The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

07/29/14 Cannot Connect To Server

dizty_doo

I heard it takes your bank details and that type of stuff, is that true ? And since i used steam to buy platinum and haven't same my bank details on it, would that affect it in anyway ? 

Sometimes, but DE has their data secured. It only occurs on vulnerable networks.

I heard it takes your bank details and that type of stuff, is that true ? And since i used steam to buy platinum and haven't saved my bank details on it, would that affect it in anyway ? 

DDos is used to knock down the walls, not to steal information. DDOS is the battering ram basically.

I heard it takes your bank details and that type of stuff, is that true ? And since i used steam to buy platinum and haven't saved my bank details on it, would that affect it in anyway ? 

a DDOS attack overloads a system to the point where it crashes, it isn't a direct hack on DE, all of your banking details are safe, and even if DE was breached, your details are held and protected by Steam, so they couldn't be accessed.

It would be nice if there was a pinned post that let us know when the attack was over, in the same place every time this happened.  It would also possibly help to alleviate the problem:  people that come to the forums would know not to bother trying to get on.  Instead, you've got people auto-clicking the "login" button, adding fuel to the fire.

That's phishing/hacking. DDoS is not the work of hackers. (Even though I did say hackers before, woopsie.)

Hackers use DDOS as a weapon for a first stage intrusion, by using a mass of computers controlled by one triger. effective making it impossible to find out who is behind it. to catch the culprit, you let it happen on a honey pot machine, trace the connection that attempts to take the "fake data" and nail your guy.

Well, there goes my login rewards. I've been trying all afternoon and I cant. If indeed Perfect World Entertainment did buy out DE, then I'm done anyway. PWE is the absolute worst. I'd rather back Ubisoft or the dreaded EA. I won't play a pay to win game. We all know that's what PWE does.

Of course, until I can confirm that PWE did indeed buy out DE, I'mma keep trying to log in.

How the hell PvE game can be pay to win?! What are you talking about? Or you just try to troll?

When attacking with massive battle, it is beneficial having the entire warframe players base available. History of Dark Sector Conflict has proven more players care about battle pay.

Server issues have the possible benefit of helping the Defenders. If very few people can connect. Defender have a chance of winning by default if no one can connect to play and attack.

If you fail to see the logic, then you are being emotional about the subject matter.

Attacking, Defending, and Taxes are all part of the system DE created. It is meant to be used and played.

Edited by ---ICE---

"challenging fight" by sending all your players while the server is being ddos'sed? I was in that, painfully, all the way through, with no rewards just to try and defend that bridge, i would get dumped from game after we finished everytime, your players came and quit, multiple times, and caused host migrations that caused the games to crash, while we had our fair share as did everyone. Now i'm not saying you did it on purpose, but i am calling out your alliance leadership for not having a sutible diplo make a statement a buncha ^^%$%$ little ^%&^%. and raising the taxes on a prime place to level? theirs other zones to play "we want a challenge" but no, you guys made the biggest ^%&^*% move of all and ruined leveling and credit grinding for alot of people. i would quit while your ahead.

Its no use blaming someone if you have no solid evidence, although the DDoS seems to coincide with ICE attacking, and that helps your argument. we can not just randomly point fingers blaming people because of a coincidence, I will blame ICE if a DDoS coincides with them attacking a third time. (third time's the charm lol) Although I do want a tax free node. :/

Anyway I cant really take a side on this, I don't have any substantial proof and I did not witness ICE do anything (left the game before it happened came back could not play :/)

Even if we do figure out who the culprit is we cannot play now, so all we can do is wait...

EDIT: for people wondering, I had no idea that ICE existed till the first DDoS attack...

Edited by CorruptPhantom

Its no use blaming someone if you have no solid evidence, although the DDoS seems to coincide with ICE attacking, and that helps your argument. we can not just randomly point fingers blaming people because of a coincidence, I will blame ICE if a DDoS coincides with them attacking a third time. (third time's the charm lol) Although I do want a tax free node. :/

Anyway I cant really take a side on this, I don't have any substantial proof and I did not witness ICE do anything (left the game before it happened came back could not play :/)

Even if we do figure out who the culprit is we cannot play now, so all we can do is wait...

We are going to drop a 1% tax rail and drop it to zero after we recoup the rail credit loss. or maybe just make it free from the get go.

I don't really understand the endgame high level e-bushido stuff, but from what I gather some group captured an area or something & put a tax on it, causing massive levels of butt-rage which people are utilising to blame said group for other issues. That's about it, right?

When attacking with massive battle, it is beneficial having the entire warframe players base available. History of Dark Sector Conflict has proven more players care about battle pay.

Server issues have the possible benefit of helping the Defenders. If very few people can connect. Defender have a chance of winning by default if no one can connect to play and attack.

If you fail to see the logic, then you are being emotional about the subject matter.

Attacking, Defending, and Taxes are all part of the system DE created. It is meant to be used and played.

Help the defenders?  Er...right now you guys are defending a 75% tax rail on Kadesh Mars...

Edited by Hexagoros