Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Show The Breed Of The Kubrow Before Forced Naming

Troll_Logic

I have no idea why DE makes you name the Kubrow before you actually know the breed, but please change this.  The breeds are so different that it makes sense that players would want different names for different breeds.

This whole breeding Kubrows thing is such a pig in a poke situation.

Step 1: Check what mods you just got after incubation.

Step 2: There is no step 2.

I think my Sahasa only got the mods after I named her.

Otherwise...

Sunika-CatchThatGuyI'mSlow

Raska-RadialDisarmHowlPet

Huras-OhS#&$that'salotofinfested

Sahasa-FindaRareModDamnit

I think my Sahasa only got the mods after I named her.

Otherwise...

Sunika-CatchThatGuyI'mSlow

Raska-RadialDisarmHowlPet

Huras-OhS#&$that'salotofinfested

Sahasa-FindaRareModDamnit

I got my mods sometime after I hit the incubate button. :P I don't know precisely when, but it was before it hatched.

Step 1: Check what mods you just got after incubation.

Step 2: There is no step 2.

Doesn't always work.  Unless there is some significant time delay.  I just got a sunika and it was at least a 15 minute delay after I rushed the incubation before I saw the sunika mods.

Still, any procedure that starts with "Scroll through your mods to see which mods you don't recognize  Then look them up to see the breed.  Then expect all players to automatically know that." and players somehow think that is better than the infinitely simpler and better "Please name your <insert Kubrow breed name here>" is being ridiculous.

Edited by DVIKVM

Are you going to name your Sahasa 'Loot Sniffer' or something? Or are you planning on naming them according to their breed?

Maybe not that name :), but sure.  The breeds are different.  Why wouldn't many people want to pick the name for the breed?  Maybe some wouldn't.  But I think hiding the breed before naming is short-sighted.

Maybe not that name :), but sure.  The breeds are different.  Why wouldn't many people want to pick the name for the breed?  Maybe some wouldn't.  But I think hiding the breed before naming is short-sighted.

Oh, I agree with you, I also think all of its info should be put on the imprints. I was just confused as to why the breed would factor into the name beyond joke names.