Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Effective Is Corrosive Proj (In Void)

CF_HoneyBadger

Question

When I run void missions, I usually bring my potatoe'd rhino and Rifle Amp aura for a slight damage boost.  However, last night I decided to change it up a bit and brought Corrosive Projection to do something about the ungodly amount of armor some of the 30 min+ mobs bring in T3S/T4S.

The thing is, I really didn't notice much of a difference? It could have just been confirmation bias or whatever, but it felt like it was a step backwards.

My loadout was a penta and dual ichors, both with corrosive, if it matters.

Any advice / opinions on which Aura to bring? 

12 answers to this question

When doing T4 with my clan all 4 use Corrosive Projection... That will make all enemies have 0 Armor.

One time a guy posted on the forums some math showing that Rifle Amp gives more damage only in the first 15 mins, after that, Corrosive Projection will give you more damage because of the enemies Armor Scaling.

But i would use that aura only vs Grineer or vs Corrupted. Because Corpus and Infested don't have armor. People confuse Ancient's Fossilized Damage Resistance with Armor just because their HP is weak to Corrosive, a damage type often related to Armor.

About the lack of Energy, just use Energy Restores. Ever since i started using them i never went back to Energy Syphon.

Edited by RexSol

About the lack of Energy, just use Energy Restores. Ever since i started using them i never went back to Energy Syphon.

Why did i never think that? I mean, i should be able to figure it out myself, after using tons of ammo restores for the amprex...

Man, that is AWESOME!

When I run void missions, I usually bring my potatoe'd rhino and Rifle Amp aura for a slight damage boost.  However, last night I decided to change it up a bit and brought Corrosive Projection to do something about the ungodly amount of armor some of the 30 min+ mobs bring in T3S/T4S.

The thing is, I really didn't notice much of a difference? It could have just been confirmation bias or whatever, but it felt like it was a step backwards.

My loadout was a penta and dual ichors, both with corrosive, if it matters.

Any advice / opinions on which Aura to bring? 

Replace Penta with Synapse and you will see why heavy gunners are 1 hit fodder until 30-40min mark.Using 2 rifle amps and 2 corrosive projection works as long as you bring corrosive and your weapons.

IdCuWgo.jpg

When doing T4 with my clan all 4 use Corrosive Projection... That will make all enemies have 0 Armor.

One time a guy posted on the forums some math showing that Rifle Amp gives more damage only in the first 15 mins, after that, Corrosive Projection will give you more damage because of the enemies Armor Scaling.

But i would use that aura only vs Grineer or vs Corrupted. Because Corpus and Infested don't have armor. People confuse Ancient's Fossilized Damage Resistance with Armor just because their HP is weak to Corrosive, a damage type often related to Armor.

Yea, health rejuv. and energy siphon are replaced with team restores at end-game, no need to worry about those. Team with rifle amp and corrosive projection is your best bet. This way your critical weapons deal 50% more damage and works well on scaled enemies.

Dosent corrosive on weapons replace projection?

-snip-

When you use 4 corrosive projections, you don't use corrosive damage type anymore because it doesn't receive any bonus because enemies don't have that armor type anymore. Instead, you'll use viral build in the void and it's much better on higher levels than any setup with less than 4 corrosive projections.

I kind of get the impression that the Synapse is an end-game gun.

By this I mean that it takes a huge up-front investment (multiple formas and maxed out serration/heavy cal), but once you get past that, you get a gun that absolutely wrecks all.  However, I just am not to the point where this is feasible for me due to a lack of R5 cores for maxing the "big 2" (serration/heavy cal). So I am stuck with a rank 6 serration and no heavy cal for a while. I'm slowly working towards being able to max them, but it's going to take a while.

In the meantime, I use my penta for its crowd control and the fact that it performs well with sub-par modding.  The fun factor of shooting grenades all day softens the blow, though :) 

When you use 4 corrosive projections, you don't use corrosive damage type anymore because it doesn't receive any bonus because enemies don't have that armor type anymore. Instead, you'll use viral build in the void and it's much better on higher levels than any setup with less than 4 corrosive projections.

Yea, im not going to forma my weapons and Warframes for the seventh time. My build still 1 hits Heavy gunners up to 40min as long as you line up the headshot. With 2 corrosive projections(-60) and 2 rifle amps(+54%Damage and Crit Damage) I guess ill just leave my builds.

**I guess I can put Viral and Electricity on but if I change my Aura slot I wont have points for Narrow-minded.**

Run a boar prime with a status/corrosive build and watch heavy gunners melt.

Boar Prime is sweet, so when proc happens is status 90% per pellet or bullet?

I kind of get the impression that the Synapse is an end-game gun.

By this I mean that it takes a huge up-front investment (multiple formas and maxed out serration/heavy cal), but once you get past that, you get a gun that absolutely wrecks all.  However, I just am not to the point where this is feasible for me due to a lack of R5 cores for maxing the "big 2" (serration/heavy cal). So I am stuck with a rank 6 serration and no heavy cal for a while. I'm slowly working towards being able to max them, but it's going to take a while.

In the meantime, I use my penta for its crowd control and the fact that it performs well with sub-par modding.  The fun factor of shooting grenades all day softens the blow, though :) 

Penta, Soma and Amprex still are viable, its just flat out DPS wise Synapse was always on top. Of course its my bias of it is because with Volt(favorite Warframe) it adds more damage and range. You have to get used to parkour and running alot since Volt is extremely weak, I put aim sensitivity on the highest as well.

You would notice a SIGNIFICANT change in damage done to Lancers, but because you're using a Corrosive build the damage done to Gunners won't be massive until really high levels (~100).

The issue is Corrosive damage is already ignoring 75% of the enemy armor.

So say you're using Rifle Amp, with Serration and HCal. That aura is adding 6.27% damage to your Penta.

Now, we're fighting a lvl 50 Gunner, with 2232 armor. The Blast damage base is going to only do 7.3% damage, but Corrosive will do 61.2%. With 180% Corrosive thats 41.95% avg damage, with Rifle Amp thats 50.8%.

If we add Corrosive Projection, base armor reduced to 1562 and we get 10% damage from Blast and 76% damage from Corrosive. With 180% Corrosive thats 52.4% damage.

So we would only see a damage increase of ~3.15% when using Corrosive Projection over Rifle Amp, when modding Corrosive.

The major advantage of Corrosive Projection over Rifle Amp is that it affects sidearms+melee, and works amazingly well for damage that is not Corrosive and against Lancers. For example;

If we're fighting a level 50 Lancer; 1075 armor, CP adds 30.8% damage (23% more than Rifle Amp).

If we hit that level 50 Gunner with a Fireball, CP adds 36% damage (the full 36% more than RA)