Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If When Launch Comes Around, All Beta Progress Was Lost, Would You Play?

Mkilbride

This is very true, but in the case of warframe. DE knows what kind of reaction they will get so most likely they will not do it.

Whut? They _did_ a voluntary wipe, ages ago, you could choose to reset all your progress as get all your platinum back. DE was very explicit at the time that it was the only wipe that was ever going to be available.

We are well past that point.

No slight on your $100 but I've put approx. $550 and that would be considered peanuts by what some players have spent, lol . . .

I don't doubt that.  Though keep in mind I've only been playing a couple months.  I'm sure I'll hit 1k monies soon enough.

DE probably won't wipe accounts because:

1) People had already put in a ton of time into this game.

2) Games in OB usually don;t encounter wipes

3) Not sure if there is a good reason for DE to do a wipe in the first place. It may actually hurt them by having players rage and leave all depressed.

I would still play, spefically if they did a plat reset of how much you bought etc and prime access, and if your a founder, you get all that founder accesorys too. Just my idea, still play even if that doesnt apply, full game will be awsome. I bet the game launch wont reset stuff tho. Becuase this is technially a WIP game, like a indie game on steam. But i guess thats aguable 

Nah,... Aside from Platinum it would take too much time to wait for all the alerts again to get specific mods and rank up all the frames again...

It will not happen, but if it would, I'd not walk into the grind-nightmare a second time. There are fresh nightmares out there. ;)

Yeah it's happened with a few games before, when they either reset the beta progress or introduced a semi-mandatory cash shop purchases need to play the game.

I quit in either case, too much time put into it, too many love and tears, and if all that is taken away.

No. Good day sir.

I said GOOD DAY sir.

DE probably won't wipe accounts because:

1) People had already put in a ton of time into this game.

2) Games in OB usually don;t encounter wipes

3) Not sure if there is a good reason for DE to do a wipe in the first place. It may actually hurt them by having players rage and leave all depressed.

^This.

Pretty sure we're all speculating on an event that will never happen.

Some of you guys should chill out though they already said there won't be a wipe. Some people including me would love an optional reset but having to refund all of our plat purchases and event items would be a huge hassle for DE. So even if you don't like the idea of other people having it done there is nothing to worry about lol.

I don't think any company will ever state that they say their games are in OB because they want to avoid lawsuit.

If there is such a dumb company, please tell me.

I also stated that "it's in OB because DE thinks it is incomplete".

Technically the game is already launched, with new features being added in.

The difference between the fresh released D3 and Warframe are that Warframe is free, way more entertaining, and being stated as "in Open Beta".

Would you dare say the fresh released D3 isn't a @(*()$ paid Beta with no @(*()$ "Beta statement"? (IMO its "Beta" ended after several updates)

No, Warframe is still in beta. It has not come out of beta yet. There is no 'technically' about it. It is in beta until they say otherwise.

I'm rank 16. You need to own (well, leveled up to 30) every mastery giving item ever released on PS4 and can only afford to be missing 1 3000 mastery item, like a single weapon. so, for example if you don't have Despair, but got everything else in the game you can hit MR16. If you also missed Dex Furis, you can't.

That's good to know that it's possible.  With the Dex Furis, Gorgon, Machete, and Gorgon Wraith being the iffy guys... yeah, that's good.  Just need to get that Loki Prime and Wyrm Prime.

I don't have access to the Wraith Twin Vipers, Boar, or Snipetron, and I think that's it.  Made my last two Clan Tech weapons this past weekend.  Kinda like the way the Dera shoots, but it needs buffed baaaadly.  Synapse is white noise after I threw 4 Formae on my Amprex.