i've never seen a female volt or a male ember, i guess they could exist... why not? but, nobody ever has seen one.

Again, gameplay. Just like energy orbs and enemies carrying around warframe powers probably aren't part of the lore, isn't it possible that only having one playable gender for each frame is possible?

And there's nothing that points to vor not using a metaphor. What he said would still make sense if it was one.

We don't know if the creators feared us, only that rank-and-file soldiers feared us. If they feared us why'd they give us a giant ceremony when we won the war for them? And in the codex, just because you only see one warframe doesn't mean there aren't more.

PR. That would explain why they gave the ceremony. To look good to the peoples. And in the codex, I am merely pointing out that it shows they didn't have a lot readily avalible. They had only one on board that ship, with other soldiers who feared them. If they had more, why not put them all together? Why not have more then one on a ship? Their shields protected them a lot better then the ship protected the regular soldiers.

No we weren't, we returned from the Void and  they created suits around us. See Excalibur codex entry: "We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors."

The key word in that is Few. Thus furthering that there were only a few tenno.

Edited by Zantos54

Hilarious how some of you guys quote bosses and think if they say it, it is 100% correct. By that logic, tennos should be infested in suits according to Phorrid.

Just because nova got boobs does not mean there's a female inside, just because Lotus was the first thing you heard when you hatched from cryopod does not mean she's your mom or has any real relation to tenno.

Read literally a sentence before that:

" The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed."

The obvious implication there is that the tenno were created as a last-ditch effort to save the Orokin.

Already some pretty solid cannon stating that they are not living, but suits.

Well, it's possible it's made of the technocyte virus (they are in the same universe and Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno) since I think that's "living" metal.

Read literally a sentence before that:

" The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed."

The obvious implication there is that the tenno were created as a last-ditch effort to save the Orokin.

So? It's possible that the Tenno live in the Void. It explains the powers and things and why they're twisted. 

Well, it's possible it's made of the technocyte virus (they are in the same universe and Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno) since I think that's "living" metal.

I have not seen any connection to hayden tenno. Nor have I seen or heard of that virus anywhere in game. Why stop using it if its a living metal? Not to mention in dark sector, it was created From the flesh and became their flesh. Think infested. It was not used as a building material.

In short, nothing connects that virus and warframe.

Edited by Zantos54

Again, gameplay. Just like energy orbs and enemies carrying around warframe powers probably aren't part of the lore, isn't it possible that only having one playable gender for each frame is possible?

And there's nothing that points to vor not using a metaphor. What he said would still make sense if it was one.

well... maybe in the future instead of swallowing pills we walk over intangible orbs made of floating nanobots that heal us... or give us energy... 

you don't seem to understand how common sense, logic and evidence work... in the absence of evidence then probably nothing happened.. you can't say, there is no proof that it didnt happened so maybe it did!, that makes no sense...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Edited by Orbister

I have not seen any connection to hayden tenno. Nor have I seen or heard of that virus anywhere in game. Why stop using it if its a living metal? Not to mention in dark sector, it was created From the flesh and became their flesh. Think infested. It was not used as a building material.

In short, nothing connects that virus and warframe.

Devstream 10 they said that Hayden was the first Tenno.

well... maybe in the future instead of swallowing pills we walk over intangible orbs made of floating nanobots that heal us... or give us energy... if there 

you don't seem to understand how common sense, logic and evidence work... in the absence of evidence then probably nothing happened.. you can't say, there is no proof that it didnt happened so maybe it did!, that makes no sense...

Play WoW. Play Pokemon. You wil finally see things don't make sense and often times get left behind and the lore gets ignored for the sake of gameplay.

well... maybe in the future instead of swallowing pills we walk over intangible orbs made of floating nanobots that heal us... or give us energy... if there 

You, like many others before you, have totally misunderstood Occam's Razor. If you cared to read that article you'd find out that the Razor is a heuristic tool meant to guide research by starting with the simplest possible explanation, not an end-all in an argument.

Edited by vaugahn

Devstream 10 they said that Hayden was the first Tenno.

Except, he is not infected by the void like we are. He was infected by a virus that turned his skin into his armor. We had armor built around us. The virus here in our universe create the infested. Not us, nor our warframes.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Infested

From the wiki

It's also implied that the two games, although similar, do happen in different universes and are not directly connected by lore.

Further down under speculation

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tenno

You'll find the Hayden part there as well.

Edited by Zantos54

Play WoW. Play Pokemon. You wil finally see things don't make sense and often times get left behind and the lore gets ignored for the sake of gameplay.

Look at that... well, i don't care at all about WoW nor Pokemon, and the fact that lore gets ignored there doesn't mean it gets ignored here... so well... yea... nope. i don't play WoW nor Pokemon and i won't.

Except, he is not infected by the void like we are. He was infected by a virus that turned his skin into his armor. We had armor built around us.

From the wiki

Further down under speculation

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tenno

You'll find the Hayden part there as well.

I'm just saying it's possible that the frames are made from the Technocyte Virus. I don't care what the frames are made of.

Look at that... well, i don't care at all about WoW nor Pokemon, and the fact that lore gets ignored there doesn't mean it gets ignored here... so well... yea... nope. i don't play WoW nor Pokemon and i won't.

Please explain how Desecrate works, why some enemies drop them and some don't and why some enemies also drop Tenno energy?

Then you wont understand and continue to ignore the simple fact that lore gets pushed aside for game play reasons. You're whole argument is about something that easily is summed up to this one fact. That is why you claim we are energy, that we are clones. Because "lawlz there are lots of us in game!". That is not how it works.

You, like many others before you, have totally misunderstood Occam's Razor. If you cared to read that article you'd find out that the Razor is a heuristic tool meant to guide research by starting with the simplest possible explanation, not an end-all in an argument.

I don't mean to end this conversation but man... you can't affirm something like "There are dragons living in outer space because i think its cool if there are" on the other hand if nasa took a photograph of a winged fire-spitting unknow being, then i guess we can argue there might be dragons flying in outer space...

Except, he is not infected by the void like we are. He was infected by a virus that turned his skin into his armor. We had armor built around us.

From the wiki

Here's my little theory on that:

Hayden Tenno is a "naturally occurring" tenno, in that his mutations weren't forced. The tenno created by the Orokin were deliberatly exposed to the void/technocyte, and with their knowledge of the void they were able to create the warframes.

The tenno alone are like a conduit, they simply provide neutral "void power" or what have you. The warframes channel this energy and turn it inot powers, which is why Hayden Tenno didn't have any.

I don't mean to end this conversation but man... you can't affirm something like "There are dragons living in outer space because i think its cool if there are" on the other hand if nasa took a photograph of a winged fire-spitting unknow being, then i guess we can argue there might be dragons flying in outer space...

Well that would be a great response if this was real life, but this is a video game, and an unfinished one at that. I can say whatever I want, as everything in this thread is speculation at best. We really have no clue what the tenno are, we can only speculate.