Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips On How To Run Longer Survival Missions?

SynergyDraco

Question

A Nekros, decent damaging frame of your choice, and a cc frame of your choice, and the fourth can be another of those or a Loki to fetch O2 that might not be near the best spawning spot (ie kill more enemies = more loot dropping including energy and O2).  That's arguably the most dependable way to extend your survival times, there are definitely other (imo not better) ways to, but you may have to get a little crafty.

Edited by BRad_Skirata

On what difficulty? 40+ minutes on T4 Survival is a very different beast than 40+ minutes on ODS, for example. Faction certainly changes those kinds of things. Specificity is going to help you handle whatever mobs show up.

Bring a Nekros.

Make sure you have reliable CC on your side.

Nyx is very good on Survival & Defense.

If you use Rhino Prime, don't underestimate Roar. Don't be the noob that ignores his teammates.

Trinity is still good for Survival and Defense if you use her right but don't bring her along if you don't know how to handle her.

Nova is still insanely good, but be sure you know how her mods will affect MPrime. Accidentally making the enemies go super-speedy will make your teammates hate you.

Mag Prime's Shield Polarize is extremely good for Corpus on higher levels and can even be used in the Void with its explosion radius on the Corpus units.

Valkyr is extremely useful as basically the only 'frame with reliable invincibility and mobility.

Mirage has an extremely useful 'frame for pure damage output but her usage is still fuzzy at best, so I'd recommend against using her for the moment but if you're lacking in weapon damage she will prove extremely useful.

Loki & Ash are both amazing at nabbing Life Supports. People bicker over which one is better but honestly it comes down to preference.

Overall, your strategy depends on playstyle and how coordinated your group is. From what I've heard, having three team members defend a set area with good spawns and having Loki/Ash nab the Life Supports is a really solid strategy. I've seen people go to 2+ hours on T4 Survival doing that, and their problem at some point seemed to be damage output.

You can solo even t3 surv to 40 min .
so with team that know how to play its very easy

1. bring nekros . he will give you a loot more LS then what you need.

2. active life support capsule at 40-50. to avoid spend LS [capsule give 30 and with nerkos you can easy get 30 more from group of enemy]

3..nova very very good for the first 30 min... you can sit wail nekros and nova do all the job :D tanky fram like rhino or cc control like nyx very good to revive teammate or active capsule [or kill a lot of enemy]
any how if you go over 40 min. you will need loki for ribel disarm spam build its OP skill at high lvl and most needed

4. if you fight with a team don't go solo... always have a bodyguard with you. for revive and for good spawn of enemies

5. HAVE FUN!! don't forget that :D it's the best skill ever

Adding on to what everyone said.

Wait until life support reaches below 60 when you activate it. It restores 70, but take into account the life support capsules your teammate's carrier might pick up. It's usually obvious but after seeig a mastery rank 11 activate support at 70 ON PURPOSE, i'm not so sure anymore

On what difficulty? 40+ minutes on T4 Survival is a very different beast than 40+ minutes on ODS, for example. Faction certainly changes those kinds of things. Specificity is going to help you handle whatever mobs show up.

Bring a Nekros.

Make sure you have reliable CC on your side.

Nyx is very good on Survival & Defense.

If you use Rhino Prime, don't underestimate Roar.

Trinity is still good for Survival and Defense if you use her right

Nova is still insanely good, but be sure you know how her mods will affect MPrime.

Mag Prime's Shield Polarize is extremely good for Corpus on higher levels and can even be used in the Void with its explosion radius on the Corpus units.

Valkyr is extremely useful as basically the only 'frame with reliable invincibility and mobility.

Mirage has an extremely useful 'frame for pure damage output but her usage is still fuzzy at best,

Loki & Ash are both amazing at nabbing Life Supports

Overall, your strategy depends on playstyle and how coordinated your group is

^All of this OP. 

Edited by Verre

You should bring your top tier weapons to kill enemies the fastest.

Something important on solo play is to compare the amount of capsules you have to how much life support is left, then activate them.

For example:

1 Capsule should be activated at 40 percent.

1 of 2 Capsules should be activated at 50 percent.

1 of 3 Capsules should be activated at 60 percent.

1) Bring Nekrros

2) Survive

3) Kill

4) Don't go over with LS (each hit replenishes 30%, so try to activate it at around 60% max in case of anyone picking up Life Capsules.)

What weapons should I bring into T4 Survivals?

Primary: Boltor Prime, Soma, Amprex, Ogris, Penta, Synapse

Secondary: Marelok, Brakk, Angstrum

Melee: Dakra Prime (must have C.D.), Dual Ichor, Dragon Nikana

My Loadout: Ash, Boltor Prime, Brakk, Galatine w/ C.W.

