Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cheap Tricks

Evanescent

I know I'm not the first, but hear me out.

The new PvP gametype is awesome (could use some tweaks, but still) but I am sick of people using cheap tricks.

I've seen and experienced Vaubans bastille-ing the spawn camp and then flooding the door with castanas so that the moment you come out, you die.  I've seen Ash-es Bladestorm and shuriken their way to the objective, Valkyrs hysteria god mode on, or spawn camp. And Mirage Oh God Mirage. Her clones deal damage to you, and block damage to her. 

I understand that people want to win, but really? Where's the satisfaction in using cheap tricks? You want to win so bad, earn it! Come out and face me like a man! Show me those parkour moves, those dodges and pro shooting! Win with your skill! But no, let's win it like a coward. I've even seen people join opposition with radiation builds and low damage -high status weapons to sabotage the team for them! 

I'm not saying that the people who play the above said frames are all bad. I've played with many honorable ones.

But for God's sake, someone, do something! make those skills require require real skill, or nerf them in PvP to make it fair.

For those who want to say, "Oh noob, u can easily avoid those by dodging, moving about, lol lol etc etc, how on earth is a player supposed to avoid spawn-camping by some frames, or when he has just spawned? It doesn't even give him a fighting chance.

Again, I'm saying this. I love the new mode and all, but I want to have some fun! Why do these people have the ability to ruin my playtime with other honest players with their trolls and shenanigans?

Edit: Of course people will play to win. But They shouldn't be able to cheat/use underhanded methods to do so, for some who think I ask all people to hold hands and play at Merry-go-round.

Edit 2 : DO NOT PERSONALLY ATTACK OTHER PEOPLE. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN VIEWS. KEEP ON-TOPIC.

Edited by Evanescent

Humankind is broken, what did you expect in Warframe?

Fixed.

@Evanescent: This is the problem, it always happened, whatever game, whatever situation, whatever contest.

Can you remember the old FPS where in multiplayer people were used to go around with rocketlauncers to oneshot you? This happens since forever.

When humankind meets COMPETITION they turn into beasts wishing just to satisfy their EGO. Disregarding respect for other people.

And the fun thing is that if you decide to join the competition for whatever reason, you have to keep THEIR rules or having harder time. Or even leaving, if that doesn't fit you.

Some people will argue by saying this happens in real life too.

Of course, when you have to survive in the real world you'll accept the worst ethic to have success. In a free game with no reward it doesn't work the same.

It's always the same, people using other people to satisfy their own ego with no regards.

It's the Humankind way of dealing.

>The important thing is to remember this is a game and you don't have to get angry for it.

(Get angry when this happens IRL).

Edited by Burnthesteak87

It's called utilizing abilities..

Why don't you use them?

Man, utilizing abilities is fine. But abusing them is not, particularly when they give you an unfair advantage.

Have you ever been spawn camped and been forced t see you progress go down the drain?

And do u have any abilities to counter these, except equally unfair ones?

Fixed.

@Evanescent: This is the problem, it always happened, whatever game, whatever situation, whatever contest.

Can you remember the old FPS where in multiplayer people were used to go around with rocketlauncers to oneshot you? This happens since forever.

When humankind meets COMPETITION they turn into beasts wishing just to satisfy their EGO.

And the fun thing is that if you decide to join the competition for whatever reason, you have to keep THEIR rules or having harder time. Or even leaving, if that doesn't fits you.

Some people will argue by saying this happens in real life too.

Of course, when you have to survive in the real world you'll accept the worst ethic to have success. In a free game with no reward it doesn't work the same.

I know those!

Somehow I thought better of the warframe community. It wasn't like this before.

Man, utilizing abilities is fine. But abusing them is not, particularly when they give you an unfair advantage.

Have you ever been spawn camped and been forced t see you progress go down the drain?

And do u have any abilities to counter these, except equally unfair ones?

Stop being masochist and leave PvP untill its fixed? Why force yourself if you dislike playing PvP with that kind of people around?

I have fun and try to be creative in the PvE zone.

PvP is where I play to win. Sorry you think PvP zone is a fun zone.

^ Exactly this. Perfect example.

That goes from "I play to have fun" to "I play to satisfy myself, to testify I'm good".

Primary necessity order: SATISFACTION  > OWN EGO > Victory > Traditional FUN > ... > Respect for other Humans.

And it's incredibly funny to see how those people justify it.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

I have fun and try to be creative in the PvE zone.

PvP is where I play to win. Sorry you think PvP zone is a fun zone.

Um....so I am not allowed to have fun in a game-mode?

Playing ti win is fine, but I thought you had to win with your true skill, not cheap tricks.

I play to win too, but I don't cheat or use cheap tricks to do so. I use my own skill.

Um....so I am not allowed to have fun in a game-mode?

Playing ti win is fine, but I thought you had to win with your true skill, not cheap tricks.

I play to win too, but I don't cheat or use cheap tricks to do so. I use my own skill.

You win LoL with picks. This is why you don't go with stuffs like Poppy.

You win Warframe with picks. This is why I stop going into DS with Nekros because the other side will be using Ash anyway. Why should I let them be the only one using Ash on me?

"Cheater is just a fancy word for winner"

And "Cheating is just a fancy word for working tricks"

Edited by Zeitzbach

You win Warframe with picks. This is why I stop going into DS with Nekros because the other side will be using Ash anyway. Why should I let them be the only one using Ash on me?

I hope that is not also what you do in real life, or else you may be quite a bad leader. 

I hope that is not also what you do in real life, or else you may be quite a bad leader. 

Leader bring team to victory, not tell them "The other side is producing more stuffs than us because under-handed tactics!"

Sorry but law of nature. Use the most powerful method to consume the weaks.

Leader bring team to victory, not tell them "The other side is producing more stuffs than us because under-handed tactics!"

Sorry but law of nature. Use the most powerful method to consume the weaks.

Well, good luck with dealing nuclear warfare threats and such. 

You win LoL with picks. This is why you don't go with stuffs like Poppy.

"Cheater is just a fancy word for winner"

And "Cheating is just a fancy word for working tricks"

So....

"They exploit, so I'll exploit too?"

(I may not have understood properly, so in that case forgive me)

Sorry, but doesn't that make you the same as them? Why should we have to degrade ourselves just to win? 

People have forgotten why we play games. It's to have FUN people, not JUST WIN.

That attitude from people is why I quit LoL.

Honour? What honour? That word means next to nothing in Warframe's PvP however much DE likes to advertise it. People will do anything to win. With regards to Conclave, they're probably a few respectable ones out there who prefer to stick to their own codes, but in Dark Sectors, people aren't playing just for a good time and to raise K:D ratio.