De, What Type Of Player Were The Kubrows Made For?

If you can get an Argon Crystal then you should have no problem getting 8.3k a day.

Take note that I said new player, as in players who just got done with Venus and received the Kubrow quest. Tell such a player to find an Argon Crystal and 250k credits

Well they seem more leaning towards veteran players, even the survivability mods are linked to your warframes stats. 

You forget that lower lvl players wont need that much survi and even if player doesnt have that much hp kubrows will still live reasonably long until endless scaling or t4/nightmare dmg kicks in.

mirage without any additional mods, rank 5 link health rank 5 link shields and my raksa have ~500/550.

Get a hold on 150.000 credits and an argon crystal, along with 100.000 additional credits every twelve days for maintenance. .........Wat? No, really, wat? Is this for veterans with a huge income now or for newbies with a taxi to Sechura?

I have been playing the game for a month now, and have no issues with making credits. 5 runs on Sechura 5 waves = 100k, takes maybe 30 mins and you are set for the stabilizer pack.

Even new players can do this. Simply join a decent clan and ask for a taxi to Sechura, after that it is easy money.

I'm just not sure a Kubrow is even worth the hassle, whether it's easy to cover the maintenance cost or not. I can have a sentinel, which blows away enemies left, right and center at a somewhat reliable rate with a gun or I could have a Kubrow, who sometimes tears enemies to shreds, but there are just as many moments where he just stands there, gets riddled full of holes by enemy bullets and ignores it, not fighting back at all.

Sure, they can get much better health and shields than sentinels and potentially better survivability and theoretically you could even revive them from bleeding out if it wasn't so stupidly difficult to notice they're bleeding out in the first place. And they're infinitely more likable than sentinels, they're all fun and fuzzy and awww and... yeah. They're cute and dumb and useless and expensive. I like mine just for the sake of having one, but they don't really make missions any easier. They're not a great help or anything. I dunno, maybe I dropped mine on the head before hatching it, but it really just seems to serve decorative purposes.

It doesn't help that he gets even more useless when he gets killed in battle or you don't feed him the stupid DNA things for a day or two. I mean, they're already unimpressive, so the idea that my expensive pet gets a little more awful every day is just not very fun. Maintenance isn't fun. Keeping track of my pet's loyalty isn't fun. Getting punished two-fold when my pet dies isn't fun. None of this is fun. Kubrow's could be so much more fun if they attacked consistently and didn't degrade.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

I'm just not sure a Kubrow is even worth the hassle, whether it's easy to cover the maintenance cost or not. I can have a sentinel, which blows away enemies left, right and center at a somewhat reliable rate with a gun or I could have a Kubrow, who sometimes tears enemies to shreds, but there are just as many moments where he just stands there, gets riddled full of holes by enemy bullets and ignores it, not fighting back at all.

Sure, they can get much better health and shields than sentinels and potentially better survivability and theoretically you could even revive them from bleeding out if it wasn't so stupidly difficult to notice they're bleeding out in the first place. And they're infinitely more likable than sentinels, they're all fun and fuzzy and awww and... yeah. They're cute and dumb and useless and expensive. I like mine just for the sake of having one, but they don't really make missions any easier. They're not a great help or anything. I dunno, maybe I dropped mine on the head before hatching it, but it really just seems to serve decorative purposes.

It doesn't help that he gets even more useless when he gets killed in battle or you don't feed him the stupid DNA things for a day or two. I mean, they're already unimpressive, so the idea that my expensive pet gets a little more awful every day is just not very fun. Maintenance isn't fun. Keeping track of my pet's loyalty isn't fun. Getting punished two-fold when my pet dies isn't fun. None of this is fun. Kubrow's could be so much more fun if they attacked consistently and didn't degrade.

Ugh, mine is about to be mature today or tomorrow, doesn't sound like it's worth it tbh. Really, I thought tamachochis went out of fashion like 15 years ago...?

I guess putting it in stasis stops me having to give a damn about its upkeep, right?

(btw, carrier is cute, cuddly and useful as well, and low maintenance to boot. ;) The only thing I'd wish is for a way to revive sentinels somehow should they get blasted somehow during a mission)

Ugh, mine is about to be mature today or tomorrow, doesn't sound like it's worth it tbh. Really, I thought tamachochis went out of fashion like 15 years ago...?

I guess putting it in stasis stops me having to give a damn about its upkeep, right?

(btw, carrier is cute, cuddly and useful as well, and low maintenance to boot. ;) The only thing I'd wish is for a way to revive sentinels somehow should they get blasted somehow during a mission)

Yeah, putting them in stasis means no more maintenance.

But hey, I'm not ruling out that there's just something wrong with my Kubrow or that he's simply a bit slow or has "special needs". Give it a try and maybe it'll work better for you than it does for me. It's just that sentinels start shooting stuff from a pretty decent distance and the Kubrow only bites people at melee range. If he attacks at all, which is not always the case. And when a sentinel dies in battle, it's annoying and you can't bring them back, but they're fine again on the next mission. The Kubrow loses loyalty when he dies, meaning he'll deal less damage. Which is awesome for a pet, which doesn't shoot enemies or deal a lot of damage to begin with. :-/

Edited by Berserkerkitten