Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Always Funny With Trading.

Mkilbride

I came across someone who wanted to trade his Burston prime barrel for my Brutal tide, I asked him if he had *enter prime parts I need here* as I already had such part. He ignored my question and went on to say "3:1 prime parts deal?". I knew these three prime parts were likely going to consist of a burston prime barrel, latron prime reciever and boar prime BP. I talked with my clan mates for a while, then he said "let me guess, no thanks?". I confirmed what he said by saying no thanks. He then replies with cursing, calling me a bad person. I ask him why I'm a bad person for refusing a trade where I give him what he wants but he gives nothing of value to me in return? Surprise surprise, I'm ignored.

I hate some of the people in warframe trading...

I wish people would actually trade rare mods for rare mods. I've been looking for a Crimson Dervish. And I've trying to trade a tranquil cleave or malicious raptor. Or even those hard to get Prime Parts and BPs. But people are too greedy and want plat only.

Maybe it's because some of us have all of those mods. And, Crimson Dervish is hard to get, and much higher in demand than the things you're offering.

Right.....now imagine the amount is just 5P against 3P. I'd received hate tell before because of petty amount. I usually tell the buyer I wont bother loading the dojo for a mere 2P. If they manage to find a buyer that save them 3p. Good for them, no need to whisper me.

Most of these buyer simply do not understand the rarity of some item. For instance, they expect all Frost prime part to be at the same price. They usually end up paying more for common parts and curse the seller for the price of a rare part.

My advise to them, pay attention to the trade channel for a few days.

I wish people would actually trade rare mods for rare mods. I've been looking for a Crimson Dervish. And I've trying to trade a tranquil cleave or malicious raptor. Or even those hard to get Prime Parts and BPs. But people are too greedy and want plat only.

I can kinda understand it since pt is a universal currency but it is a bit disappointing that more people don't trade.  I once tried to trade a maxed Redirection for Gleaming Talon and had no takers.  In the end I gave up on looking to trade and bought it for 40pt.  I then sold the maxed Redirection for 50pt.

Arcane helmets are the worst.

Me:  "WTB Arcane Vespa"

Guy1:  "100p"

Me:  "Ahahahahahahah!"

Guy2:  "75p"

Me:  "no"

Guy3:  "How's 50p?"

Me:  "A little too high.  You take 25p?"

Guy3:  "45p is the lowest I'll take.  It goes for 100p."

Me:  "No it doesn't."

Guy3:  "I've never seen it go for less than 75p"

Me:  "Cool story"

Guy4:  "Offer?"

Me:  "20p"

Guy4:  "25p"

Me:  "Okay, you drive a hard bargain, but deal."

I've honestly seen that helm go for 125 plat, and on another occasion 100 plat. I myself am hanging on to my arcanes for a year or two so it becomes a commodity. Also, OP, i've seen tranquil cleave go for 50-75, but I agree it's overpriced.

I remember when Malicious Raptor first came out, luckily I farmed for it almost within 6hours.  I had an extra and decided to see what trade chat was like at that point.  "WTS Malicious Raptor, PM OFFER!"

Boy oh boy, the offers amazed me so much I just sat there and laughed.  Some of the offers were: "5p, final offer", "trade you iron skin maxed and rhino stomp maxed", "10p, 15p if you throw in maxed serration"

I mean come on, it's a new stance and not everyone has found out that the Venka was overhyped for its mediocre stats.  Finally sold it for 25p after a few dozen silly offers, one of them included a as*hole that tried to rip me off, claiming he'll trade a 2 arcane helms but then takes it back and tries to get them for cheap mods and 1p.

=.=;

Trade Chat, you entertain me too much in the worst possible way.

The beauty of trading is that some people value their plat and some people just got 75% off or Prime Access and just burn through it to save time. Charge whatever you want. There is always a buyer out there.

Just get ready to get undercut by some twelvie that doesn't know what he has.

Like that kid I bought Bite from for 50p and he thought he'd won the lottery.

The beauty of trading is that some people value their plat and some people just got 75% off or Prime Access and just burn through it to save time. Charge whatever you want. There is always a buyer out there.

Just get ready to get undercut by some twelvie that doesn't know what he has.

Like that kid I bought Bite from for 50p and he thought he'd won the lottery.

