The Attica,

Look at the Supra and how long it's been since it was released, hasn't received any special treatment other than a visual upgrade to it's plasma shots.

So why should the Attica come first?

im sorry, this is the silliest thing ive read on here in a wile.

1) just because the one weapon hasn't been touched has nothing to do what so ever with this thread, if you feel the supra needs some love then go make a post on it. this is not the place.

2) the supra, also a dojo weapon does more the twice the DPS then the attica, obviously it needs the help more, that why the attica should be touched first.

3) the supra was not born bad, on its release it was one of the better weapons in the game, the state it finds itself in now is the result of power-creep. the attica was never good to begin with.

Edited by Vanhline
Vanhline, on 28 Jul 2014 - 9:32 PM, said:Vanhline, on 28 Jul 2014 - 9:32 PM, said:

im sorry, this is the silliest thing ive read on here in a wile.

1) just because the one weapon hasn't been touched has nothing to do what so ever with this thread, if you feel the supra needs some love then go make a post on it. this is not the place.

2) the supra, also a dojo weapon does more the twice the DPS then the attica, obviously it needs the help more, that why the attica should be touched first.

3) the supra was not born bad, on its release it was one of the better weapons in the game, the state it finds itself in now is the result of power-creep. the attica was never good to begin with.

No, but the Supra was part of the original set of research weapons when the dojos went live and it deserves to be in the research pool, the Attica doesn't. It should've been made available to the public in the market.

Supra fell apart after Damage 2.0 was released along with the other original research weapons. Every weapon that has been released post Damage 2.0 should be put on the waiting list.

The Attica does need to get looked at, but right now, we need to focus on getting the word out that the original set of research weapons needs to be looked at first before moving onto the newer generation of research weapons.

Not to mention a large portion of these research weapons shouldn't even be in research which is the other main problem with how Tenno Reinforcements are being handled.

Edited by __Kanade__

I remember you made a thread on this after seeing the stats in the devstream, and everyone told you to shut up and wait for it to release. Then it came out and those people never spoke again.

Anyway yeah, it needs a buff everywhere. Even with boosted damage and reload, it would still be very awkward to use. In addition to those buffs, it needs faster arrow speed and a straighter arc to differentiate it from the true bows, maybe.

A poster here named Vargras actually contaced rebecca and she said DE acknowledged how bad the weapon was. It's been about two months since then, so we have... 4 months to go? Since that really does seem like the average buff cycle for weapons in this game, if the bow buff is anything to go by.

if they buff the damage I would say a less pathetic sound effect is in order as well

PLEASE DE, please.

Attica's sounds is... yeah, pathetic. It lacks strength.

Having ran out of things to do in this game i always look for weapons whose hidden potential might be edplored, i did so with the torid, the lanka, the miter, grinlok ( all of which could use utility buffs) and i always find myself looking at the attica and there's absolutely nothing to be explored there, NOTHING, we were all hyped witj a crossbow, we went through denial when we saw how laughable it was in that hydroid dev stream, we made several threads, and here we are, with an awesomely designed weapon that doesnt suit any role, any player, begginer or veteran, any situation, any specific build (crit or status), NOTHING again if i'm allowed to repeat that in full caps, please DE, turn this awesome weapon into something useable!

So true. Attica right now sucks big time, it's not worth the time, the resources or the effort.

If i had to retouch weapons, the first thing I'd decide on is extra utility. I mean, if you have to, make up more utility ideas.

* Long charge secondary on Attica bolts to apply 100% elemental proc, as long as you only have one element or element combo.

OK, so that's a weird one on an ever weirder gun, but I think you guys get the idea. I'd prefer my weapons to each do something that's fun to pull them out for, rather then <bland damage X> like everything else. If we just go on damage, I'll look up a wiki and just go with the top 5 guns.

My issues with Attica is that it can't use the Thunderbolt mod, It's not silent, It's reload speed, It's damage and It's recoil.

The fact it can't use thunderbolt signifigantly reduces It's effectiveness in general play ( Anything with large groups of enemies ). The only place I find it even enjoyable is in stealth runs which brings me to another of my problems with the weapon which is of all of the weapons in the game the Attica has one of the most suppressed firing noises and yet It's not enately silent. It has a great firing noise. Just a quiet pew. It's DPS is far too low for what it demands to make and It's reload speed is a little too high for It's damage. It's recoil also makes It's fully automatic function not even worth using.

