Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Improvements

Azamagon

Slash dash: damage from the melee weapon carried with 30 percent proc chance from the melee carried.

Radial blind: LOS taken out and range reduced to 25.

Stun gives finisher damage

Blinding gives normal melee

Stun: effected by strength mods

Blinding: effected by duration mods

Range: distance

Super jump: on cast the sheer pressure of the jump causes enemies to go into the air once landed enemies are are pushed to the floor causing them to have a knockdown with swords crushing up from the ground causing enemies to have constant staggers. Can still be used a jump but the blades will stay on the ground and wont redo new swords until the duration has ended but can still jump

Strength: amount of swords from the ground

Duration: durstion of staying in the ground

Range: how far to get targets

Radial javelin:

Range reduced

The damage becomes finisher damage

Stunning is now effected by duration

New abilite so we don't have to have super jump

Holly blade: used radial blinds animation

Upon cast Excalibur gains health every time he kills or hits an enemy in melee and a flat damage reduction at 30 percent for both shields and health.

Strength: amount of health gained when killing

Duration: how long the health gain

Range: damage reduction time

Blade barrier from poster to get rid of radial javelin

I really love thee suggetions, and hope they can be implemented.

Also, why not just replace Super Jump with that etheral Skana he always uses? Make it like a melee weapon that's always channeling and does the channeling damage of your regular melee or something, plus the melee counter.

Super jump should be replaced with a type of airborn slash-dash. Where Excalibur slashes straight up, carrying any hit enemy with him, attacks them twice in a combo mid-air, and then charges straight towards the next closest enemy, leaving any caught in his upward lunge to plummet to their death, and the victim of his air-charge to become ragdolled and take heavy slash damage, with a high chance of bleeding.

c:

actually i think super jump should be replaced by a sort of state change ability, that would essentially buff excaliburs attack speed, melee damage, Large of amounts of stamina/continuous stamina regen and make all of his jumps super jumps and you only go as high as you want, depending on how long you hold down the jump button.

and as an added bonus excal will stick to walls (in the animation where you'd normally slide down, he'd instead just cling to the wall) and his wall jumps would be more like dashes. This ability would only effect excal as it would be kind of crazy to have it apply to the whole group.

his slash dash should stagger all the enemies it hits, as well as it was stated before, apply a guranteed bleed proc that can be stacked from multiple slash dashes.

Edited by Reaver_X

As an excalibur user myself, who's used him since I got him (and never getting rid of that frame unless an alternate Prime for the masses shows up, still crossing my fingers on that one), I am going to say I am really looking forward to this if they do it. I've been pushed around for not having a blind-central build for the longest time, and having the other abilities gain more use outside of under 20 areas would be a great boon to those of us who have tried to stick with him... no matter how many times they nerf him.

Here are some of my ideas as to how to boost them without changing them much.

Slash Dash;

This one isn't changing much. I'd like to have him be using two blades for it, but meh, it's the effects I want. I've been using it as a mobility tool since my first week, and it fits the bill nicely... except that enemies stop it. I've been blockaded and forced to run away with ten hit points more times than I care to count. Giving it punchthrough so that you can use it to escape dire situations would make it far more useful, and you wouldn't even have to change anything else... though having knockback and instant bleed proc would still be nice.

Radial Blind;

As a light-based attack, line of sight is going to be an issue no matter how you slice it, though I'm really liking the OPs suggestion on having it last longer than two seconds, and unlocking some movement so you can counter the move's weakness through skill rather than making it go through walls. Past that, this is arguably his strongest ability, and truly needs no change.

SuperJump;

Er... yeah. This is the one no-one likes. Sure, as a mobility tool, it's nice, but ever since slashing in the air could hurl you upward about the same distance, it's become even more useless. Turning it into an actual attack and CC as well would make it more useful. I like the idea of using it to draw enemies in and damage them, maybe pull them with you... but Tailwind already does almost all of that. I have a couple ideas that could make the move unique though.

Idea 1; Bowling Blade!

When jumping, you have the option of bringing enemies within a radius up with you... now comes the fun part. At the top of your jump, Excal plays a shashing animation, and all the enemies that were picked up with him fly in the direction the aimer points, dealing damage and knockback to whatever they hit, much like if they were killed by an arrow, turning any enemies you bring up with you into projectiles. Bonus; it uses code that's already in the game, so it wouldn't be too hard to impliment either.

Idea 2; Bladed Smash.

