Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Always Funny With Trading.

Mkilbride

So I was looking for this Stance, Tranquil Cleave. I looked at some peoples topics on here, on another website that had the average sale prices for it. I knew it was 20-30p. I wanted to get it for 20P.

So I went into trade. First offer "50p!" ,next guy "35P, max ranked!", then the last guy "60p", when I go "60? That's abit high you know'

he goes "This mod is really popular right now and regularly goes for 70/90p (Big difference there lol, 30p). I tell him there is a site to check price history and it doesn't go for more than 20-30P. He then lowers it to 45. I go "Wow, half off, you must be a super generous guy to give it to me for 45p less than you say it's worth"

He goes "Yes, I am."

Then he lowers it to 40P. Then some other guy whispers me and is like "20P", and I'm just like "Done"

Bartering is always funny to watch people try to charge to much for something, and just tossing the price down at the first sign the person won't buy.

Arcane helmets are the worst.

Me:  "WTB Arcane Vespa"

Guy1:  "100p"

Me:  "Ahahahahahahah!"

Guy2:  "75p"

Me:  "no"

Guy3:  "How's 50p?"

Me:  "A little too high.  You take 25p?"

Guy3:  "45p is the lowest I'll take.  It goes for 100p."

Me:  "No it doesn't."

Guy3:  "I've never seen it go for less than 75p"

Me:  "Cool story"

Guy4:  "Offer?"

Me:  "20p"

Guy4:  "25p"

Me:  "Okay, you drive a hard bargain, but deal." 

Just say "I only has 20p :(" it always works for me

i actually do this too. someone ups the price past medium of what it usually sells for and i tell them i only have what it sells for as low ,or a bit lower and they usually sell it for that.

So I was looking for this Stance, Tranquil Cleave. I looked at some peoples topics on here, on another website that had the average sale prices for it. I knew it was 20-30p. I wanted to get it for 20P.

So I went into trade. First offer "50p!" ,next guy "35P, max ranked!", then the last guy "60p", when I go "60? That's abit high you know'

he goes "This mod is really popular right now and regularly goes for 70/90p (Big difference there lol, 30p). I tell him there is a site to check price history and it doesn't go for more than 20-30P. He then lowers it to 45. I go "Wow, half off, you must be a super generous guy to give it to me for 45p less than you say it's worth"

He goes "Yes, I am."

Then he lowers it to 40P. Then some other guy whispers me and is like "20P", and I'm just like "Done"

Bartering is always funny to watch people try to charge to much for something, and just tossing the price down at the first sign the person won't buy.

Got charged 25p for Pistol Ammo Mutation. I replied with LOL, 5 mins later i send him a screenshot of me getting it for 7p :3

Arcane helmets are the worst.

Me:  "WTB Arcane Vespa"

Guy1:  "100p"

Me:  "Ahahahahahahah!"

Guy2:  "75p"

Me:  "no"

Guy3:  "How's 50p?"

Me:  "A little too high.  You take 25p?"

Guy3:  "45p is the lowest I'll take.  It goes for 100p."

Me:  "No it doesn't."

Guy3:  "I've never seen it go for less than 75p"

Me:  "Cool story"

Guy4:  "Offer?"

Me:  "20p"

Guy4:  "25p"

Me:  "Okay, you drive a hard bargain, but deal." 

Thats pretty much how haggling works in real life. Warframe is like a pakistani bazar simulator

Yeah theres a huge scammer problem in Warframe if you're trading for the first time or dont know the prices you can easily get cought with one of those "Well I got another offer that has a higher price, will u sell for more?"

i actually do this too. someone ups the price past medium of what it usually sells for and i tell them i only have what it sells for as low ,or a bit lower and they usually sell it for that.

thats also ripping people off if you really have the platinum for a decently priced item...

I was trying to buy a mod I needed for my warframe (one of the resist mods, I think).  One guy offered 5p for one and before I agreed, someone else messaged me with a price of 35p.  

I'm reminded of one of Bender's quotes: "Demand suddenly skyrocketed, you all saw it!"

Edited by Aramanth

I wish people would actually trade rare mods for rare mods. I've been looking for a Crimson Dervish. And I've trying to trade a tranquil cleave or malicious raptor. Or even those hard to get Prime Parts and BPs. But people are too greedy and want plat only.

Yea, people tend ot want Platinum mostly but you can always find some guys willing to trade items for items. Just dont expect people to trade Bo Prime Handle for Latron Prime BP.

I wish people would actually trade rare mods for rare mods. I've been looking for a Crimson Dervish. And I've trying to trade a tranquil cleave or malicious raptor. Or even those hard to get Prime Parts and BPs. But people are too greedy and want plat only.

how is wanting plat greedy? maybe they already have the mod you want to trade