Ash: Can easily survive w/ my build, bonus melee dmg, 2nd highest dps frame (Mirage now beats him), can easily escape w/ SS w/ Natural Talent on. I'm usually able to extract whenever LS goes to 0%. B/c Ash is meant more for solo play and PvP, he isn't much of a team player. But, b/c he IS a solo frame, he can easily survive on his own w/o the help of teammates (if used correctly).

Boltor Prime: Highest DPS Primary. Soma can out-DPS if landing headshots, but this makes it very situational (not really worth aiming heads on grunts, mainly effective against Heavy Gunners).

Brakk: Highest DPS Secondary (must be within 10m of target(s) for it to shine, but this isn't a problem w/ Ash due to SS). I like to run Seeker on it, but it's your choice whether to run w/ it or not.

Galatine: 3x dmg per swing in the Broken Bull combo, and also hits twice. Good range and high dmg per swing makes it a good CC weapon. People would prefer Dakra Prime + C.D., but I found Galatine + C.W. to be very useful for my kind of playstyle. Biggest downside is that you cannot coptor, but my Teleport ability can become a great gap closer so that I can continue my combo easily. There's also a trick where you can move quickly between spins on the Broken Bull combo by doing a quick slide in between spins.

This is just MY way of playing. Adjust your loadout to what playstyle you are most comfortable with, and you will definitely do well. Because of multiple months of playing w/ Ash, I know how to use him well, despite what everyone else say about him. He may not be a team player, but he is very useful when played right.

Try out some stuff, and they might actually turn out to be amazing, just like the Zerkstick build I saw before: 

Edited by Yazeth

9 out of 10 Nekros are good for the first 20 minutes in a T4 survival, after that get ready to pick him up every 2 minutes and wonder why he has stopped desecrating. Dead weight IMO.

Nova, a couple Rhinos, Loki for Radial Disarm or Nyx for Chaos.

Manage your life supports religiously and don't let them fall below 50%.

Pick up ALL personal life supports dropped.

Stay together as much as possible.

If you have the Carrier as your Sentinel, and for some reason it dies, I find it beneficial for ammo reasons/energy supply to tell your teammates not to revive you one time, so that your Carrier regenerates. You'd be amazed at what difference that vacuum makes in late minute play not to mention saving your ammo/energy restores. Additionally you have a lower chance of just standing there waiting for your supply to build back up.

With a little common sense and skills, the right weapons as stated above, you can go until you're ready to go.

Edited by (PS4)kcarpe2007

Don't want to make a new thread so I will post here, what damage should i mod for for t4 survival ? I have boltor p, bows, soma and synapse(which is 6 forma'd).

As far as secondaries go i will use marelok since i dont like shotgun style play of brakk..

Melee i have ichors(received more love from me) and dakra p

Cheers guys.

P.S Im only after r5 cores, im not after beating leaderboard records or anything...

Edited by kiteohatto

Well bring neckros or mirage. If your using neckros do a descrate and shadows of the dead build, and bring something like bo prime, boltor prime, and angstrum. 

With Mirage use phage and hall of mirrors and ecplise build, total destruction

If you play with other people, have at least 1 neckros and 1 mirgae or 2, 2. 

I went 30mins on t4 Survial with 1 neckros and me being mirage, killed caption vor, no prob, didnt die once or get near to dieing, t3 is even easier and faster.

EDIT: make sure your weapons are efficent etc. Mutation mods and mutishot mods.

Edited by Darealslenderman

A nekros is being overvalued a fair bit on this thread.  That frame does an admirable job making the first 20 mintues easier, but loses effectiveness rapidly.  As you go further past 30 minutes I'd rather have a frame that can actually kill something rather than one standing around descrating what I kill.

Still, I don't complain when there is a nekros.  Stockpiling LS capules for later that you didn't need under 20 minutes has its benefits.  So, one nekros isn't *required* and two is just dumb.

The biggest thing no matter what your squad is frame-wise is know your role and play it.  Don't tank if you aren't the tank, etc.  It helps greatly if you extend that to know the roles of your squadmates.  Let the tank tank.

A nekros is being overvalued a fair bit on this thread. That frame does an admirable job making the first 20 mintues easier, but loses effectiveness rapidly. As you go further past 30 minutes I'd rather have a frame that can actually kill something rather than one standing around descrating what I kill.

Still, I don't complain when there is a nekros. Stockpiling LS capules for later that you didn't need under 20 minutes has its benefits. So, one nekros isn't *required* and two is just dumb.

The biggest thing no matter what your squad is frame-wise is know your role and play it. Don't tank if you aren't the tank, etc. It helps greatly if you extend that to know the roles of your squadmates. Let the tank tank.