Jumping is well and good, but it it needs more to make it actually do anything. I liked the idea another poster had on having the jumping-off point grow blades to trip enemies up and cause damage like a spike pit, but it's the impact zone that is what I'm aiming for. Maybe causing the impact to automatically act as if you'd melee'd at the top, but extending it to the use of Excal's energy blade and allowing it to throw enemies away/turning them into projectiles would also make the move more rewarding.

Idea 3; Helicopter!

This one is mostly for ridiculousness, but it brings together the bladed elements of your ideas with a couple of my own. Turn Excalibur into a dual wielding whirlwind as he goes up, dragging enemies with him, and allow him some movement while he's up there, so that he can hover about while spinning tearing the hapless opponents he brought with him to shreds on the way down. This would slow his fall, yes, and maybe make him more of a target... but would also allow you to direct your fall onto enemies, and give them a taste of the propeller treatment.

Radial Javelin;

I cannot argue with your Bladeshield idea, at all. Freaking-out levels of awesome, 'nuf said, but having other ideas on the table can improve things a lot.

Perhaps having whirling blades around him that turn into a shield of spinning bladeses while blocking would be nice, but add onto that that when blocking, the projectiles that hit it go toward your aimer, rather than back toward the enemies that sent them. This makes it able to direct any fire that comes at you toward whoever you wish... even make it capable of directing your friends' fire, so that you turn into a bladed lens that points the hurt toward choice targets.

Overall, yeah. Excal needs some love, he's been on the nerfing table so long that he practically needs the foam empire's logo, and everyone who 'masters ' him only ever uses one ability. Some extra utility and a boost to his already quasi-useful abilities would make him a viable choice even for players that are past the level 20 or so areas.

Hope some of the posts on this thread catch DE's eye... even if we end up with a Nerf logo sigil, just for laughs.

EDIT; Oh yeah... please feel free to rename ANY of the abilities you see here. Having Excalibur stuck with my sarcastic and whimsical form of wit for the rest of his days would almost be as bad as having the Nerf logo permanently branded onto his chest.

Edited by WolvenEdge

+1, i'm dreaming with this excalibur revamp since vivergate.

Hek yes, this so well thought out and awesome.  I would love to see any and/or all of these changes made to excal.  I wish I could give your post more +1's.

I really love thee suggetions, and hope they can be implemented.

Also, why not just replace Super Jump with that etheral Skana he always uses? Make it like a melee weapon that's always channeling and does the channeling damage of your regular melee or something, plus the melee counter.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it :)

@ TheBrsrkr, your suggestion for the replacement, I feel such a thing is too niched. Melee-inspired abilities seems to be the way to go, but not to make them so forced upon you (he is a starter Warframe after all, don't make him overly forced into melee, like Valkyr, so he still feels versatile as he should). Besides, while I did suggest a bunch of things myself, it's better to work with what exists (aka, my Rising Slash which keeps Super Jumps mechanic, but with additions to it which fit his kit + Blade Barrier which keeps the whole javelin blades stuff of Radial Javelin intact, but with additions so it fits the kit.

As an excalibur user myself, who's used him since I got him (and never getting rid of that frame unless an alternate Prime for the masses shows up, still crossing my fingers on that one), I am going to say I am really looking forward to this if they do it. I've been pushed around for not having a blind-central build for the longest time, and having the other abilities gain more use outside of under 20 areas would be a great boon to those of us who have tried to stick with him... no matter how many times they nerf him.

Here are some of my ideas as to how to boost them without changing them much.

Slash Dash;

This one isn't changing much. I'd like to have him be using two blades for it, but meh, it's the effects I want. I've been using it as a mobility tool since my first week, and it fits the bill nicely... except that enemies stop it. I've been blockaded and forced to run away with ten hit points more times than I care to count. Giving it punchthrough so that you can use it to escape dire situations would make it far more useful, and you wouldn't even have to change anything else... though having knockback and instant bleed proc would still be nice.

Radial Blind;

As a light-based attack, line of sight is going to be an issue no matter how you slice it, though I'm really liking the OPs suggestion on having it last longer than two seconds, and unlocking some movement so you can counter the move's weakness through skill rather than making it go through walls. Past that, this is arguably his strongest ability, and truly needs no change.

SuperJump;

Er... yeah. This is the one no-one likes. Sure, as a mobility tool, it's nice, but ever since slashing in the air could hurl you upward about the same distance, it's become even more useless. Turning it into an actual attack and CC as well would make it more useful. I like the idea of using it to draw enemies in and damage them, maybe pull them with you... but Tailwind already does almost all of that. I have a couple ideas that could make the move unique though.

Idea 1; Bowling Blade!

