Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Anyone Explain This Lag? *video Recorded*

KevGuy378

Question

So I was streaming and this happened, good thing everything got recorded during this stream session. I'm not here to publicize myself on this forum, this was the only way to extract the video instead of uploading to Youtube which would have taken a long time.

Everything was fine before starting the survival and then hacking the terminal I think. Then I realized the enemies were lagging around everywhere and then my allies right afterwards. I was still able to kill them where they stood or moved to and even use my abilities like chaos and mind control which would affect them.

Is it server side? It couldn't be the host because everyone else didn't have the problem. It can't be me because there was no lag when web surfing and I was in Mumble which there were no disconnects with anyone's or my voice to them. So has this happened to anyone before? Thank you for helping me.

http://www.twitch.tv/kevguy378/c/4771549

*Edit* I exited the game right afterwards and haven't tested it out in a solo game yet, am doing it now.
*Edit* Just tested it out in a solo game and the lag wasn't ocurring. I also forgot to mention I got all the rewards from the survival run*

Edited by KevGuy378

6 answers to this question

So I was streaming and this happened, good thing everything got recorded during this stream session. I'm not here to publicize myself on this forum, this was the only way to extract the video instead of uploading to Youtube which would have taken a long time.

Everything was fine before starting the survival and then hacking the terminal I think. Then I realized the enemies were lagging around everywhere and then my allies right afterwards. I was still able to kill them where they stood or moved to and even use my abilities like chaos and mind control which would affect them.

Is it server side? It couldn't be the host because everyone else didn't have the problem. It can't be me because there was no lag when web surfing and I was in Mumble which there were no disconnects with anyone's or my voice to them. So has this happened to anyone before? Thank you for helping me.

http://www.twitch.tv/kevguy378/c/4771549

*Edit* I exited the game right afterwards and haven't tested it out in a solo game yet, am doing it now.

It was the host. People have different ranges of connection to a host. You got a bad one, the other guys had a good one.

If you know where the other people in your group live, it's pretty easy to pinpoint the cause.

It could simply be a case of the other 3 people living in America and you in Asia, leading to other people having less lag and you getting more lag.

So nothing major, just a bad connection with the host. :)

Yup that's you being connected to a bad host.  Most likely someone who's PC or connection isn't good enough to host a full 4 man team.   I usually get host migration when that starts happening and the host is usually the one kicked from the team while the other 2 guys end up migrating with me.

At least that's what happens now that I have SSD drive + 75 up/50 down fios connection.   When I played with HDD + a poor ISP, I got very bad connections half the time and lagged so bad that I often had to quit the team.

Edited by Krymanol