Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lacking Defence

hes2krazy

Did any of you tennos ever wanted to use your weapons in a more defensive way well not ganna happen not until the devs make more mods for them 

when i got my aegis today i was like yay. But then i cycle through my melee mods and ive been playing since alpha and i don't see any defense mods for blocking except one which is reflect. I can see that they have a lot of things to do and are very busy but If you want to build a melee weapon that specializes in defense its impossible. The lack of defense for a defense weapons is well i don't know what to say. If they say they want you to play the way you want well aint happening here 

mods i recommend being made for melee and not for warframe 

Block efficiency= reduces energy consumption when blocking

elemental defense= reduces damage of elemental damage 

impact absorption= dont know if this is passive but blocking should prevent knockdown

also i was wondering if they can implement a new system like the combo where the more hits you make the more damage you can deal. except this is for blocking the more you block your defense can absorb to a certain amount.

i dont think this is op because if you have these mods on your melee weapon you loose your damage you wont have you damage mods and it gives more choices to players if they want to be defensive or offensive 

well thats about it pls support this lol 

To your first mod idea: there is also a block efficiency mod, but it reduces channeling efficiency, so I expect it only applies while channeling, that being said, a non channeling block efficiency mod would be nice to have.

To your second: Blocking negates all incoming damage from the front, you can't reduce "no damage".

To your last: blocking does prevent knockdown, at least is always has for me.  

On a side note, in all honesty Silva & Aegis is a horrible weapon, it could have been amazing, but DE implemented it badly.  If you want a melee weapon specializing in defense you should look to a dagger (Heat Dagger is the only one on the market).

To your first mod idea: there is also a block efficiency mod, but it reduces channeling efficiency, so I expect it only applies while channeling, that being said, a non channeling block efficiency mod would be nice to have.

To your second: Blocking negates all incoming damage from the front, you can't reduce "no damage".

To your last: blocking does prevent knockdown, at least is always has for me.  

On a side note, in all honesty Silva & Aegis is a horrible weapon, it could have been amazing, but DE implemented it badly.  If you want a melee weapon specializing in defense you should look to a dagger (Heat Dagger is the only one on the market).

thx but i wanted not a weapon to be specialized as defense but a choice to mod defensively 

thx but i wanted not a weapon to be specialized as defense but a choice to mod defensively 

That was only a small part of my point.  Primarily, I was pointing out that two of your ideas were already implemented (so to speak), and saying I agree that we need better block efficiency mods.

Playing defensively is more in the actual skill of the user and not the weapon or mods. Blocking costs stamina, every hit you block drains your stamina more, you need to attack to stop the threat otherwise you will run out of stamina and start taking damage, swinging takes more stamina though, so you need to attack effectively, this means using finishers over wild swings. It also means picking the mods that restore stamina. Marathon, quick rest, second wind, and mods to help you get finishers easier, namely Parry. When you get to higher levels you can't take it slow however so you need to be quick, not only in animations but in movements and reactions.

You can mod to make playing defensively effective easily, but it's up to you to actually make it effective, otherwise you will just stand there getting shot until you die.