Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug: Elemental damage needs to be assigned and accounted for swords.

Ced23Ric

Oh hai,

Currently, the elemental (Electricity, Armor-Piercing, Fire, Freeze) damage does not count as part of the weapon it comes from, causing XP to go by unassigned. The creep/assist XP system mitigates this mostly for rifles and pistols, but melee weapons lose a lot of XP to this.

Let me explain.

A rifle with 50% fire kills something. Base damage reduces the mob to low health, the fire kills him. The XP is assigned to the random party pool, giving creep/asssist XP to the frame and the rifle used - not directly, but via assist XP. You can see this happening when your rifle levels up without you killing something, but after you partook in damaging a target - there is XP creeping into the rifle pool. And because the base damage "marked" the target for assist purposes, even the "fire" killing it nets you rifle XP.

A sword with 50% fire kills something. The base damage nicks the target, the fire finishes it off. The XP is assigned to the creep pool, giving the frame, but not the sword the XP, because the sword doesn't seem to be considered as a weapon currently in use, and the base damage is then seemingly mistaken for ... rifle/pistol damage? It's weird.

Melee weapons level a lot slower with elemental mods as a result - at least, that is what it seems like.

I can add something to that... About the secondary missions (Like achviements) when you need to get, like 30 kills with rifle or 10 with sword, and you have elemental or even armor piercing mods on it... When you kill someone with fire and the fire comes from the bullet of your rifle that doesn't count as a rifle kill? Because it doesn't count at all... That also happens with electric and piercing damage... Isn't that suppose to count as weapon kill?

Fair enough. *reports for move*

Oh sorry I didn't mean to say this was in the wrong section and be the forum nazi, just that it might gain some attention if it was also posted in the bug forum. There's an endless sea of random discussion here and I think you've posted a very important part of the core game mechanics that require fixing so thank you for bringing it to my and hopefully the devs attention!

Edited by MegatechBody

Oh sorry I didn't mean to say this was in the wrong section and be the forum nazi

As a German, I take mortal offense to this and reported your post!

Nah, it's all cool, Mega. Keeping the boards clean is hard enough as it is, you had a valid point. Thus, I reported my OP and asked for a rename/move. :)