Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improving Build Diversity.

(PSN)andyb_b5

Seen this mentioned in quite a few places but there are only so many slots and quite a few mods are very situational.

The suggestion is that the dev team give us a means to hot switch between the A-B-C profiles in instances, probably with some sort of cool-down.

This means you can go with your standard run build but then have two other builds which you can switch into if  you feel it is appropriate or just for fun.

It would seem a good idea but lore-wise mods are rather bulky & we don t go in missions with our entire collection in a backpack

I also suspect the system would be too cumbersome: it would need a new menu in mission, for EACH of the 3 weapons

Interesting but impractical I think

I really don't see the need.

The only time I can really see it being of use is during a faction swap, and given their rarity I dont see the point in spending the time coding it in over other features

Yet there's also probability of objective changes, mistakingly bringing the wrong build etc...

The thing is that they shouldn't just be for fun. Utility mods that apply to more specific situations should all have a place in a powerful build in some time or another. The issue is that they don't, because warframes are more effective focused on defensive stats and powers, while weapons are loaded up with elemental mods. Also, endgame players use all three mod configuration slots (A, B and C) for specialization against the different factions. It leaves no room for any other loadout, desirable or not.

The thing is that they shouldn't just be for fun. Utility mods that apply to more specific situations should all have a place in a powerful build in some time or another. The issue is that they don't, because warframes are more effective focused on defensive stats and powers, while weapons are loaded up with elemental mods. Also, endgame players use all three mod configuration slots (A, B and C) for specialization against the different factions. It leaves no room for any other loadout, desirable or not.

It s true that specialization is more or less the way to go (even if usually use a general build with void in mind), a simple solution would be to add another D mod config slot