I concur aside from one thing as I mentioned in my post above. I have played with very few nekros who even desecrate. Most are consumed with that "most kills" stat at the end of the mission, or throwing up their SOTD which is an annoyance.

No, IMO one nekros is one too many. Manage your life support, play smart, and you will see that this "must have nekros" fad in survivals is an unnecessary request.

If you doubt my assertion concerning the rarity of most nekros desecrating, observe recruiting chat and notice how many hosts have to ask for a "desecrating" nekros. That's like having to ask for a "priming" nova or "stomping" rhino.

Edited by (PS4)kcarpe2007

I concur aside from one thing as I mentioned in my post above. I have played with very few nekros who even desecrate. Most are consumed with that "most kills" stat at the end of the mission, or throwing up their SOTD which is an annoyance.

No, IMO one nekros is one too many. Manage your life support, play smart, and you will see that this "must have nekros" fad in survivals is an unnecessary request.

If you doubt my assertion concerning the rarity of most nekros desecrating, observe recruiting chat and notice how many hosts have to ask for a "desecrating" nekros. That's like having to ask for a "priming" nova or "stomping" rhino.

You haven't played with me then.  I'll happily descrate 300-500 times on a mission on the rare occasions I "take my turn" with Nekros.   That stat *I* care about at the end of missions is abilities used.  That is the measure of a Nekros.

With that said, I do completely agree that many PS4 Nekros players are bad at it.  No argument from me on that point.

Don't want to make a new thread so I will post here, what damage should i mod for for t4 survival ? I have boltor p, bows, soma and synapse(which is 6 forma'd).

As far as secondaries go i will use marelok since i dont like shotgun style play of brakk..

Melee i have ichors(received more love from me) and dakra p

Cheers guys.

P.S Im only after r5 cores, im not after beating leaderboard records or anything...

Boltor Prime is a good all-round end-tier rifle. Dps is basically the best and there aren't any downsides even. Even with a maxed HC, you can still shoot really accurately. 

Marelok is a good sniping secondary, so it will go good w/ Boltor Prime if you are shooting against far-away, moving enemies. I would still prefer Brakk, but it's just my playstyle.

So, Dual Ichor are great for coptoring, so you will be getting a lot of mobility. Dakra Prime, though, with Crimson Dervish, deals more dmg and has more efficiency when channeling. So, let's compare the utility of both weapons, since melee dmg doesn't match up w/ the endgame guns. So, do you want more mobility, or save more energy when life stealing, and get life back quicker (due to getting to full health in 1 hit)?

EDIT: If you are planning to channel on slide attacks, then the Dual Ichors should be enough to get you back to full health, so just go for those then. 

Edited by Yazeth

For those who have patience, and don't need a "TL;DR" to get through a post, please refer to the spoilers for detailed explanations.

Nekros is a must.

Reason #1 - Enemy Spawn Rates:  The number of enemies spawned per map as you move amongst the tile-sets is variable.  There is no set number of enemies.  This, in turn, affects Reason #2 directly.

Reason #2 - Life Support Modules:  These mini-LS units drop off of dead enemies, granting a 4% return to life support.  This is the most important factor in maintaining life-support.  Realize that over the course of 5 minutes, if you kill 50 enemies, and only 5 of those enemies drop an LS unit, that is 20% LS returned to you.  With a max-desecrate Nekros, you have a 54% chance of rerolling on resources, to try and get more LS, on each enemy.  Poentially, that could return you another 10 to 20%.

Reason #3 - Life Support Capsules:  This is one part of Survival that is completely beyond your control.  LSC spawn as they see fit, as the RNG rolls for them, within a given range of time.  You cannot affect this, outside of making sure there are fresh locations for LSC to drop (there are a lot of spots on any given map, so this is rarely, if ever, a problem).

Basically, it comes down to multiple layers of RNG.  Your ability to last in survival is so reliant on RNG, that the only way to handle the problem is by using desecrate to reroll on dead enemies.  The first 15 minutes are integral in terms of RNG LS drop rates, and if you get few spawns, not enough LSM drops, or scant LSC as you progress beyond the 15 minutes, you are screwed.

Note: Don't bother with SOTD.  It gets in the way of your teammates, more than anything.  Terrorize is great when you are surrounded, or reviving a teammate.

Dread is your best friend.

Reason #1:  One of, if not, the highest in-game DPS, single-shot.  Head-shot red-crits will maky you smile any day of the week, keeping 1-hit kills coming well past the 40min mark, running towards the full hour.

Reason #2:  Ever been bowling?  That is what Dread is about.  It hits, it kills, and it julienne fries any enemies behind the freshly-made corpse.

