Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Always Funny With Trading.

Mkilbride

I just find it funny that in an open market people use the word scam. There's literally a 2 step process in trading. In no way you're getting scammed. Ripped off? That's subjective. I charge a premium for new stances and primes..mainly because if you're buying something brand new it means you're not willing to earn it..so you're at my mercy. But anything else..hell, 3-20p at the most.

And to make the market a better place, I'm starting a clan..I prefer to call it a guild..of traders, to educate and make them into respectful people to deal with. Doesn't mean they're not gonna flip things, or charge premiums for new or in demand items..but it will mean you'll get a square deal from my people.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Oh ya... Best is when somebody is lookin for something."Looking for [item]""I've got an extra, how much are you offering?" "How low will you go?"I tend to ignore them after that. If somebody asks your price, answer. This goes for buyers & sellers. I was picking up Rhino prime Chassis/system. (Had helm/BP). I knew they often went for 5 & 10. Tho sometimes still as much as 20p. I asked one dude price on a BP. He says "make an offer". So after a couple minutes "ok, 3 plat" he lolls @ me then said something about it going for waaaay more than that. I told him "Sure, but you told me to offer when I asked your price". I ended up getting them @ 3p/ea after all. :)Problem is people are just trying to get as much as they can out of you. God forbid they sell something at anything less than max value... We could do so well with an auction house. Simply price your items & leave em.

Agree. I hate people that ask for offer. Most likely I ended up going through lots of hassle and bargain just get the right price the other person considered fair.

It usually goes like this...

Me: How much is xxx?

Seller: offer

Me: 50p

Seller: nope

Me: 60P

Seller: nty

Me: how much do you want?

Seller: it usually goes by 〈insert insane number of plats here〉

Me: LOL. You could have save both of us the problem by stating your price in the first reply

I got it for 5p, after some friendly banter before finally trading. You need to understand the people that sell items and determine prices are not the people who actually buy plat. Quite a number of them actually just F2p and will not shy from taking advantage of you and your plat. It doesn't really matter though, this is after all, just a game.

Agree. I hate people that ask for offer. Most likely I ended up going through lots of hassle and bargain just get the right price the other person considered fair.

Me: LOL. You could have save both of us the problem by stating your price in the first reply

WTS All Kubrow mods except Bite.

Buyer: So do you have bite mod?

Me: No, I said "except Bite" (=,..,=)

Buyer: User is ignoring you:

WTS All Kubrow mods except Bite.

Buyer: So do you have bite mod?

Me: No, I said "except Bite" (=,..,=)

Buyer: User is ignoring you:

I got my bite mod on the third run so nty! Edited by Neogeo

Lol exactly. Even more, if a seller is expecting 30 plat for something cause they think it's worth that much, I'm not gonna insult them with a 5 plat offer, whereas I know it goes for 10 all day and 5 is still within reason.

If someone tries to rip me off, i usually keep there tab open, so when i get the price i want i PM them just to rub there nose in it.

They usually say F*** YOU.

Those are mostly immature kids who think they can solve anything with F*** YOU.

Those are mostly immature kids who think they can solve anything with F*** YOU.

Well, there exists a large percentage of kids playing his game whose mommies won't let them use her credit card. Scamming is how they live.

They also tend to mention things like "lol, I got 4000 platinum just from trading" extremely often, sometimes twice in a sentence.This is why I only trade with clannies.

Not to say, that all traders are like this, there are also a bunch of decent traders that have earnt my and other peoples' respect, to those guys, I tip my hat

Yeah, I don't play games. You can either buy it at the price I offer, haggle a little or insult me and see if that makes me want to trade with you.. which a lot of people do.

I can kinda understand it since pt is a universal currency but it is a bit disappointing that more people don't trade.  I once tried to trade a maxed Redirection for Gleaming Talon and had no takers.  In the end I gave up on looking to trade and bought it for 40pt.  I then sold the maxed Redirection for 50pt.

Bub...... Maxed Redirection is worth 150p......

It's not fun when people beat around the bush without stating their price. It does feel like they're window shopping with that "offer" response. A clear sign of a fool.

That being said, I don't get the hate on people asking for a higher price that they're willing to pay.

A) you can barter, and bartering is a good experience if both players know how it's done (alas, warframe traders are nothing comparable to merchants I experienced in Turkey... ^^)

B) You can buy or sell somewhere else. No one is forcing you to deal with that person.

