Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Came First

Doomauculas

Ancients used to be just larger Corpus crewmen. Same model and all, just bigger with different abilities. I can't remember which update changed them to what they are now though.

it was changed in u9

U9 is when they got a model change

Thank you, now I don't have to go search for it. I remember when I first saw the new model in the void without any fore warning. It freaked me out so much.

But back on topic, I suppose they could be pure form infested, as Sixty5 suggested. There was a fan thread a while ago that also suggested the Ancients might also be infested Sentients. I won't make any assumptions yet myself. I'm of the opinion that DE still doesn't quite know where they want the lore to go yet, so much could still change with it.

I believe Ancients are pure infested.

No

Ancients used to be just larger Corpus crewmen. Same model and all, just bigger with different abilities. I can't remember which update changed them to what they are now though.

yee

Infested_Toxic_Ancient_zps13e91978.jpg

just another Infested Corpus Tech or crewman

Edited by White-Miphf

There aren't any pure infested. All infested were corpus or grineer. Infested is like a epidemic or a biological attack.

or sentient or orokin or something else.

the infested are around since the old war. they can originate from anything that existed since then.

the J3-Golem seems to have been a corpus ship core.

b9IgZmP.jpg

to be specific, the infestation is a virus, the Technocyte Virus.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Infested

Edited by -ExT-Schalimah

There aren't any pure infested. All infested were corpus or grineer. Infested is like a epidemic or a biological attack.

Just because they infest doesn't mean they have to infest only corpus or grineer. They're ancients after all, they've had time to take their pick of species

Ancients are, well, ancients.
I'm inclined to believe they are the original form of bio-weapon that is Technocyte, the first lifeforms to be infected with it by the Orokin. 
That or it's just what every Infested is eventually transformed into over decades, centuries or whatever long period of mutation.

just another corpus Tech or crewmen

Are you familiar with the term "placeholder"?