Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The More Progression There Is, The Worse The Game Gets.

Innocent_Flower

Game currently has an inverse difficulty curve. When you start out everything's difficult. When you've got to a certain point everything's too easy. It's both intimidating for new players and boring for vets, since with their well modded gear they can't realy find a challenge. 

I thought the prologue, in which i went from invincible to a vulnerable Volt with mk-1 weapons and enemies who were suitably challenging and allowed me to use skill, was probably the best experience I've had in warframe. Not because of rewards, not because of the lore or the talking ship. Not because of the UI or the cutseen bit. 

I actualy had to play the game. It wasn't a passive experience where I don't have to worry at all about getting shot to much and I barely have to try to kill an enemy. It wasn't an experience in which my sprinting and sliding didn't contribute at all to my survival. 

I think It's mostly because warframe does a lot of silly things. Like mods that give you 40% increased health per level. I've never actualy played an RPG or MMO in which level-ups were so drastic. That's both a bad RPG mechanic and a bad shooter mechanic. 

This is amplified by the fact that you've got that mod forever. I mean I can slap an aura mod on that frame. The gives me enough points to put on a maxed or high ranked vitality or redirection. Boom. I've got a 440% increase in health or shields, and I believe that If there's two D slots and a V polarity for steel charge, I can put on a maxed rank vitality AND a maxed rank Redirection for an 880% life increase whilst the warframe is still unranked. Might as well toggle god mode for the lower games. 

Thing Is, a defence for this would be "well then don't put on OP mods" 

- Changing mods around just to perfectly fit the tier you're playing on is stupid, time consuming and a chore. 

- Because of how much health and damage you've got changes so drastically, progression and difficulty feels just so artificial. They have more health, so you do more damage. They have more damage, so you have more health. 

- The game's kinda split where there's a big divide of players. Most of the time, these players keep to their own camps. Vet players who go to earth or venus or mercury aren't doing so for the gameplay. They're doing it for resources or rarely to help other players. Similarly, It's annoying to have low ranking players in higher games, because you know that they're not going to do anything other than attract bullets, because they don't have the mods that enable them to actualy hurt the enemy and it doesn't matter how skilled they might be. Fact is; If you're facing an enemy of a high enough level without the  mods, it can take more than all your ammo to kill him. 

- Survival and defence. 

I'm just thinking the game'd be a thousand times better if this stuff was toned down. Not removed entirely, because there's always a straw grasper out there, but toned down significantly. 

Warframe should realy be more about space pirate ninja wizard acrobats, with dubious history written by inconsistent writers who don't know a planet from an asteroid, stylishly killing ugly facists, Capitalism cults, yucky things and white guys in order to gain loot.

Not a mathmatical game that puts more emphasis on  Huge numbers. Fast paced action gaming and overemphasized leveling are clearly bad in the bath together. 

The problem is scaling is false diffuculty. As myself and many other have said, endgame is basically "oneshot everything until you get oneshotted"

Instead of armor + health + damage scaling we need enemies that force you to play intelligently.

I do agree that the pure statistical buffs need to be relooked at in a big way. Elemental mods should ideally be about giving our attacks bonus properties rather than be about damage - things like Stormbringer should give at most 50% bonus damage, things like Jolt and the other status chance mods give 30%.

Multishot, too, should be changed so that every bullet split only deals 60% of the damage an unsplit bullet does, so 100% multishot is only a 20% increase in total damage. Mutlishot should be about utility, helping elemental procs and special effects, like Punch-Through mods, not a mandatory 100% damage boost. By reducing the sheer power of the elemental mods, alternate tactics like focus on firerate, magazine size, or zoom rate become valid, and more unique mods can be considered.

Give our Warframes chunkier base stats at max rank, and tone down the effect of R10 mods like Serration, Redirection and Vitality.

Adjust enemy values to be comparable to ourselves, instead of having boatloads of health. They've got numbers, we've got better equipment and skills.

Not to mention, this would then help PvP balancing.