No reason to get bitter.

I wish people would actually trade rare mods for rare mods. I've been looking for a Crimson Dervish. And I've trying to trade a tranquil cleave or malicious raptor. Or even those hard to get Prime Parts and BPs. But people are too greedy and want plat only.

To which I reply,

I am perfectly willing to trade items for items, but there's problems.

1.) Finding people for compatible trades is difficult/impossible.  It has to be somebody that has something you want, and wants something you have, and both want to trade, AND both agree that the items are of similar value...

2.) I play a lot, so the things I want tend to be really rare and really new.  The only people who invest the time needed to grind these items up are probably in the same boat, i.e. hardcore grinders already have everything I could offer them.  For somebody with a Bo Prime Handle to trade, there's less than a dozen things in the game that are of equivalent scarcity.

3.) Rare items are rare. Basically, the things that would be equivalent in value to a new and rare drop are...other new and rare drops. But the chance of getting something hyper-valuable without specifically grinding for it are pathetic.And when I have time to burn on grinding for items, I am going to grind for items that I need, not items that I might be able to trade later.

So yeah. I have lots of mid-level stuff I don't need and that somebody out there would probably like.  But reality is that you don't have anything I need in turn.  I live in farming-for-latest-primes land, and it's so hard to get items here that I am going to spend time on getting what I need not what other people need. There is almost no chance at all of "accidentally" getting something worth trading to other inhabitants of farming-for-latest-primes land.

So I was looking for this Stance, Tranquil Cleave. I looked at some peoples topics on here, on another website that had the average sale prices for it. I knew it was 20-30p. I wanted to get it for 20P.

So I went into trade. First offer "50p!" ,next guy "35P, max ranked!", then the last guy "60p", when I go "60? That's abit high you know'

he goes "This mod is really popular right now and regularly goes for 70/90p (Big difference there lol, 30p). I tell him there is a site to check price history and it doesn't go for more than 20-30P. He then lowers it to 45. I go "Wow, half off, you must be a super generous guy to give it to me for 45p less than you say it's worth"

He goes "Yes, I am."

Then he lowers it to 40P. Then some other guy whispers me and is like "20P", and I'm just like "Done"

Bartering is always funny to watch people try to charge to much for something, and just tossing the price down at the first sign the person won't buy.

I sold mine at 5p to another guy because i couldn't be bothered.

So I was looking for this Stance, Tranquil Cleave. I looked at some peoples topics on here, on another website that had the average sale prices for it. I knew it was 20-30p. I wanted to get it for 20P.

So I went into trade. First offer "50p!" ,next guy "35P, max ranked!", then the last guy "60p", when I go "60? That's abit high you know'

he goes "This mod is really popular right now and regularly goes for 70/90p (Big difference there lol, 30p). I tell him there is a site to check price history and it doesn't go for more than 20-30P. He then lowers it to 45. I go "Wow, half off, you must be a super generous guy to give it to me for 45p less than you say it's worth"

He goes "Yes, I am."

Then he lowers it to 40P. Then some other guy whispers me and is like "20P", and I'm just like "Done"

Bartering is always funny to watch people try to charge to much for something, and just tossing the price down at the first sign the person won't buy.

Yes it is always funny and can be annoying at the same time.

Back then, I bought my Tranquil Cleave for 15p from someone farming it in a co-op party with me. He couldn't understand English well and his game is in Foreign language?.. I think. It was still a fair deal I guess. Because people in the trade channel were selling Tranquil Cleave ranging from 20p -> 300p. Needless to say, conversations I had trying to find one around the 20p range were hilariously trollish.

Some of these people play Warframe like a trading game. Sitting in trade channels switching regions trying to rip someone off with their Decisive Judgement, Tranquil Cleave or whatever the FOTM stance is.

I can't be bothered trying to sell anything for plat anymore. Even if I do, I'll probably do a bargain sale below the average price to keep it simple and not waste my time bartering with those plat hungry low ballers.

Edited by Ronteque

This is one of the reasons why i posted my idea for trade system 2.0(fan concept) to prevent people from overcharging prices for equipment. When i trade i try to keep the price down for whats necessary for slots  

Edited by warpath514

I've found that Europeans are the worst offenders at doing this