Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Everyone Wants This Game To Be Harder!

inappropriatename5818

the only difficulty in this game comes from scaling enemies in def and survival missions,and at the start of the game were you don't have your essential mods/lvls.

in both cases are just difficult because of the lack of damage or not enough shields/health compared too incoming damage.

in my opinion the game needs not only tougher enemies,but more enemy mechanics.

higher(fair) difficulty and mechanics can only help the game,can't tell you how many missions i have auto piloted or planet missions i have left because i'm bored of the mechanics.

too be honest i'm probably only still playing this game because i love the developers and believe they will not only add too the game but make it deeper andbetter,that and lvling different gear,and i really like playing vauban.

Edited by LostCody

I have been asking for a difficulty setting for a while now because the easy people mostly get their say and any sort of challenge gets ripped away the second it appears.

BTW, i have forma my frame no more than once... i think, two at most. And i dont Rhino everything.

I dont know why the difficulty slider is taking so long. I guess they are worried about splitting the audience?

No one really does Nightmare missions and that's probably where they got the data from but Nightmare missions were turned into No-shield zone and the game plays extremely different with no shields. That's not hard that's just a different kind of playstyle.

I have been asking for a difficulty setting for a while now because the easy people mostly get their say and any sort of challenge gets ripped away the second it appears.

BTW, i have forma my frame no more than once... i think, two at most. And i dont Rhino everything.

I dont know why the difficulty slider is taking so long. I guess they are worried about splitting the audience?

Because we have scaling so a difficulty slider would be pointless, and almost nobody is asking for one.

Because we have scaling so a difficulty slider would be pointless, and almost nobody is asking for one.

My idea for the slider is to introduce extra game mechanics into the game rather than just being more health and more dmg.

If it's just that it's dumb because, like you say, we already have that.

My idea for the slider is to introduce extra game mechanics into the game rather than just being more health and more dmg.

If it's just that it's dumb because, like you say, we already have that.

That's probably already going to happen without a slider. Enemies 2.0 is going to happen eventually. A slider wouldn't make sense in a game like this.

The issue I have is when they make something harder but the rewards not lucrative. You made Infested multitudes harder but I get nothing out of it. No special stance mods that drop from infested, no bonus EXP (in fact the EXP got worse), so why would I have any incentive for Infested? Either make difficulty sliders or something so that the harder ones give more stuff or make it all harder but give more stuff. I want more stuff for having to deal with more BS.

The issue I have is when they make something harder but the rewards not lucrative. You made Infested multitudes harder but I get nothing out of it. No special stance mods that drop from infested, no bonus EXP (in fact the EXP got worse), so why would I have any incentive for Infested? Either make difficulty sliders or something so that the harder ones give more stuff or make it all harder but give more stuff. I want more stuff for having to deal with more BS.

They just changed the infested to no longer be brain-dead, easy-win, bags-of-exp. No extra incentive was needed.

I'm failing to see where he's asking for a difficulty reduction on the starter planets for new/casual players?

All I read was:

-He couldn't kill Stalker solo, on a Corpus Interception(no mention of what wave), while using a lvl 25 sidearm. #DeadHorseIsDead

-Infested changes are making him rethink his tactics around, which means the direction of Warframe is now 'bad'. #InstitutionalizedGameplay

I run the same mission as the OP, in Public mode and I'm always grouped with lower mastery level(which honestly doesn't mean squat) players who have average gear and Frames. And they do just fine and have on more than one occasion, revived me.

Or is this really about an easier ROI? That would make more sense, as everyone wants all the cool shiney things that come from higher challenge but without the effort. I even have a few friends with that particular mentality and the F2P label usually enables/caters to it.

Games with a honest learning curve are evil now it seems(someone may want to email Funcom and The Secret World).

Paraphrased, "a decent event weapon that was forma'd couldn't dent Stalker so how will newbies with starting gear stand a chance." And doesn't stalker only show before the objective is complete? So that makes it wave 1.

I'm bad with acronyms, so rate of ...? I do agree that everything should be avalible, if the right hoops are jumped through.

You think Warframe has an honest learning curve? The new prolog helps a lot but it's still up there with minecraft in terms of learning curves

They just changed the infested to no longer be brain-dead, easy-win, bags-of-exp. No extra incentive was needed.

And until a pull ancient comes along there is no difference in regards to high ground. Even after one does, instead of sitting on the lamp post you sit on the pillars. Wooo, so hard. Also they nerfed their xp.

And until a pull ancient comes along there is no difference in regards to high ground. Even after one does, instead of sitting on the lamp post you sit on the pillars. Wooo, so hard. Also they nerfed their xp.

They gave them a pull so people can't booben sleepwalk infested defenses anymore. That's a good thing.

Scaling enemies to become more powerful clones of themselves doesnt change anything

Infinite scaling already does that

New an more challenging or engaging units makes it more interesting and challenging without adding artificial difficulty

I do believe the solar map could use some type of level increase with worthwhile reward so the void isnt the only mission type top define end game but at the same time the copied units really dont make the game any more interesting and dont change difficulty at all

It makes it much harder. Not all tiles have a place high enough, and even up high ospreys can get you sometimes. It's an anti-camping measure.