Edited by Varzy

I feel same thing, but what I do in this case for not losing the adrenalin, i don´t have any life, shields, armor mods maxed IN FACT! I dont even use them! so my game won´t lose action and escaping or using skills for saving my life, everything have a solution (temporaly) until DE makes something with that game difficulty bro :3

Yeah, this is something that's always bugged me about the mod system. The total bonuses you get from mods scale the player way out of control so it's not long before you've levelled up your mods to the point where most of the enemies in the game aren't capable of hurting you and you're basically hosing them down with streams of insta-death bullets. I don't have a problem with the idea of upping our damage and defenses but I think that both our progression and that of our opponents should have been on a much narrower band.

Most of the problems that flood the forums stem from the ridiculous way that everything scales in this game, the massive increases in stats are unneccesary, have made the game nearly impossible to balance and created the two biggest complains you see on these forums. "Warframe has no challenge(forpeoplewithrank10mods)" and "bullet spongey enemies are no fun to fight".

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect this to change at all, but really if you want a core mechanic to point at and go "hey, that's throwing the game out of whack", the mods and the numbers attached would be a good start.

I agree with you. I recently replayed the old version of the tutorial. It was the most fun I've had meleeing enemies and shooting them in a very long while. I feel the game has too much of the ever increasing difficulty and it feels the need to continually create mods that can make weapons OP to compensate. 

Sorry, but as i see it if you would prefer the game if it was more like a different game, perhaps you should play a different game.

I don't want to poop on anyone here, just throwing my lot in.

Personally i like the difficulty curve as its so original, plus as you can pick your map you can play at a level that suits you.

Also: "This is amplified by the fact that you've got that mod forever.". - Roll on perfect world mentality.

Edited by chaotea

Varzy's post is on the path. 

Hunter

I'd say no to bipods (at least for players, the enemy are fine) , but What I wouldn't mind seeing a mod or maybe a default mechanic that increases the ammo count greatly, but slows down the player. Or maybe even a mod that projects a shield from the reciever of the gun, that gives the player a small bit of cover at the cost of speed. Or maybe speed for explosive rounds. But speed is kept fast when the gun isn't winding, so you've got more thought put into where you shoot from. It'd be more hectic that way. 

I would also like to add that I think DE(L) has known about this problem, and added Eximus units as a way to counter it (but to be blunt, it is not really working, since at the end of the day, these Eximus units are just buffed normal units with one special attack). 

Well this is for customazation lolz ;D if you dont want bipods just dont place machinegun on bipod :D

If it's just for looks I don't see why not, but anything that encourages players to stand still is a no-no. Some basic contextual cover would be okay, but bipods and other camper tools are not. 

I agree with OP.

Tone every mod down to a 5% gain per level.

Corrupted mods might give you 10% but drain 5% on a different stat.

Enemies increase all their base stat numbers by 1% per level, meaning a lvl 100 enemy is twice as tough as a lvl 1 enemy.

Balance the game around that.

It will also improve PvP balance as a side-effect (even though this is not my main concern).

I completely disagree with you, coming up with the most effective builds for your weapons/warframes is a lot more intriguing than playing as if you were a noob, and although I understand what you are talking about, you also have to understand that it would get boring really fast.

In my opinion:

*snip image*

Nonsense, the thing is that when you are a noob you don't have a choice, all you can play is stuff which is hard, but when you are at end-game, you can choose whether you can play easy or hard stuff, and it is YOUR CHOICE that makes the game easier.

In other words, to solve your issue, you should be forced to play only T4 survival, and be allowed to extract only after 60 minutes.

It's not as if end-game lacks hard content, it's just that you CHOOSE to play the easy stuff.

Edited by Hakitojin

Nonsense, the thing is that when you are a noob you don't have a choice, all you can play is stuff which is hard, but when you are at end-game, you can choose whether you can play easy or hard stuff, and it is YOUR CHOICE that makes the game easier.

In other words, to solve your issue, you should be forced to play only T4 survival, and be allowed to extract only after 60 minutes.

Stop being so nitpicky...