Which Sentinel Is The Best?

Question

I was just wondering. what everyone thought. I use wyrm because I just got it from buying a prime package. But reading through the forums on other topics loads of people mention using carrier, dethcube ect. 

What does everybody think?

24 answers to this question

Helios is broken (yet again) and wastes scan charges on things he'll scan infinitely because they have no codex entry, like fans, void objects, etc.

So currently it's Deathcube (with carrier's shotgun) or Wyrm Prime for damage, or Carrier for sucking up items to you.

Carrier isn't (just) for lazy people. When I'm using an ammo-inefficient weapon, high energy consumption build or desecrating like crazy for life support - the carrier handles the drops. This frees up the time I'd spend picking up said drops, so I can focus on the actual task at hand - without running out of ammo/energy/oxygen.

A lot of times best is subjective, and this is one of those times.  I'll just counter your question with another one;  What do you want out of your sentinel?

Want to auto-complete your Codex passively?  Helios is best for that.

Want to have a stealth safety net that can be used to escape sticky situations?  Shade is best for that.

Want to have a knockdown safety net for close ranged targets?  Wyrm (Prime) is best for that.

Want to have a sentinel with the longest firing precept for attacking?  Djinn is best for that.

Want to be able to be lazy and let the loot come to you?  Carrier is best for that.

Want a sentinel that is effectively junk but better than no sentinel at all?  Dethcube is best for that.

Long story short, they're all best, except Dethcube because he's junk.  :p

I have my vacuum who doesn't suck when he should so I tend to ignore it... but I need to consider it for survival missions.

I absolutely love my trusty Shade. Is it the most powerful? No, but that's not that important to me. He's saved my skin so many times in a bind by rendering me invisible.

My frames go home and night and cuddle him like a stuffed animal.

I think the real question should be: "If Carrier DIDN'T have vacuum, would yo prefer and why?"

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Shade

I absolutely love my trusty Shade. Is it the most powerful? No, but that's not that important to me. He's saved my skin so many times in a bind by rendering me invisible.

This. And not only mine, he's very handy when reviving others, too.

Have yet to get Helios and Djinn... So far i found Wyrm to be wyrst, tbh.

Use Helios if you need to get codex scans, when you get all of them switch to Carrier and don't use other S#&$. As for weapons, Sweeper outperform rest of sentinel weapons. Put 4 forma on it and your sentinel will steal your kills. :D

I like the Wyrm Prime. Crowd Dispersion helps a lot. I only suggest the Carrier when farming. I don't understand the Dethcube because you have a weapon and so does your sentinel, so why have a skill that deals high damage to an enemy too close with a 30 second cooldown, and another that shoots first visible enemy. While Wyrm's Crowd Dispersion has a 15 second cooldown that does radial stun if there are multiple enemies close. For the shade, I think it's suited for being stealthy or reviving someone. It has a 10 second cooldown now (I think). For stealth missions, I think you better kill enemies quick, because it de-cloaks when you attack, even a stealth attack. I only use Helios when I am bored and want some scans on my codex, plus the melee weapon is fun to watch.

Edited by theflyingbutress

Shade is cool but I find his cloak quite buggy - half the time it never activates when I'm expecting (or wanting) it to.

Helios is my current favourite. Really like the design, the glaive weapon is cool, codex scanner system is still a bit awkward but is great for getting scans on opponents that require your full attention, e.g. Stalker or G3.

After that it'd be Carrier for me, especially if using a weapon or frame with high ammo/energy consumption.

Kubrow.

In all seriousness though, I've had 3 that tie for top place.

Carrier: definitely my bread and butter sentinel, the quality of life is fantastic when you don't miss any loot ever and have a shotgun to clean up uppity infested.

Helios: only thing that's filling up my codex. Also, yay for short range hammer drop.

Deathcube: beep Boop, f!ck the enemy team, pewpewpew.

Wyrm Prime is good defensive and boost players stats, Carrier is a good looter if your farming, Helios has a strong glavie attack and scans things, Dijiin has the most powerfull weapon and strong abilites, Shade is a good sneaky sentile, Deathcube depends on play style and Kubrows are worth getting instead of sentiles. But really doesnt matter, all depends on which frame your using and which weapon and playstyle.

I've tried most sentinels, but my favorite is the Shade. I don't mod Shade for attack power, I mainly use him as support, with Cloak and Guardian. If you have a Shade, you'll experience those moments where that toxic ancient pulls you to him and then you cloak and run away. Shade is also useful when reviving. I just overall <3 my Shade :D

SHADE FTW