Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Vulcan

Arc_Lightning

"Repeated encounters with the Sentients by the Tenno revealed amusing information. While some have adapted really well to the Excalibur, showing great proficiency with the blade, there were those who struggled. Their performance, though not generally lack-luster... was far from efficient. In battle, they would be more likely seen wielding a gun than a blade, rather than evade they tend to stand ground, and the need to cater to this predilection deemed necessary. They were removed from their steel frames, re-cast into a new one. The second one, Vulcan."

- Orokin 'warframe' archives

Greetings everyone,

I've come to share my idea for a new Warframe. I am unsure whether this has been suggested before or exists already in the form of a frame I have not made/used yet, but please bear with me. Some might say, X sounds like Y and all, but in my opinion nothing is inherently original anymore and some similarities might arise.

From the small lore snippet above, one would have the general idea that "Vulcan" (Named after the Vulcan Gun and not the Roman god of the fire) is a gun-themed Warframe in contrast to Excalibur's sword-theme.

Features

1. Primary and Secondary weapon focused heavy/bulky frame with non-intrusive abilities (abilities that don't hinder your trigger happy shooting with fancy-schmancy casting).

2. Lower than average Health.

3. Extremely low Shields.

4. High Energy.

5. High Armor.

Stats

Health: 75 (225 max)

Shield Capacity: 50 (150 max)

Power: 150 (225 max)

Armor: 300

Stamina: 80

Sprint Speed: 1.0

Polarities: 4x Scratch, 1x Bar, 1x V

Aura Polarity: V

Ability Ideas

1st - Remote Strike (25 energy)

Vulcan detaches the remote firing weapons attached to the frame's binders to seek and attack enemies. 

2nd - Ammo Dispenser (50 energy)

Vulcan deploys an ammo dispenser that replenishes ammunition per second for allies in its area.

3rd - Bunker (25 + 5/sec energy)

Vulcan fortifies at his current location, disabling movement in exchange for increased punch through, minor pushback on targets hit, lower weapon recoil, and negation of damage taken from indirect hits (Explosions - Michael Bay).

4th - Hail of Lead (25 + 10/sec energy)

Greatly empowers the currently held weapon's fire-rate, reload speed, and grants increased multi-shot and status chance.

Possible Alternate Abilities

Alt 2nd - Trick Shots (25 energy)

Allows Vulcan's fired bullets to ricochet from surfaces to perform angled shots from corners or behind cover.

The concept explained

The Orokin gave the Tenno the weapons of the old ways (Gun and Sword), but there is no firearm loving warframe yet. My idea for vulcan is for the frame to be likened to what he would most likely be considered... a "weapons platform".

They are supposed to be those who favored the art of marksmanship (or more dakka), the ones who stay behind to watch their brethren Excalibur's backs by sniping off valuable targets or laying the beatdown with suppression fire/focused fire.

Appearance wise, they are less sleek and more blocky/bulky looking with more obvious solid steel parts. Extra thick, movable armor plating would serve as skirt-like attachments that would be re-arranged and "deployed" when bunker is used. While the remote firing weapons (A total of 4) would look similar to the RX-93 Nu Gundam's Fin Funnels (Floating rifles or so) that are attached behind the shoulder through a binder at the back (likely underneath the syandana). These remote controlled weapons, capable of flight would shoot down random targets on their own, like time limited sentinels that aren't just floating overhead and actively fly around.

NOTE: Artwork to follow. Suggestions are welcome but please do not give negative criticism.

Edited by Arc_Lightning

No to powers #2 & #4.

We already have ammo pks, so don't need a frame ability wasted on that.

The ult sounds familiar/cookie-cutty.

Maybe have something like an all out barrage of heat seeking, homing attks as the ult.

No to powers #2 & #4.

We already have ammo paks, so don't need a frame ability wasted on that.

Maybe have something like an all out barrage of heat seeking, homing attacks as the ult.

i actually like the concept his 3 and 4 sound great together. since he is a high energy frame 3 should also be energy per second. i would actually play this warframe considering that my weapons are far more powerful than my warframe

No to powers #2 & #4.

We already have ammo pks, so don't need a frame ability wasted on that.

Maybe have something like an all out barrage of heat seeking, homing attks as the ult.

I will reconsider the 2nd ability. As for the fourth ability, using homing attacks would kinda put him into the press 4 to do all the work thingy. He is sort of designed to make those who love their guns be able to fire their guns (hold down LMB) for as long as they wish, to give the feeling that their active tracking of targets was key to the frame's success rather than let the system aim for them.