The only defense map that I am not sure has a high enough camping platform to completely avoid all infested is the grineer galleon and the only reason I am not sure is because I have not tested it yet.

The only defense map that I am not sure has a high enough camping platform to completely avoid all infested is the grineer galleon and the only reason I am not sure is because I have not tested it yet.

Theres a room in corpus missions that you can sneak up in and easily hide from infested in

Let me find it for you...

When the game works for me again ._.

I'm bad with acronyms, so rate of ...? I do agree that everything should be avalible, if the right hoops are jumped through.

You think Warframe has an honest learning curve? The new prolog helps a lot but it's still up there with minecraft in terms of learning curves

Return On Investment. Gamers tend to demand/expect a high ROI.

Yeah I think the learning curve is alright for what mechanics we have right now to be honest -it's not that deep. With the Wiki (yes I know Wikis are 50/50 on reliable information but I help edit ours daily), the Forums here, sites like http://www.warframe-builder.com , mobile apps and just basic gaming experience from playing other games (even Mobile Trading Card Games apply as valid experience as its the same as the Mod system here) a player is not short-handed at all when it comes to asking for/reading advice on how to do things.

The old RTFM(Read The F'ing Manual) acronym still applies with todays games, but gamers have grown too accustomed to "tl;dr" mentalities.

Hey, when a AAA Developer finally admits they 'dumb down' games to make more sales, it's time to rethink things. There has to be a line. Not to mention, easy games die fast (see: Titanfall).

I'm kind of confused...how easier to you want this game to get?  It isn't hard in the slightest...sooo you want it easier in all aspects?

I'm not saying make the game easier, I'm just saying that if they are upping the difficulty they should add it not raise it, I said that a couple times in my OP.  

Difficulty switch would be awesome in this game, because no matter how hard they make it, there will still be people complaining it's too easy. And those people are called vocal minority. Those people are the ones that are bored of the game because it's "too easy", so they have nothing better to do but go on forums and keep complaining the game is too easy.  

I never said it's too hard now, I know very well the game is easy, but I like it that way. If I want a challenge I can go do T4 void with a crappy weapon, but I don't want to have somewhere to go where I can relax and just shoot stuff.   

Early levels and bosses need huge difficulty tone down, Alad V is a nightmare to kill for new players, specially if you don't know how to do it.  

Another complaint I have is how DE makes this game "difficult". Having 5 magnetic leaders spawn in 1 wave of interception on mars is not difficult, it's just extremely annoying. Same with new flying infested, they are not difficult, they are just annoying (they did get toned down though), new infested also, 90% damage reduction is not difficult, it's just annoying to deal with and that translates directly into less fun. I like the other infested changes, they are nice and add some dynamic to the gameplay, but can't say the same for healer changes.  

Another thing I noticed is warframe abilities do significantly less damage, a 20K absorb won't kill a runner and there is a MAJOR problem I see with that. We all know CC frames outclass damage frames by a mile, damage frames need to be reworked, because they all just fall off and become useless really fast and now they made infested take less damage from warframe abilities?  

This renders some frames like Ember for example completely useless. She was only ok at blowing up infested and now she can't even do that.  

Now before you start defending Ember and how "good" she is and can be used in other places, understand that I'm just trying to get a point across. They are nerfing the worst type of warframes even more (damage frames).  

i admit the infest did need a buff, for example the aura seems cool, except for 1 thing, the 90% reduction of damage. no you could say "sure, just switch your weapon" but when your'e vauban trying to fight of dozens of infested from mauling a cryo pod and your penta does crap damage what do you do? ive tried it, but it takes to long to switch weapons and melee is to risky, and an even bigger problem, it's not just one, but dozens of them, and they all provide this aura to everyone. i would feel a healthier change would be to have the aura start out with like 50% damage reduction and it slowly scales up with the mission (survival, defence) and the amount of enemies it affects is limited. the other bonuses of the aura are fine though, makes them more interesting, it's just the massive reduction that seems some fixing.

in other words they needed a buff, everything went right except for the reduction, needs a little more tweaking for better scaling

Since when is Stalker suppose to be a positive experience?

Ostensibly a game is supposed to be, you know, fun and enjoyable - i.e. a positive experience. If part of the game doesn't facilitate that, it doesn't belong (and somebody screwed up).

Same applies to G3/Harvey in my view, they're annoying and unfun to put down for the 10th or 20th time (the latter to a lesser extent) and I've got multiple copies of everything they drop, so the encounter's not even rewarding.

It wasn't always that way either, atleast in Stalker's case. There was a time when that fight was fun back in U7/U8 because you had options other than just "pump damage into him until he dies", which made it one of the most dynamic encounters in the game. You were even able to use the environment as a weapon against him on certain maps, e.g. luring him into a room that can decompress and trapping him inside by sneaking out and blowing out a window, or evading him and completing the mission regardless/lure him into a pack of enemies and making yourself scarce so they'd kill each other...

