Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Always Funny With Trading.

Mkilbride

Yeah theres a huge scammer problem in Warframe if you're trading for the first time or dont know the prices you can easily get cought with one of those "Well I got another offer that has a higher price, will u sell for more?"

There's no scam if both parties agreed to conduct the trading. Just making it clear. 

Either you check the prices before you buy, or you get ripped-off. Simple rules of life.

i actually do this too. someone ups the price past medium of what it usually sells for and i tell them i only have what it sells for as low ,or a bit lower and they usually sell it for that.

And I've had people try to lowball the crap out of me with this technique. I fell for it once, ONCE. And then I saw the guy in the trade chat wanting to buy something with the plat he supposedly "didn't have". No more bleeding heart. I already try to undercut so I can attract flippers (I usually don't sell unless i want something now) but even that's not enough for this community sometimes, players can be absolutely shameless.

Edited by brasteir

Well... I just got 3p for something that, I personally, found to be pretty worthless. I'd like to think it was my creative writing, but I'm sure the buyer just wanted a Huras imprint for his Pokebrow collection. My sale's pitch was as follows:

"SALE! Is your favorite colour fecal-matter brown? Do you rub S#&$ all over walls just to bring out such a subtle, but inspired colour? Well, I can't help you S#&$ all over your house, but I can help you get your very own "S#&$-stained Huras" kubrow. It's a male. Imprint is 3p."

Sold after around 4 minutes. 

.. and yes, the kubrow really is that bad. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=293030669

Well... I just got 3p for something that, I personally, found to be pretty worthless. I'd like to think it was my creative writing, but I'm sure the buyer just wanted a Huras imprint for his Pokebrow collection. My sale's pitch was as follows:

"SALE! Is your favorite colour fecal-matter brown? Do you rub S#&$ all over walls just to bring out such a subtle, but inspired colour? Well, I can't help you S#&$ all over your house, but I can help you get your very own "S#&$-stained Huras" kubrow. It's a male. Imprint is 3p."

You would make quite a good salesman in the future if you continue to hone your skills. 

I just do a sort of auction house thing, trying to weed out the highest price (if I am selling) or lowest price (if I am buying). It introduces a very interesting dynamic once you start putting pressure on them. Once I said I wanted to buy Bleeding Willow, and my first offer came as 15, then I got a 10, and eventually I pressured a guy to lower to 7, then 5, then 3.

So I was looking for this Stance, Tranquil Cleave. I looked at some peoples topics on here, on another website that had the average sale prices for it. I knew it was 20-30p. I wanted to get it for 20P.

So I went into trade. First offer "50p!" ,next guy "35P, max ranked!", then the last guy "60p", when I go "60? That's abit high you know'

he goes "This mod is really popular right now and regularly goes for 70/90p (Big difference there lol, 30p). I tell him there is a site to check price history and it doesn't go for more than 20-30P. He then lowers it to 45. I go "Wow, half off, you must be a super generous guy to give it to me for 45p less than you say it's worth"

He goes "Yes, I am."

Then he lowers it to 40P. Then some other guy whispers me and is like "20P", and I'm just like "Done"

Bartering is always funny to watch people try to charge to much for something, and just tossing the price down at the first sign the person won't buy.

And the funny part is, that if you are in a proper alliance, they will provide you with any mod you need, free of charge, cause you know - lots of good people in a proper alliance.

how about this guy

i still remember some guy name when am looking for max heavy caliber 

he offer me 1750p i ask him it that a joke? he said no and explain to me it a rare mod and really hard to maxed them

so i just tell him if i just farm for 1million credit and get legendary core to max them instead? 

and he just gone.... also rank 16 mastery i remember his name exactly 

how about this guy

i still remember some guy name when am looking for max heavy caliber 

he offer me 1750p i ask him it that a joke? he said no and explain to me it a rare mod and really hard to maxed them

so i just tell him if i just farm for 1million credit and get legendary core to max them instead? 

and he just gone.... also rank 16 mastery i remember his name exactly 

1750p? Ask him to F*** himself.

It is so obvious he is trying to rip you off it isn't even funny. What the F*** is wrong with these people and their desperation for plat?!

There should be some way to report these nasty people who goes around trying to rip people off.

Edited by Ronteque

lol ur just a butthurt noob

Shame on u!

What is the purpose of the OP? Does it really leave an impression on you to see people try to profit off of their wares?

Trying to profit off their wares by charging 1000% above the average price? Make sense. Profit indeed. You must be one of those... people.

Ok i have to admit, this is one of the most entertaining threads i have seen in a lonnnngggg time. :) I hope it stays alive.

My best trade, i was trading for Hornet strike Maxed (i sold mine for 300p before) and i found someone willing to trade it for 120p. He found out he only had it 9/10 and cut his price to 90p 

Ofcourse i took it. :P (even though it takes allot to max it from  9/10) but the fact that i got a almost maxed hornet strike for 1/3 of its usual price was so absurd. :P

I had a guy once who offered a maxed Narrow Minded for my maxed Steel Fiber. Needless to say I accepted the offer, sold the the Narrow Minded for 200 (as I already had one) then bought another maxed Steel Fiber for 70. Profit. It was so surreal.

Heres my story, there was me and this guy selling the bite mod.

He was selling it for 180p and i was selling it for 120p both were unranked

Obviously, he was competitive since he saw me as a threat and he sent me a message and told me "thats too low, you'll get a better profit if you sell it for a higher price"

Funny, i sold mine for 100p and i saw him selling it for 160p after.

I'm just happy there aren't a lot of beggars in Warframe.  The folks I'd like voted off of the island are the ones that WTB or WTT for something, and then say what they want to spend, but it's *ridiculously* lower than what the item usually goes for.  OTOH, at least they're up front with it rather than waiting 'til you're at the trade terminal in your dojo and say, "i oly haz 2p and an amo mod cn i stl haz?"

I can kinda understand it since pt is a universal currency but it is a bit disappointing that more people don't trade.  I once tried to trade a maxed Redirection for Gleaming Talon and had no takers.  In the end I gave up on looking to trade and bought it for 40pt.  I then sold the maxed Redirection for 50pt.

you got ripped off a max redirection sells for like 100p-200p