In short I think the Attica needs the following to be worth using:

- Higher DPS ( Most likely crit based )

- Enately silent

- Able to use the Thunderbolt mod

- Lower reload speed

- Reduced recoil or a change from automatic to semi-automatic

The problem is not necessarily with the Attica itself. A Lot of the clan weapons (Flux Rifle, Supra, Dera, Spectra, and Venka just to name a few) are very underpowered. A good portion of these clan tech weapons need to be reworked. The Attica is really just one name on this very long list. 

To be fair Flux and Spectra were ruined when DE "fixed" continuous weapons. Flux Rifle used to be a deadly beast.

I am open to buffing this weapon slightly - but to the point of higher single shot damage  NOT increasing TOO much, i thing improvement should come from crit and status.

A slight buff would be excellent but should not be able to one shot enemies. The full size bow such as the Dread and Paris should have the option for one shot kills. Realistically the crossbow has less velocity than a longbow. Therefore the full size bow should be a one shot in the right areas whereas the crossbow should be about a 2 shot depending on the area hit.

No, but the Supra was part of the original set of research weapons when the dojos went live and it deserves to be in the research pool, the Attica doesn't. It should've been made available to the public in the market.

Supra fell apart after Damage 2.0 was released along with the other original research weapons. Every weapon that has been released post Damage 2.0 should be put on the waiting list.

The Attica does need to get looked at, but right now, we need to focus on getting the word out that the original set of research weapons needs to be looked at first before moving onto the newer generation of research weapons.

Not to mention a large portion of these research weapons shouldn't even be in research which is the other main problem with how Tenno Reinforcements are being handled.

the fact that it was one of the first dojo weps is completely meaningless. who cares if it was first or last, all the matters is its current state.

the supra when compared to weapons like it, the soma; it is very much on par, it falls short by only a few thousand sustained dps then makes up for it with a significantly higher burst damage.

order of release, order of degradation, are both meaningless, what matters is how they are now and whats being done about it. the attica now, is in a significantly worse spot then the supra, on part with starting weapons like the braton wile being a dojo weapon and thus should be addressed first.

but again, this is a thread on the attica not the supra, if your looking to get the supra some love this is not the place, go start a supra thread.

What about my Kestrel then? I need a buff !!! Even with 7 Forma's I'm having trouble against Heavy Gunners ...

Difference being: The attica is a mr4 weapon, it is clan tech weapon, it was asked by lots of players and hyped to death by devs only for us to receive a nerf weapon. It doesn't make the minimal amount of sense, like silva and aegis, if you will, we are not asking for opness here, just to give us something to work with, the coolness is half of those guns' appeal but that alone doesn't help. Plus, glaive class in general is bad, the best which is the glaive prine is underwhelming.

To be fair Flux and Spectra were ruined when DE "fixed" continuous weapons. Flux Rifle used to be a deadly beast.

Flux was ruined when viral was ruined, stackable viral and flux rifle was the most glorious build i've ever played with, it was like the ebola beam, omg, i miss that.

This is a really touchy topic in my opinion. 

First, i have the Attica, and believe it does indeed need a buff. 

At base 

* Higher damage (only slightly though, nothing huge as the following well assist it). 

* Higher base critical damage (i think X2 is enough). 

* Finally, it really needs a base critical chance buff (maybe 25 or 30 percent? Nothing massive). 

I honestly have no problems with the reload/fire rate in general, but i'm not opposed to a change in it. 

The reason i first said this was a touchy topic is because what is happening now. When someone brings up something that needs a buff, more weapons rapidly begin to come up. I personally think that DE needs to start something along the lines of "Balance 2.0", and simply look at every weapon and adjust it appropriately. I also think that the clan weapons should be a little higher on the list to be adjusted as they tend to require high mastery ranks and many resources, but don't always live up to the effort it takes to obtain them (Attica, Flux Rifle, SPECTRA, etc). But this is a totally different topic, and shouldn't be discussed here, so this is all i will say regarding it.  

At base 

* Higher damage (only slightly though, nothing huge as the following well assist it). 

* Finally, it really needs a base critical chance buff (maybe 25 or 30 percent? Nothing massive). 

I honestly have no problems with the reload/fire rate in general, but i'm not opposed to a change in it. 

