Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About A Dark Souls Style Stalker?

VoidianAgent

Fail to see the logic there, that issue is present to the present stalker, how is a player bringing NEW imbalance to what's already broken? This is an issue DE has to fix with or without this change if they want to make the stalker threatening, this suggestion doesn't touch that aspect of the game.

*sigh*

Then why bring this new feature to the game. It adds nothing but more PvP into PvE (something that the ENTIRE community will be against). It makes no sense lore wise (again, I will repeat; Why would a tenno become a stalker). 

Edited by TheErebus

The only thing how stalker should be changed is removing the blinking and pre-attack talking. You get the message in inbox, that should be enough. You should not be warned, 'cos it's like TENNO, I'M ABOUT TO POP UP, READY YOUR WEAPONS TO PWN ME. He should not warn he is about to attack, neither should the squad know who is the target until it's hit.

*sigh*

Then why bring this new feature to the game. It adds nothing but more PvP into PvE (something that the ENTIRE community will be against). It makes no sense lore wise (again, I will repeat; Why would a tenno become a stalker). 

False, it's just something the vocal minority in the forums are against.

Adding PvP and interactivity to the game would be the point, I can understand people being against spending half a year planing something new and exciting for PvP ignoring PvE aspects entirely but this is quite a small change and shouldn't take more than a couple of updates, it could potentially make the fights MUCH more enjoyable to the defenders and add a brand new and fun feature to the game so that other players can use it.

As it is now fighting the stalker is just running around in circles blocking while the non marked members kill it for you, you can do it with an unranked brand new frame in a high level area, very fun.

1 single paragraph of "lore" isn't all there is to it.

A stalker attacking a new lonely player always means the player is dead anyway, no changes so far, if the stalker decides to "troll" that's fine too, not like he can do much except running away which the players can just ignore anyway.

Using a slippery slope fallacy doesn't really make a point, what I've been saying all along is that NOTHING would change to the game or gameplay elements except that it would allow veteran players to play something new, something else, in their late game content, nothing more, nothing less.

Okay, let's run through some examples:

A. Stalker targets all players other than the marked player. 

B. Stalker sprints and camps objectives, making mission impossible.

C. Stalker attacks objectives, failing the mission.

D. Stalker refuses to kill, instead harassing players throughout level.

E. Stalker runs away, players now do not get drops.

I could keep going, but I hope you get the idea. PvP and PvE balancing are totally different animals, this would require a massive game overhaul to make PvE appropriate for PvP. You've been on this forum for a while, so I assume you know what the reaction to this would be.

This is a terrible idea. This game is not like dark souls at all, and this would not only not fit in our story but also be hilariously unfair.

This has been suggested dozens of times before and the response is always the same.

Edited by vaugahn

False, it's just something the vocal minority in the forums are against.

Adding PvP and interactivity to the game would be the point, I can understand people being against spending half a year planing something new and exciting for PvP ignoring PvE aspects entirely but this is quite a small change and shouldn't take more than a couple of updates, it could potentially make the fights MUCH more enjoyable to the defenders and add a brand new and fun feature to the game so that other players can use it.

As it is now fighting the stalker is just running around in circles blocking while the non marked members kill it for you, you can do it with an unranked brand new frame in a high level area, very fun.

Vocal. Minority.

You must be new here. I'll be your guide.

If you actually think that, then post a thread on the forums in general discussion asking people "Would you like a meld of PvE and PvP in the same mode?" and see the reaction.

Okay, let's run through some examples:

A. Stalker targets all players other than the marked player. 

B. Stalker sprints and camps objectives, making mission impossible.

C. Stalker attacks objectives, failing the mission.

D. Stalker refuses to kill, instead harassing players throughout level.

E. Stalker runs away, players now do not get drops.

I could keep going, but I hope you get the idea. PvP and PvE balancing are totally different animals, this would require a massive game overhaul to make PvE appropriate for PvP. You've been on this forum for a while, so I assume you know what the reaction to this would be.

This is a terrible idea. This game is not like dark souls at all, and this would not only not fit in our story but also be hilariously unfair.

This has been suggested dozens of times before and the response is always the same.

That's not trolling, that's being intelligent, the objective of the stalker is to punish/kill the player, those are all perfectly viable ways of doing it, specially the killing the entire team part which should be a no brainer even for the AI stalker, the game is already easy enough as it is, no need to cater to what makes it easy.

Vocal. Minority.

You must be new here. I'll be your guide.

If you actually think that, then post a thread on the forums in general discussion asking people "Would you like a meld of PvE and PvP in the same mode?" and see the reaction.

And that goes against what I said because?

