Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If When Launch Comes Around, All Beta Progress Was Lost, Would You Play?

Mkilbride

Actually they say this is in Beta to avoid law suit and because of the fact that there are a lot of features to be added.

Therefore there will be no such a stupid launch.

I hope you know that by 'they' you're actually referring to people on the forums who don't actually know what the hell they're talking about. Because DE said no such thing. This game is in beta because it isn't read for launch (Read: It isn't complete), it is that simple.

As for OP's question... Hell no. I refuse to go through all that trouble again. If launch comes with a wipe (even one that gives founders their stuff and refunds plat), I'd still refuse to touch the game again. I would immediately uninstall it and stick it on my hate list. I'd then proceed to do a bunch of petty stuff, like giving it a terrible rating on a few different rating sites (including steam) and I'd voice my displeasure in the mega thread that I guarantee would exist to house all our complaints. I'd check the forums (or the reddit) every week for a month to see if they reversed their action, after which I'd give up forever and never look back.

I'd be done with the game, but that's honestly not saying a whole lot at this point.

I'm at that point in Rank 15 where Rank 16 isn't quite possible (I think?) for PS4 players, and I've seen Update 14 on the PC and am not looking forward to it, or Kubrows, even a little bit.

And since I just bought that Prime Accessories Pack for the Summus Sentinel bits, it's kind of a strong alignment of negative experiences right after I dropped - what, $50? - on some Sentinel cosmetics that probably should have been regular game content in the first place.

But I wanted them really badly and I was enjoying the game, ya know?  But on the horizon is me having done everything and massive changes to the user interface, and Tamagotchi Kubrows, so I am really, really reevaluating how I've been spending my time and money.

I'm rank 16. You need to own (well, leveled up to 30) every mastery giving item ever released on PS4 and can only afford to be missing 1 3000 mastery item, like a single weapon. so, for example if you don't have Despair, but got everything else in the game you can hit MR16. If you also missed Dex Furis, you can't.

Give me all my plat back, and I'd reset again without even blinking. I say again because I reset during beta and I loved it. I would genuinely love to start again with piles of plat. =)

EDIT: What's with people thinking their plat would be lost? If they reset, it would have to be everyone and you would be refunded all your plat, just like the reset last year.

Edited by Raptor642

I hope you know that by 'they' you're actually referring to people on the forums who don't actually know what the hell they're talking about. Because DE said no such thing. This game is in beta because it isn't read for launch (Read: It isn't complete), it is that simple.

As for OP's question... Hell no. I refuse to go through all that trouble again. If launch comes with a wipe (even one that gives founders their stuff and refunds plat), I'd still refuse to touch the game again. I would immediately uninstall it and stick it on my hate list. I'd then proceed to do a bunch of petty stuff, like giving it a terrible rating on a few different rating sites (including steam) and I'd voice my displeasure in the mega thread that I guarantee would exist to house all our complaints. I'd check the forums (or the reddit) every week for a month to see if they reversed their action, after which I'd give up forever and never look back.

I don't think any company will ever state that they say their games are in OB because they want to avoid lawsuit.

If there is such a dumb company, please tell me.

I also stated that "it's in OB because DE thinks it is incomplete".

Technically the game is already launched, with new features being added in.

The difference between the fresh released D3 and Warframe are that Warframe is free, way more entertaining, and being stated as "in Open Beta".

Would you dare say the fresh released D3 isn't a @(*()$ paid Beta with no @(*()$ "Beta statement"? (IMO its "Beta" ended after several updates)

I would. I enjoy the gameplay.

But I wouldn't put as many hours into it. This is why I never did the optional reset way back when.

In the time I've played Warframe, I've:

- Built an entire Dojo from scratch by myself

- Researched all Dojo items by by myself (save for a few items).

- Built and ranked every non-prime weapon, sentinel and frame in the game (except Hydroid).

- Collected nearly every mod in the game, with nearly all maxed and every rank under.

- Participated and "won" every event.

The mountain of time it would take to rebuild is exceptionally daunting. Instead I would largely focus on new content only, but with a select group of "go to"/fun frames/weapons to get me there. And play "casually". Why would I put the hours in to play with a new gun or doodad when I already played with it?

That said, this is all theoretical. The devs have promised no resets after the closed beta one. And so far, I think the devs have kept every major promise they've made (I'm talking actual promises, not ideas, suggestions, and conjecture).

Possibly.  Depends on what it is like in that last stage.

I hate it when people say that. It's like they think because it's been in beta for a long time it's gonna be a beta for the rest of the game's existence.

It will be in Beta until DE no longer wants to work on it.  Then they will call it finished and call it quits.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

It would depend on the gameplay. If Warframe still plays like now, which is exactly how it played when it first went into Open Beta over 18 months ago (minus cosmetic differences and mechanic differences so minor they might has well not have even been put in/changed)  then not only would I not play, I would actively go out of my way to discourage others who are thinking of playing.

The only reset I would find acceptable is, aside from aesthetic style, if the game was changed drastically from its current form.

Even if DE did a reset because they totally revamped parkour into a more far more fluid system, properly balanced and differentiated weapons, properly balanced and differentiated Warframe powers, had some actually interesting enemy AI, and actually had a story worth a damn, they would still need to refund every bit of plat and let every person who bought a prime access/founders keep their items from such purchases.

Whatever, doubt Warframe will ever lose the Open Beta label. I also doubt it will even be a live game 3 years from now, and even if it is it will still probably play almost identical to how it does now.

Give me all my plat back, and I'd reset again without even blinking. I say again because I reset during beta and I loved it. I would genuinely love to start again with piles of plat. =)

EDIT: What's with people thinking their plat would be lost? If they reset, it would have to be everyone and you would be refunded all your plat, just like the reset last year.

Wow. You really think it's only about the plat, don't you?