Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

07/29/14 Cannot Connect To Server

dizty_doo

How are you any better calling people names just because you find their "theories" preposterous? If there are people like you out there calling people idiots over little things like this, I have no doubt in my mind that people would do something like this just so, as you put it, they can say "I got it". Seriously if people "hack" CoD and Roblox then there has to be people that would DDoS a game for in-game currency + resources. 

if you had read past "oh I saw idiot, white knight mode engage", you d have seen I said people who would plan such  a thing are idiots, not conspiracy theorists, I m just pointing at the improbability of such an event, not insulting ppl that disagree thank you

Edited by manub

^

I'm sure there have been quite a few... Every game has issues... beta this and beta that... Skyrim was beta and you payed $59.99 for it... every game is beta. You pay for it so when the next installment comes out; they have the money to pay people to fix the problems that where present in the first one... That's why if it flops a second one doesn't come out... Funding has to come from somewhere.

Edited by Kotei

How are you any better calling people names just because you find their "theories" preposterous? If there are people like you out there calling people idiots over little things like this, I have no doubt in my mind that people would do something like this just so, as you put it, they can say "I got it". Seriously if people "hack" CoD and Roblox then there has to be people that would DDoS a game for in-game currency + resources. 

My sentiments, exactly. I'm fine if ICE benefited from a server crash by accident, but twice this has happened, now with more of their rails at stake. I personally suspect foul play, but the proper course of action is not to just complain. DE just needs to review their server history and see if it is even possible to find out "who done it." I personally don't know the nature of a DDoS attack, and I highly doubt it can just be traced as the attacker is probably using multiple proxies, but whatever. If that can be done, great! If ICE turns out to be innocent and this is all just circumstantial, great! Last thing we need is a ban hammer to come a'swinging. But I believe that if they were guilty, they should be disbanded.

okay this is getting really @(*()$ annoying. For such an awesome game with a team that is obviously making money by the buckets you'd figure they would spend some of it on a decent server that they can secure, but nope. Who knows where the attack is really coming from but seriously guys its time to fix this. I've been playing for about a week now, if that, and half of my time has been crashing and looking at this error, and it seems like this has been going on for quite some time. It also looks like it isn't going to stop anytime soon. Get yourselves together and fix the problem. This is how you turn players away and end up losing customers and fans. Don't final fantasy your game.

I picked the perfect time to play this game lol. Funny I got this game brought to my attention from a steam thread promoting patch 14 and THIS was the time to get into wargame.

Perfect timing, I only hope this isn't a normal deal, because the community is surely upset, but finger pointing and speculations / paranoia aside, will a day come when I can log on, do a mission, and earn credit for it?

I don't like this "beta" scapegoat, this game has been out for over a year it seems. Bad business call Lotus. The $$$ weighs more than the title.

I picked the perfect time to play this game lol. Funny I got this game brought to my attention from a steam thread promoting patch 14 and THIS was the time to get into wargame.

Perfect timing, I only hope this isn't a normal deal, because the community is surely upset, but finger pointing and speculations / paranoia aside, will a day come when I can log on, do a mission, and earn credit for it?

I don't like this "beta" scapegoat, this game has been out for over a year it seems. Bad business call Lotus. The $$$ weighs more than the title.

Dont worry, this is NOT normal. I've been playing for approximately a year and a half-ish, and I can tell you this is a very new dilemma for this to happen so frequently.

ICE won and now I can get back into the game.  No, that's not suspicious at all.  If it goes back down in 3 hours when V attacks ICE for Sechura, I'm leaving this stupid game.  I don't care about Dark Sectors at all, but I do care that a handful of douchenozzles can make sure no one else can play while they circle jerk with each other.

Edited by Dresden_

A DDOS on an online game doesn t come from 1 induhvidual, can you imagine THAT number of idiots coming together in alliance to do that

are the other alliances that won sectors culprit/associates? seriously, isn t  coincidence way more likely?

Considering the potential number of people in an alliance? I'm not an expert but that a few thousand may be enough for an attack

But yes, I do think a coincidence is more likely and that it's just unfortunate timing. The main thrust of my statement, especially if you actually bothered to read the first post I made in this thread is that greed and stupidity should never be underestimated.

Edit Edit: nope, still can't get in so disregard previous edit

Edited by Dalis918

well safe to say we can all get back on the game now sense ICE won,such a coincidence if i do say so my self

& of course the fact that such a thing would be so highly suspicious went over the head of ICE hackers...