I brought BITE from another kid and it was 6/10.... I was laughing, while the kid thought he got a good deal. XD (i also threw in a BG mod and 7/10 hornet strike to make the offer sound better then it was)

A newbie wanted to buy my Rejuvenation. He was bragging about how he had all this platinum so I kinda wanted some of his goodies. I kinda made my max Rejuvenation sound super rare and so good. He offered 30p...I was like $_$. Then I was like, "But it's so rare and it's maxed for you". So he said 45p and it was a done deal.

Oh ya... Best is when somebody is lookin for something.

"Looking for [item]"

"I've got an extra, how much are you offering?"

"How low will you go?"

I tend to ignore them after that. If somebody asks your price, answer. This goes for buyers & sellers.

I was picking up Rhino prime Chassis/system. (Had helm/BP). I knew they often went for 5 & 10. Tho sometimes still as much as 20p. I asked one dude price on a BP. He says "make an offer". So after a couple minutes "ok, 3 plat" he lolls @ me then said something about it going for waaaay more than that. I told him "Sure, but you told me to offer when I asked your price". I ended up getting them @ 3p/ea after all. :)

Problem is people are just trying to get as much as they can out of you. God forbid they sell something at anything less than max value... We could do so well with an auction house. Simply price your items & leave em.

I brought BITE from another kid and it was 6/10.... I was laughing, while the kid thought he got a good deal. XD (i also threw in a BG mod and 7/10 hornet strike to make the offer sound better then it was)

Your conscience kicked in. Rookie mistake XD

In all honesty I give as good as I get. If I see something like "WTB: A mod that is common as all hell" I'll pounce to make sure they get it off me for free.

I have given away so many prime pieces and sets just cos i'm bored. Usually on a Monday.

Your conscience kicked in. Rookie mistake XD

In all honesty I give as good as I get. If I see something like "WTB: A mod that is common as all hell" I'll pounce to make sure they get it off me for free.

I have given away so many prime pieces and sets just cos i'm bored. Usually on a Monday.

No i offered them out first, since i had spent 2 hours on trade waiting for a good offer that wasn't @(*()$ 150p. T.T I started my offer, with Hornet strike almost maxed, a BG mod, and 50p

He said ok

I leaped with joy

Traded.

Now i have the BITE mod.

Edited by Feallike

Now i have BITE.

No offence (and not to be a nit-pick), but every time I see someone typing out the name of the mod without also typing the word 'mod' behind it, I get a bit infuriated (and the fact that it can be misinterpreted, so there is that as well). 

No offence (and not to be a nit-pick), but every time I see someone typing out the name of the mod without also typing the word 'mod' behind it, I get a bit infuriated (and the fact that it can be misinterpreted, so there is that as well). 

fixed, sorry. ;-; Didn't mean to infuriate you.

Oh ya... Best is when somebody is lookin for something.

"Looking for [item]"

"I've got an extra, how much are you offering?"

"How low will you go?"

I tend to ignore them after that. If somebody asks your price, answer. This goes for buyers & sellers.

I was picking up Rhino prime Chassis/system. (Had helm/BP). I knew they often went for 5 & 10. Tho sometimes still as much as 20p. I asked one dude price on a BP. He says "make an offer". So after a couple minutes "ok, 3 plat" he lolls @ me then said something about it going for waaaay more than that. I told him "Sure, but you told me to offer when I asked your price". I ended up getting them @ 3p/ea after all. :)

Problem is people are just trying to get as much as they can out of you. God forbid they sell something at anything less than max value... We could do so well with an auction house. Simply price your items & leave em.

You are at fault here. If someone is looking to buy, you dont ask them too offer. You say your price and if he wants to pay, its fine. If he doesnt want to pay, you can barter.

Nobody wants to say their prices, because everyone wants to make other party lose. There is no point in that because if you are selling something you know what price you want to get and nobody forces you to lower it.

I always say my price and dont barter. If you dont like the price, good luck in trying to find someone with prices that you are willing to pay.

Edited by RoboDoge

I bought a Tethra Doom Set for 150p once. The last words the dude left were "good luck". 

I resold the set for 275p 10 min after. Wonder if his blessings actually helped.

Edited by Yazeth