Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector & Warframe Both Have A 66 Meta-Critic Score.

Mkilbride

I think the last time I read a game review seriously was about 10 years ago. Just try it out, I played vindictus which got decent reviews but tbh is a p2w pile of S#&$. I sunk 500+ hrs into it, I think I'm informed enough to tell you the only thing in that game is 1/2 naked women.

I think the last time I read a game review seriously was about 10 years ago. Just try it out, I played vindictus which got decent reviews but tbh is a p2w pile of S#&$. I sunk 500+ hrs into it, I think I'm informed enough to tell you the only thing in that game is 1/2 naked women.

I sunk 3 years in that game, and let me tell you the problem is not the naked women. It is a couple of things.

-Grindy

-MUCH MORE RNG BASED than WF 

That's basically the two glaring flaws into an otherwise fun hack n slash. I played as long as I have due to the community, but the game wasn't really meant for people NOT wanting to grind. It certainly has more merits that Scarlet Blade when it comes to the fanservice. There's an actual game at the core that's not essentially a bunch of hotkeys, and a dam good one at that.

The problem with IGN has to do more with giving games lower scores than they should based on short term commitments.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

I sunk 3 years in that game, and let me tell you the problem is not the naked women. It is a couple of things.

-Grindy

-MUCH MORE RNG BASED than WF

That's basically the two glaring flaws into an otherwise fun hack n slash. I played as long as I have due to the community, but the game wasn't really meant for people NOT wanting to grind. It certainly has more merits that Scarlet Blade when it comes to the fanservice. There's an actual game at the core that's not essentially a bunch of hotkeys, and a dam good one at that.

The problem with IGN has to do more with giving games lower scores than they should based on short term commitments.

The idea is sound, but it's made by nexon so there is no reward for playing as they prefer to punish their players. Never said the 1/2 naked women was a bad thing lol (really nice models tbh) or that the core of the game was either.

It's a game where it took me 2 years to get a pair of glas pants to drop. You shouldn't be able to raid every day for 2 years and not get anything. If another company with a better rep had it it would probably be a far better game. When the crowd in a game with the good gear is mostly made up of gold buyers you got a problem. Gold buying in vindictus is almost considered essential by everyone I know still playing.

Edited by Echoa

Most reviews were made when this game had like 25% of todays content and 10% of todays' variety.

Back then it was somewhat justified albeit somewhat low.

IGN also trashed this game and called it P2W...shows again how little of a clue they have.

I don't understand how you can call the game P2W if there's no winning lol.

Theres  no winning in any game, unless its PVP and theres prizes.

Aside from that, I can see how people would call Warframe P2W in some regards...

Limited to four deaths.  If youre a competitive squad of four, and you only have four deaths per frame, you best not run out.  Or else spend money.  If your team is trying to crack the top spot of some leaderboard for a survival, you might need to purchase more lives...hence a possible pay to win argument?

Thats just one of them.

I dont think the game is pay to win.  But it almost teeters on that fine line.

Well IGN reviewer called it P2W lol (Warframe PS4 review)

Titanfall, Forza, Battlefield reviews and most in general these past 3 years seem to hold a bunch of bias. After all playing any demo or beta you should have a clear understanding what game you like. Im sure most sites will re-review it like Wow, Minecraft and Final Fantasy 14. Back on topic Blacklight Retribution is P2W(Purchase virtual currency and it DOES give you an advantage) where Waframe is PFC(Pay for Convenience to save time) in my opinion.

Titanfall, Forza, Battlefield reviews and most in general these past 3 years seem to hold a bunch of bias. After all playing any demo or beta you should have a clear understanding what game you like. Im sure most sites will re-review it like Wow, Minecraft and Final Fantasy 14. Back on topic Blacklight Retribution is P2W(Purchase virtual currency and it DOES give you an advantage) where Waframe is PFC(Pay for Convenience to save time) in my opinion.

You shouldv'e seen the review IGN gave Destiny BEFORE THEY EVEN PLAYED THE GAME. XD So much bias, so much payed reviews.

Let's be fair, buying currency here does give you a substancial advantage, not unlike Prime Access, which is like bypassing level lock in Blacklight. Just saying.

Let's be fair, buying currency here does give you a substancial advantage, not unlike Prime Access, which is like bypassing level lock in Blacklight. Just saying.

Buying currency gives you no advantage. Every player can eventually get up to the same point. Slots are a weird exception, but most people don't use much more than their favorite three frames, and 2-3 primaries.

Buying currency gives you no advantage. Every player can eventually get up to the same point. Slots are a weird exception, but most people don't use much more than their favorite three frames, and 2-3 primaries.

The same thing can be said of Blacklight. You're essentially getting a time advantage in both, sans some items like heroes.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

I find the score to be rather fitting. Even if I got 800 hours in the game. Mainly because I like ranking up stuff and killing stuff.

But the rest of the game honestly isn't all that impressive. DE also makes new things take longer and longer to get. You need to do more ridiculous grinding on a rare enemy that show up once in a while and you need to farm this enemy hundreds of times. Also this enemy is immune to all elements except one. Just in case it wasn't annoying enough.

They still haven't made Void hosting public because it makes no difference going through recruit channel than public hosting. The Derelict also have the same problem. They remove hud element that are important. They still haven't added Auras that are being used on the hud. They removed infested from the normal planets with the exception of some missions. Now we generally only got Survival and Defense for them.

Kubrow mods only drop from Kubrow which makes it rather annoying to farm them. The cost upkeep to keep them alive is just something I won't bother with when my pet has gotten to 30 where I will just ignore and go back to sweeper.

Several Warframes that focus on damage enemies quickly lose their effect as enemies get too powerful.

Cash shop prices for Warframes are just too pricey for what they are worth. Some stuff are just overpriced. Which is why I only buy Catalyst, reactors and slots.

Too much random nature when buying Void keys with Platinum. 

I could go on and on about things that could be improved. DE though shows no sign of wanting to do it. I hear them say they don't want grind but then add something that is totally grindy. They nerf EXP on a new enemy with more than 50%.

There is so much potential in this game but nothing is happening.

This.

The same thing can be said of Blacklight. You're essentially getting a time advantage in both, sans some items like heroes.

Which is "paying to rush" rather than "paying to win". Purchasing convenience and/or instant gratification basically. Also legit for people with no shortage of disposable income but limited amounts of free time, ofc.