Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easy Way To Play Warframe On Mac?

HekaMoro

Question

Hello! Just as the title suggests, does anyone know an easy way to play Warframe on a Mac? And before anyone starts, I WAS playing it on my WINDOWS laptop, but a couple of weeks ago it made a loud beeping sound and now every time I turn it on the screen is just black with the mouse showing (it won't work). I don't have enough money to just buy a new machine, so I've been using a Mac laptop I got for my birthday shortly before the windows one crashed.  I know there's bootcamp and Wine, but I figured it would be best to ask people that have either used them or know of a different method. I wanted to hear advice from people who actually have played Warframe before randomly picking one method over the other.

A preemptive thank you to anyone who posts!

*Again, I had a PC, it broke (after 2 years), and I can't afford another one. Simply saying 'get a PC' is in no way, shape, or form, helpful.

Edited by HekaMoro

7 answers to this question

Use bootcamp, its much more stable for running windows and win application on mac.

Agreed. I tried using Wine, modding Wine, Winebottler, Mono... All of it. Really. None will work as well as bootcamp.

to be fair, it's unlikely a mac will even be able to play Warframe well. PC is overall better than macs anyway, so stick with PC.

PC are not always better than Macs. Try Logic Pro once and you'll know what I'm talking about xD. But for gaming... Definitely PC

Thank you evilzinc and xxViennaxx for responding with helpful posts. As for this:

to be fair, it's unlikely a mac will even be able to play Warframe well. PC is overall better than macs anyway, so stick with PC.

I've used PC almost my entire life, so I do know from personal experience just how awful and good they can be. Simply saying one is 'better' than the other doesn't prove anything. Both are good for different things, and various industries rely on one more heavily than the other. 

Edited by HekaMoro

I've used PC almost my entire life, so I do know from personal experience just how awful they can be. They get entirely to buggy, their lifespans are abysmal (my laptop was only 2 years old), and they often can't handle the more heavy duty applications. That being said, their graphics are often superior, and they are the best for playing video games, which I am well aware of. Simply saying one is 'better' than the other is not only annoying, but pointless and stupid. Both are good for different things, and various industries rely on one more heavily than the other. 

This... I'm not even gonna start :P

On topic: I agree with the ones suggesting you use bootcamp, its by far the best way to do it. :)

Edited by Radford_343