+1 OP.  Choice and variety, are good qualities in a game, and so is fairness.  T4 is fun for me, but not everybody else.  Some people like easy and some people like hard, whatever that is supposed to mean.  Some people enjoy artificial difficulty and that is a good thing.  It's easy to accommodate all these different tastes.  The solar map is huge.

Ostensibly a game is supposed to be, you know, fun and enjoyable - i.e. a positive experience. If part of the game doesn't facilitate that, it doesn't belong (and somebody screwed up).

Same applies to G3/Harvey in my view, they're annoying and unfun to put down for the 10th or 20th time (the latter to a lesser extent) and I've got multiple copies of everything they drop, so the encounter's not even rewarding.

It wasn't always that way either, atleast in Stalker's case. There was a time when that fight was fun back in U7/U8 because you had options other than just "pump damage into him until he dies", which made it one of the most dynamic encounters in the game. You were even able to use the environment as a weapon against him on certain maps, e.g. luring him into a room that can decompress and trapping him inside by sneaking out and blowing out a window, or evading him and completing the mission regardless/lure him into a pack of enemies and making yourself scarce so they'd kill each other...

Only problem I have with stalker is how he works. I know he's supposed to be this scary guy, but unfair is just unfair. First time encountering a stalker I thought it will be an intense battle of me dodging, kiting parkouring around throwing stuff at him.  

Then he came, teleported his sword into my skull and left...

I am a warframe player. I enjoy playing warframe a lot. Recent changes made me enjoy warframe less, infested changes to be exact.  

Now I won't nitpick what is wrong with changes, but I want this out there. I don't want this game to be harder.  

Add difficulty, don't change it!  

A lot of people complain that this game is too easy and yes, it is not hard with Rhino and 5 forma Boltor Prime, but do those people ever think "hm, maybe not everyone wants this game to be hard and we're ruining the game for people that like the current difficulty?". By the looks of it, no they don't.  

The problem with constant raising of difficulty is less weapons are viable, less startegies, builds are viable. Ramp up the difficulty too high and only 1 weapon and certain frame setup will work.  

I'm sure people that asked for higher difficulty are happy when game gets harder, but a lot of us aren't. I don't want to always use my maxed out loadout for any remotely long mission, just because everything else is trash due to the difficulty.   

Also, you have to think about new players, when spawnrate of leaders went up, sure the people that asked for it were happy, but put yourself into shoes of a new player. You don't know why that guy is glowing, you just know he is in a bubble that you can't seem to kill. Do I dash in and start meleeing or do I try to shoot his bubble out? Oh look, there's more of them.  

Same thing with the stalker. I was farming T4 keys on Augustus - Mars and my lvl 25 2 forma dex furis was no match  for stalker. How is a mastery rank 2 player with a braton supposed to remotely deal with him? Just because he is too easy to kill by 4 rhinos with 5forma Boltor Prime that are farming for him.  

Difficulty should be added not raised, I applaud the T4 void addition, you can go play that for a challenge, but don't have to. With the infested changes for example you have no choice, you just have to accept that your 20K absorb won't kill the lvl 20 runner, because people thought the game was too easy.  

That's my rant about warframe's current direction. Having harder difficulty to test yourself out with is nice, but not when you constantly have to deal with it.

I don't think people would object to it being harder if it was a legitimate difficulty improvement. There's got to be something for the vets, after all.

The problem is: It hasn't been. It's been spiking the power of enemies to ridiculous levels and breaking the infested entirely. When a fricking DS Defense on Saturn - less than halfway through the game mind you - is harder to reach level 15 on with friends then it was for one to Solo Breeding Grounds (which I did) and its Level 60+ Infested there, it's time to stop for a moment, set down your crayons for a moment, and ponder where you might have gone wrong.

My wife Started the game nearly a month ago... She had NEVER palyed any PC or Console games IN HER LIFE. She just finished her rank 6 Test and has no problem with the infested or with bosses. Hell, she is even going to boss missions and helping out new recruits from our clan.

Stalker need an AI Remake to make hime smarter. He is suppose to Try to kill you. Not to play tic-tac-toe.

("lvl 25 2 forma dex furis was no match for stalker" = Hornet Strike/Leathal Torrent/Magnum Force/Barrel Diffusion*/Peircing Hit/etc) With some mobility and some smarts.... You have a great platform to ace the stalker solo.

My wife Started the game nearly a month ago... She had NEVER palyed any PC or Console games IN HER LIFE. She just finished her rank 6 Test and has no problem with the infested or with bosses. Hell, she is even going to boss missions and helping out new recruits from our clan. Stalker need an AI Remake to make hime smarter. He is suppose to Try to kill you. Not to play tic-tac-toe. ("lvl 25 2 forma dex furis was no match for stalker" = Hornet Strike/Leathal Torrent/Magnum Force/Barrel Diffusion*/Peircing Hit/etc) With some mobility and some smarts.... You have a great platform to ace the stalker solo.

Or carry a Boltor Prime.

Seriously, the last time I complained about the Stalker, that was the response I got. Carry a Boltor Prime.

I really have nothing to add to that. It just kind of speaks for itself.