Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If When Launch Comes Around, All Beta Progress Was Lost, Would You Play?

Mkilbride

I would. But I'd be very &!$$ed. All that work on this game is just wiped and you can bet your @$$ that nearly everyone here would be very &!$$ed at it.

There was a thread a few weeks ago about someone petitioning that DE reset everyone when the game is fully released. 

Only two people agreed with the OP. 11 pages of pure hate.

Edited by TheErebus

I might, but probably not for a good while, I have spent the last year consistently playing and have become very attached to this game. Although starting afresh is nice, losing all of my progress would be too disheartening. Thats why I made a second account for this update.

I would leave Warframe for a few months and might pick it up again at a later date.

DE won't do this, they have no reason to, but that is my honest answer.

Edit: Actually the main reason I would leave is DE intentionally doing this. If there was a data wipe from some disaster beyond control I would be more inclined to continue from the ground up again. REBULD FOR THE FUTURE

Edited by cam-o-flage20

They are charging for items and boosters, it won't get reset without lawsuits. Calling it beta is almost a way of saying work in progress.

Lawsuits? Ummm no. That would never happen. 

When we agreed to take part in the game, the terms do state that they can change it any way they want. 

Edited by TheErebus

I'd be done with the game, but that's honestly not saying a whole lot at this point.

I'm at that point in Rank 15 where Rank 16 isn't quite possible (I think?) for PS4 players, and I've seen Update 14 on the PC and am not looking forward to it, or Kubrows, even a little bit.

And since I just bought that Prime Accessories Pack for the Summus Sentinel bits, it's kind of a strong alignment of negative experiences right after I dropped - what, $50? - on some Sentinel cosmetics that probably should have been regular game content in the first place.

But I wanted them really badly and I was enjoying the game, ya know?  But on the horizon is me having done everything and massive changes to the user interface, and Tamagotchi Kubrows, so I am really, really reevaluating how I've been spending my time and money.

The existance of a 'launch' is a big if. Could just continue being in beta forever. 

I hate it when people say that. It's like they think because it's been in beta for a long time it's gonna be a beta for the rest of the game's existence.

If we got all of our platinum back like we did in the last reset, i wouldn't care because it'd give me something else to do other than sitting here staring at this kubrow pup waiting on it to mature and attempting to feed it space doritos.

I'd be done with the game, but that's honestly not saying a whole lot at this point.

I'm at that point in Rank 15 where Rank 16 isn't quite possible (I think?) for PS4 players, and I've seen Update 14 on the PC and am not looking forward to it, or Kubrows, even a little bit.

And since I just bought that Prime Accessories Pack for the Summus Sentinel bits, it's kind of a strong alignment of negative experiences right after I dropped - what, $50? - on some Sentinel cosmetics that probably should have been regular game content in the first place.

But I wanted them really badly and I was enjoying the game, ya know?  But on the horizon is me having done everything and massive changes to the user interface, and Tamagotchi Kubrows, so I am really, really reevaluating how I've been spending my time and money.

Well I enjoyed the thing for the sword, the plat, and the boosters.

Really, the lines of where Beta ends are so blurry and unimportant these days, anyway.  The notion of the post-Beta wipe is also severely antiquated in the days of perpetual Beta games, where Beta is just a blanket term used to imply Work In Progress.

The champions of post-Beta wipes are trolls, for the most part.  They are people that aren't as invested or don't mind redoing everything, so they put that on the table and try to gamble hard in advocating damaging the experiences of others who don't want their progress erased.

It's totally transparent and no developer worth their code is going to get suckered into those arguments.

That said, if a company is planning a post-Beta wipe, it's in the best interests of everyone that they're up front about it from the start.

(PS: Yeah, the Daman Prime Sugatra is kinda coolie.  :D)

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

That said, if a company is planning a post-Beta wipe, it's in the best interests of everyone that they're up front about it from the start.

This is very true, but in the case of warframe. DE knows what kind of reaction they will get so most likely they will not do it.

DE wouldn't for the simple fact a lot of people have spent a lot of money for platinum and it would turn heads for a lot of players to quit and if your a gaming company that's the last thing you want. And for the people who want it to happen then good for them if they want to start over let them but if it came down to it they'd probably give everyone the option for there account to be reset or not.

Edited by Dobby666