The reason i first said this was a touchy topic is because what is happening now. When someone brings up something that needs a buff, more weapons rapidly begin to come up. I personally think that DE needs to start something along the lines of "Balance 2.0", and simply look at every weapon and adjust it appropriately. I also think that the clan weapons should be a little higher on the list to be adjusted as they tend to require high mastery ranks and many resources, but don't always live up to the effort it takes to obtain them (Attica, Flux Rifle, SPECTRA, etc). But this is a totally different topic, and shouldn't be discussed here, so this is all i will say regarding it.  

I totally agree ... I actually can't believe I just said that.

If DE is going to stick weapons behind MR or clan tech - even though, with the current implementations of those, it's kinda meaninless, and not hard to get around - they might as well "bring them in line" a bit to make those values make sense.

As far as what actually needs doing to them, I have no idea, as I have no issues with any of the weapons in "non-wave-frigging-50" content in this game, after a Forma or two is added. If people are going to whinge they cant do 30 minutes in Defense with them, I have no pity. We are meant to run missions with our gear not play these http://turretdefensegames.com/

I totally agree ... I actually can't believe I just said that.

If DE is going to stick weapons behind MR or clan tech - even though, with the current implementations of those, it's kinda meaninless, and not hard to get around - they might as well "bring them in line" a bit to make those values make sense.

As far as what actually needs doing to them, I have no idea, as I have no issues with any of the weapons in "non-wave-frigging-50" content in this game, after a Forma or two is added. If people are going to whinge they cant do 30 minutes in Defense with them, I have no pity. We are meant to run missions with our gear not play these http://turretdefensegames.com/

It's not just that the Attica is weak. It's that it's plain not fun to use for most people. Super slow reload for its damage output, wimpy firing sound, slow projectile that has a tendency to bug out.

What about my Kestrel then? I need a buff !!! Even with 7 Forma's I'm having trouble against Heavy Gunners ...

I know you're being sarcastic but that's not a good comparison, because the Kestrel is a utility weapon.

At base 

The Attica is one of the worst offenders and the outcry on release was massive. But there are so many weapons that feel like a waste of time and resources that it is hard to skip a chance on bringing some names on threads like this. But you know what is worse? People that deny this and actively work to have one weapon buffed in detriment of all the rest. There is resistance to balance coming from the community and we need to work that out or DE is never going to rebalance gear.

I firmly believe that DE needs to "compress" the progression on weapons. The very best cannot be so far away from all other weapons. From my experience even a minuscule bonus can make one weapon a community favorite. We don't need the enormous gap present in Warframe today. Neither does DE.

Edited by steak
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the bump, but I searched for threads that talk about the Attica and I found the appropriate one.
I really think that the Attica should be silenced because it's a stringed weapon and just because it has some mechanisms doesnt mean they make a significant noise compared to an explosive or a gunpowder. And no, dont start nudging me with "Hush" because it's a waste of a slot and mod points.

Also, what I've seen here that it doesn't make up for its cost of a forma so I would suggest in addition for silencing it(and the Ballistica too, because I've seen some comments that it's not actually silent) also granting it a bit more of a crit multiplier or perhaps adding a bit impact damage so it will be able to stand against shields as well.

I would really like to keep this discussion up until these stuff(al least the silence) are implemented.

I have to disagree that it's a bad weapon because I've seen some nifty numbers on the Attica.

6w29XcZ.jpg

This is how multipliers work... 3.3(Crit multiplyer)x1.27(Rifle Amp)x1.5(Roar)x2(Headshot)xbase damage. Yeah.

Yes, I can hit harder with my Dread/Paris Prime. Yes I can hit harder with my Latron Prime. But this is an automatic weapon with 50% crit chance with the crit mod. With the increase of fire rate buff as well...

However, I wouldn't mind another buff, because this is already one of my favorite weapons after the damage buff.

If your worried about this being a bad weapon for the lower levels, just throw thunderbolt and use a mirage. A rapid Thunderbolt wrecks low leveled mobs.

No idea how any of you are building the Attica but when I build mine 75% of the shots do over 10k damage. That's usually enough to one hit enemies all the way up to t4.

as it stands its BY FAR the hardest hitting automatic weapon in the game. Period. People just need to learn how to build weapons and not rely on you tubers really really bad builds...

Please note that this thread was made before the Attica was buffed.

Only things I'd like to see tweaked now are:

1. Reload speed. 2.8s feels juuuust a little too long for the amount of bolts in a magazine. Maybe knock it down to 2.4s and it'll be fine.

2. Vertical recoil. Why does a repeater crossbow have such massive muzzle climb, yet the Boltor Prime has barely any? I don't know. REduce the recoil and it'll become an awesome weapon.

That's it.