Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Levels Of Alert To Survivals

Muffle

Begin the survival by setting the base on the basic level of alert.

You should then be able to hack additional consoles to increase the level of alert up to 2 more times. This would be irreversible. 

Alert level 1: Nothing has changed from what we've been doing forever

Alert level 2: Enemies have 1.25x the spawn rate, eximi have 2x the spawn rate

Alert level 3: Enemies have 1.5x the spawn rate, eximi have 3x the spawn rate

The pros of going up in alert levels: More enemies spawn and actively seek you out. This will make it easier to get life support.

The cons of going up in alert levels: Harder enemies spawn more often, eximuses (eximi?) included. 

I, for one, am sick of running through 2, 3 empty rooms just to find mobs in survival. I thought the entire base was out to get you. This is a pretty sad effort. 

I like the idea except for the increase in Eximi.  I have had enough of being swarmed by those non-mod dropping trolls late in Survivals.  I have just the right amount of Oberon (1) and every Leech Osprey Eximus I saw when trying to get Gleaming Talon was a metaphorical kick to the crotch as it smuggly floated around being all sparkly and not even having a small chance to drop what I was after.  That was a Leech Osprey that had decided from the moment it existed that it's purpose was not to make me happy.

PS:  I also once went on an Infested Mobile Defense alert to hunt Nauseous Crawlers for Homing Fang.  How many scans of Nauseous Crawler Eximi did I have by the end?  20.  How many Oberon blueprints did I pick up?  2 complete sets!  How many Homing Fang?  0.  Bloody Eximus...

Begin the survival by setting the base on the basic level of alert.

You should then be able to hack additional consoles to increase the level of alert up to 2 more times. This would be irreversible. 

Alert level 1: Nothing has changed from what we've been doing forever

Alert level 2: Enemies have 1.25x the spawn rate, eximi have 2x the spawn rate

Alert level 3: Enemies have 1.5x the spawn rate, eximi have 3x the spawn rate

The pros of going up in alert levels: More enemies spawn and actively seek you out. This will make it easier to get life support.

The cons of going up in alert levels: Harder enemies spawn more often, eximuses (eximi?) included. 

I, for one, am sick of running through 2, 3 empty rooms just to find mobs in survival. I thought the entire base was out to get you. This is a pretty sad effort. 

This does not fix the problem but makes it worse. The reason their is less life support being dropped because enemies are harder to kill. therefore they take more time to kill. Therefore you get less kills in that time. Therefore the enemies drop less in that amount of time. Therefore you run out of life support. The enemies need to hit harder but scale less in hp.

Enemies should: Scale hp by 5%. Scale damage by 10%.

Edited by OrphanMaker