Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Snipers...

Yazeth

Am I missing something about Snipers?

I like that this game has a great variety in weapons, a little something for everyone, but snipers seem like such an awkward fit. There aren't that many large, open areas in the game, which is what snipers are balanced around.

Why stop, zoom in to something never far away, potentially charge, and take a single shot on a single guy, when so many weapons in this game can just walk into a room and take out half the room blindly?

I don't understand how that can compete, and I can't really imagine a buff that would solve it. Snipers are founded on long range, vital shots that just really aren't that important in Warframe. You're rarely far away, and most enemies aren't so tough that aimed shots are important.

Am I missing something?

Am I missing something about Snipers?

I like that this game has a great variety in weapons, a little something for everyone, but snipers seem like such an awkward fit. There aren't that many large, open areas in the game, which is what snipers are balanced around.

Why stop, zoom in to something never far away, potentially charge, and take a single shot on a single guy, when so many weapons in this game can just walk into a room and take out half the room blindly?

I don't understand how that can compete, and I can't really imagine a buff that would solve it. Snipers are founded on long range, vital shots that just really aren't that important in Warframe. You're rarely far away, and most enemies aren't so tough that aimed shots are important.

Am I missing something?

Same things for bows.

But once Bows got their well deserved buff, they were used as a head hunter weapon to pick off elites and heavy fellows.

Edited by fatpig84

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

I still think it's going to be a bit harder for snipers to pull that off. Honestly the best buff for snipers might be giving us more map variety rather than touching the weapons themselves.

give snipers 3-4x their base damage/status chance and they could be considered viable again, as a majority of the community is just a min/maxer crowd who only looks at base stats when selecting weapons, snipers could do their job of taking out HVTs and wreaking havoc with a blast or corrosive proc to weaken armor for allies if their target lives.