Oh, my bad, you think the majority of players visit and troll/spam the forums all day.

That's not trolling, that's being intelligent, the objective of the stalker is to punish/kill the player, those are all perfectly viable ways of doing it, specially the killing the entire team part which should be a no brainer even for the AI stalker, the game is already easy enough as it is, no need to cater to what makes it easy.

I'm gonna back to my point. 

SO what challenge does it bring then?

Look, I'm not trying to be mean or anything here, this is just a really bad idea. None of those things are punishing to the player, they're just annoying and unwanted. If at some point in the future all content is balanced for PvP then this might be an okay idea, but even then not really. Stalker is fine as he is, and PvP and PvE should always be kept separate here.

And that goes against what I said because?

Oh, my bad, you think the majority of players visit and troll/spam the forums all day.

Because you said:

"Those are only the vocal minority" which not true at all.

I've been here longer than you have. I've seen threads that have come and gone. I've seen this thread come in multiple times.

The response never changes. 

People hate this idea because it messes with the PvE.

It copies an idea from a game because its "cool".

Because you said:

"Those are only the vocal minority" which not true at all.

I've been here longer than you have. I've seen threads that have come and gone. I've seen this thread come in multiple times.

The response never changes. 

People hate this idea because it messes with the PvE.

It copies an idea from a game because its "cool".

Finally admiting it's a cool idea.

Human intelligence.

Have you ever considered the reason many players play PvE is to avoid that? Or should I quote you the hundreds of posts from players who say they despise PvP and will never touch it in any game anywhere?

It's a cool idea, just not for this game.

Edited by vaugahn

In dark souls? yeah totally.

In warframe. It's not.

and don't try to pull that BS on me.

A cool idea is a cool idea, and besides I haven't seen a single argument explaining why it's BS besides fallacious "arguments" and "it is because it is".

A cool idea is a cool idea, and besides I haven't seen a single argument explaining why it's BS besides fallacious "arguments" and "it is because it is".

Have you not been paying attention to everything we've been saying? Anyways, here's three threads. I searched "play as stalker" and these were all on the top page. Please read these.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/273310-new-gamemode-player-stalker/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/200347-player-controlled-stalker/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/171063-idea-to-play-as-stalker-excal-skin/

I assure you there are many, many more. This idea is never going to happen and that is a good thing.

Erebus is out, and so am I. Let's just hope this thread vanishes like the others.

Edited by vaugahn

*sigh*

It's because people don't want it.

It's evident that they will not want it.

This thread has popped up so many times and it gets the same response. 

I know this from experience.

I love Dark souls as much as you do. But mixing elements of those two would not match. It's like taking the fast paced action of WF and putting it into dark souls.

This is my final post. Because you won't listen to what we say.

Besides, I have the new Last of Us remastered to play. Which will bring me much more enjoyment than having to continue this discussion.

If you compare A.I. to Human intelligence:

A.I. don't do dirty tricks.

Human intelligence on the other hand...

I think the situation with the Dark sectors is evidence for that.

That goes against the initial argument saying humans can be dumb but whatever.

"Dirty" tricks should be encouraged as long as they aren't cheats or exploits, for those we have a punishment system which is a necessity in every game, even a purely PvE one, like players exploiting the banshee bug to afk farm ODD solo till wave 100 or whatever.

Have you not been paying attention to everything we've been saying? Anyways, here's three threads. I searched "play as stalker" and these were all on the top page. Please read these.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/273310-new-gamemode-player-stalker/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/200347-player-controlled-stalker/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/171063-idea-to-play-as-stalker-excal-skin/

I assure you there are many, many more. This idea is never going to happen and that is a good thing.

Erebus is out, and so am I. Let's just hope this thread vanishes like the others.

Back to the vocal part of a minority

*sigh*

It's because people don't want it.

It's evident that they will not want it.

This thread has popped up so many times and it gets the same response. 

I know this from experience.

I love Dark souls as much as you do. But mixing elements of those two would not match. It's like taking the fast paced action of WF and putting it into dark souls.

This is my final post. Because you won't listen to what we say.

Besides, I have the new Last of Us remastered to play. Which will bring me much more enjoyment than having to continue this discussion.

MMO players are notorious for wanting things that ruin their own fun and being against what's good for the game, and for themselves, anybody with at least 10 years of MMO experience knows that, that being said "people do not want it" will never be a valid argument unless you point to some research done with a fair share of the player's total (NOT the forum poster's total) to show what the real majority really wants, until then it's me saying it would add interactivity to an event that already exists meaning if anybody doesn't like it, they are would have to complain against the existence of the stalker and not against the OPTION to play as him. If you can't do it, don't even bother.