Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If When Launch Comes Around, All Beta Progress Was Lost, Would You Play?

Mkilbride

was option long ago out of closed beta that u could one time only ..to wipe and start fresh...me personaly lol hell no ! But if others want to ..why not .option could be available.Taxing on support ..but u could always write to support and politely ask for a wipe of your account..problem solved.

hold on! wtf are you people talking about?

have DE officially said they are going to drag every accont to squere zero? a restart?

is there any source on this?

if true... thats like shooting your self in the foot with a bazooka!

i need source.

hodor!

If they didn't restore my progress that I had in the beta, with all of my stuff, I'd quit. I wouldn't restart to bring back hours of experience, get all of my frames back, get all of weapons back, and get all of the cosmetics back.

The thing is this is just a game, it's not real and I don't really have anything substantial to show for my time here. However the time and money I've spent on it is very real. A game reset at this point would be like DE stealing the hours of my life I've put into the game. Even re-crediting me with the platinum I spent wouldn't really make it sting any less (although not re-crediting would sure make it sting more).

I think as the game progresses there is less need for a reset since the game is much closer to a "finished" state now than it was the last time a reset was offered. They even managed to give us a temporary pretend reset so we could check out the tutorial missions and the new player experience.

hold on! wtf are you people talking about?

have DE officially said they are going to drag every accont to squere zero? a restart?

is there any source on this?

if true... thats like shooting your self in the foot with a bazooka!

i need source.

hodor!

No one said that it was, its just a hypothetical and not likely to happen.

The closest we might get is an optional reset like what that was offered back just after open beta was launched.

when i get back my spendet plat, year i would dev do so. would be funny to get back to the roots and its a chance to make things better than before.

it would be nice if you were able to choose. but stats, rank and plat should always be saved

Edited by kirin9

Short answer? No, I don't think I would.

Right now, Warframe is very near the bottom when it comes to "fun had versus time spent" for me. Probably because I've already put in so much time; there just isn't much novelty left to be gleaned.

I'm having fun with other games now, the wife is going back to school... I never played this game with her anyway, so it's natural that it would take a back seat to co-dependent (jokes!) play.

I wouldn't. I mean, even if all the plat was refunded that wouldn't be enough of an incentive to get me to stick around. I put a lot of hard work and effort into making sure I played through the game to earn my frames, weapons, ect. without paying cash (which, I've seen it argued and do kinda agree, is also a form of earning) and if all of that was swept under the rug in a mass reset without proper compensation (i.e., being able to regain all of the lost items through a plat refund) I just don't think I could bring myself to start all over from scratch.

Sorry, DE, sorry everyone who disagrees, but that's just how I feel about... anything.