When jumping, you have the option of bringing enemies within a radius up with you... now comes the fun part. At the top of your jump, Excal plays a shashing animation, and all the enemies that were picked up with him fly in the direction the aimer points, dealing damage and knockback to whatever they hit, much like if they were killed by an arrow, turning any enemies you bring up with you into projectiles. Bonus; it uses code that's already in the game, so it wouldn't be too hard to impliment either.

Idea 2; Bladed Smash.

Jumping is well and good, but it it needs more to make it actually do anything. I liked the idea another poster had on having the jumping-off point grow blades to trip enemies up and cause damage like a spike pit, but it's the impact zone that is what I'm aiming for. Maybe causing the impact to automatically act as if you'd melee'd at the top, but extending it to the use of Excal's energy blade and allowing it to throw enemies away/turning them into projectiles would also make the move more rewarding.

Idea 3; Helicopter!

This one is mostly for ridiculousness, but it brings together the bladed elements of your ideas with a couple of my own. Turn Excalibur into a dual wielding whirlwind as he goes up, dragging enemies with him, and allow him some movement while he's up there, so that he can hover about while spinning tearing the hapless opponents he brought with him to shreds on the way down. This would slow his fall, yes, and maybe make him more of a target... but would also allow you to direct your fall onto enemies, and give them a taste of the propeller treatment.

Radial Javelin;

I cannot argue with your Bladeshield idea, at all. Freaking-out levels of awesome, 'nuf said, but having other ideas on the table can improve things a lot.

Perhaps having whirling blades around him that turn into a shield of spinning bladeses while blocking would be nice, but add onto that that when blocking, the projectiles that hit it go toward your aimer, rather than back toward the enemies that sent them. This makes it able to direct any fire that comes at you toward whoever you wish... even make it capable of directing your friends' fire, so that you turn into a bladed lens that points the hurt toward choice targets.

Overall, yeah. Excal needs some love, he's been on the nerfing table so long that he practically needs the foam empire's logo, and everyone who 'masters ' him only ever uses one ability. Some extra utility and a boost to his already quasi-useful abilities would make him a viable choice even for players that are past the level 20 or so areas.

Hope some of the posts on this thread catch DE's eye... even if we end up with a Nerf logo sigil, just for laughs.

EDIT; Oh yeah... please feel free to rename ANY of the abilities you see here. Having Excalibur stuck with my sarcastic and whimsical form of wit for the rest of his days would almost be as bad as having the Nerf logo permanently branded onto his chest.

Hey, man, that's a lot of nice words and good feedback too!

Slash Dash - I added the "passing through enemies freely", that is a necessary addition for sure! Dual blades used for it seems like one of those things that could be added as an Excalibur-specific cosmetic options! Warframe-specific cosmetics are something we really ought to have more of!

Radial Blind - Agreed, it is strong, it could just need some QoL which ISN'T the simple "passing through walls" thing it used to do, it just doesn't really fit. Making it linger on Excalibur fits his highly mobile kit too, synergy like that always feels nice imo :)

Super Jump - Well, making it a blade-whirlwind-jump that pulls enemies up along with you, that's to give it synergy with Slash Dash and Blade Barrier. And afaik, Tail Wind doesn't lift enemies up at all, does it? *shrugs*

As for your suggestions:

Bowling Blade - Well it certainly sounds like a lot of fun, the only problem I have with it is: Where is the synergy with his other abilities?

Bladed Smash - You know, this gave me another idea: Making it spawn a small area of blades (like a nasty spiketrap) on BOTH the jumping and landing point, which could pin enemies in place (like, they IMPALE enemies so they get ragdolled in one place!) not only sounds gruesomely cool, but it also synergizes well with his melee-based kit! This is why I like feedback, it can be so (sinisterly >:D) inspiring! ^_^

Helicopter - Heh, well, this sounds a bit silly for me :P

Blade Barrier  - Haha, wow, that sounds like you like it a lot! :D

The blocking defleciton going back where you aim, rather than redirected directly back to the source, that sounds like a just as good alternative as mine, I wouldn't mind either one :) The ally-redirect sounds particularly awesome because of that! Nice idea :)

Thanks again for the thorough feedback :)

-snip-

-snip-

Most of these are already suggested in the OP, so ummm, yeah...

• 1 month later...

DE is removing Super jump due to Parkour 2.0 and bumping Radial Jav to 3 and making excalibur a new ultimate. Stated by DE during Devstream 49 or 50.

Please note that this thread was made before the long-awaited devstream 50. Consider the source.