Reason #3: 12.5% more crit chance than Paris Prime (with max Point Strike) means 12.5% more red crits.  Red crit chance is more important than having high red-crit damage, any day of the week.  On a finite damage scale, the dread almost always overtakes the Paris Prime due to this factor alone.  It has a far tighter damage range due to this simple fact.  Sure, Paris Prime caps out at a higher total theoretical damage, but we are dealing with finite number sets.  Dread wins.

Note:  I never use my dread before 30 to 40 minutes on T4 Surivals.  This is because your secondary should kill faster up to that point.  Overkill damage is a waste when a weaker weapon, that fires faster, can kill just as efficiently.  Use dread only when the going gets a full clip tougher.

Nyx breaks your game, and you can too!

All I need to say is, grab 2 nyx(es?), 1 nekros, and 1 support/utility frame to mitigate damage or lock down enemies.  With the right room set-up, at around 30 minutes, you can push well past 1 hour, or until you get really bored.  Make sure people brought big-damage guns... Penta, Angstrum, Ogris, and Dread work well here.  This is the one time Dread is less beneficial when compared to blast-AoE guns, if you have a good team.  Hell, if you want, drop one of the nyxes out, and toss in one of those sweet new Mirage frames!  Note that the 2-Nyx trick, known as Hot-Potato, involves passing Absorb damage back and forth infinitely, while laying waste to entire rooms of enemies.  3 Nyxes multiply the damage by 2 each pass, but 3 nyxes also means 1 less frame, and you need that nekros for LS, and the support/utility to dig you out of sticky situations and fetch LSC.

Excalibur is a noob's best friend.

This doesn't mean noobs should use Excalibur.  What this means is, if you are in a mission with random public players, or recruit channel players, the skill level of each squad member might be unclear.  An end-game Excalibur (my favourite frame hands down) can use Radial Blind for 13 energy.  This is incredibly useful for keeping newer or less skilled players safe, because a standing target is better than a moving one that shoots back.  Trinity is great in the mid to end-game due to damage reduction and healing powers, but when a late-game enemy can down a teammate in 0.5 seconds flat, it is probably better said enemy was stunned and blind.  Also, note that Radial Blinded foes take extra melee damage, which also helps newer players dish out decent DPS.  This also becomes incredibly useful if you find yourself reviving a lot of people as the game gets late.

Dual Ichor, spin, life-strike, success.

Sometimes you get caught in the wrong place, at the wrong time.  Even the best player will end up with this unfortunate circumstance.  The next thing you know, you survive, albiet with 4 health, and still-recovering shields.  What is a tenno to do?  Well, lifestrike is the mod for you.  Unranked, it gives 5% health back to your frame on a channeled melee hit, but at the cost of channeling efficiency.  This mod never needs a single rank.  Why?  Because a spinning attack with dual ichors, channeling, and that sexy sexy crit rate will heal you in one hit.  One. Hit.  Lesson?  Melee+lifestrike gets you out of tight spots, so you may live to see another.  Also, it is better to use a Dual Ichor spin attack than a Dakra Prime stance or a Dragon Nikana.  Tested, done, that's a wrap.  If you disagree, use what you want.

Hope this answers any and all questions concerning late-game survival content.

Edited by Ithloniel

This thread is for giving advice to players for long-term survival success. If that's what you want, Nekros is invaluable and  irreplaceable. I'm not saying that you can't go long-term in survivals without him, it's just that at a certain point, you need him because good Nekros players will effectively double your LS capsule drops.

Just because there are bad players (perhaps worse on the PS4) doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the 'frame. The problem players should be facing in long-term survival should be the life support capsules themselves and how to obtain them. Damage is the first step in that process, while increasing how many drop should be your second, and it's a role only Nekros can fill.

Actually obtaining those life support capsules and hitting the ones that drop throughout the map should be a position taken by mobile 'frames like Ash/Valkyr/Loki.

I'm surprised there's no mention of Zephyr yet, honestly. Turbulence is incredibly useful, built for duration and range. And both her health and shields reach 1110 with maxed out redirection and vitality, so she's pretty frikken tanky even without Turbulence. I've been farming for Glaive Prime blades lately on T3s with a friend, and the only reason we didn't keep going past 20 mins was because we didn't feel like it. I was able to keep his Nekros built exclusively for Desecrate (no health, no shields... my carrier had more health and shields) alive pretty much indefinitely as long as he stayed within Turbulence's pretty high AoE.

You haven't played with me then.  I'll happily descrate 300-500 times on a mission on the rare occasions I "take my turn" with Nekros.   That stat *I* care about at the end of missions is abilities used.  That is the measure of a Nekros.

With that said, I do completely agree that many PS4 Nekros players are bad at it.  No argument from me on that point.

That's why I didn't say "all" nekros. Would like to play a survival with you sometime ;).