Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Control Our Kubrows

noveltyhero

Check out my other How Tos:

How to fix U14:https://forums.warfr...how-to-fix-u14/

How to fix melee combat: https://forums.warfr...x-melee-combat/
How to make Phorid a Beast: https://forums.warfr...orid-a-beast-d/

Hey guys,

I am sure we have all encountered various problems with the behaviour of our Kubrows. Either he goes insane 1v20 or he sticks by your side when there is an enemy 5m away that you want him to kill so he can learn.

Well today I propose a fix similar to my post of "How to easily break down language barriers" listed above:

Let us give commands to our Kubrow

So there is a button to press possibly X on PC (we use it for terminals but if none is selected a menu pops up).

This menu contains two sides, one is the Kubrow commands, the other is the Tenno communication I mentioned in my post on language barriers. You have an additional option to have mouse enabled but other than that you can press or hold X then press a number or use scrolling wheel to pick one then either press X again or click (customizable).

Pressing X twice quickly will clear any commands given and the Kubrow will return to his original state (by your side). Pressing it three times will use the favorited command (right clicked in menu).

So here are possible commands:

Cover the objective

Stays by/goes after objective, if capture target he will attempt to run after him and drag him down for you to damage him, however you cannot be too far behind or he will likely perish especially at high levels

if MD/D he will stand by objective defending it with his life

Hunt

He will still be focused on following you except the range is extended by 30-40m so he actively fights enemies regardless if you are directly next to him or not.

Rush

He sticks to you like glue, regardless of how fast you go he will ignore enemies and focus on following you (i.e Sahasa will not Dig if you stand still, ready to spring) -good for stealth

Fetch

Mostly for survival but anything else works, he will actively go around bringing you stuff you need.

Life support->health/energy->mods (by rarity) in that order

Takedown/Protect

If used on teammate, he will follow them as if he was their own

If used on enemy he will jump on them to knock them down (or die trying, depends if other enemies are around or not to help the target)

Stay

He will remain in his current position (if you go too far he will still teleport to you IF you default it back by double tapping X), debatable or not if he seeks out targets if they attack him -good for stealth again

Distract

With this he will run around enemies taking aggro from enemies and running away for a short while taking minimal damage(for sake of utility he is immune to most CC here so he doesn't pointlessly die)

Toggleable:

(these are commands that happen regardless of the above in certain circumstances) 

Hide

If you are downed as a player, the Kubrow will run for cover until/if you are revived so he does not die either.

Will add more later if I find some, suggestions are welcome! :D

Edited by noveltyhero

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/276093-kubrow-thoughts-and-solutions/

Great minds think alike, Want to start a mega thread about this? I will colaborate with some mod images? and Ideas?

My idea was using the marking and waypointing to do this. Hold waypoint mark keybind and then select kubro action from a wheel menu.

Edited by Tuxpenguino

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/276093-kubrow-thoughts-and-solutions/

Great minds think alike, Want to start a mega thread about this? I will colaborate with some mod images? and Ideas?

My idea was using the marking and waypointing to do this. Hold waypoint mark keybind and then select kubro action from a wheel menu.

Sure, I will send you a PM about it later as I have some other threads in general related to Kubrows...

I am opposed to using the waypointing system because I believe that it should remain simply for team communication, in fact it can be elaborated upon that which is an entire different discussion.

It would be cool to see something like a set commands such as if you marked an enemy your kubrow prioritizes that enemy over others, or you set your kubrow to follow, defend a point, or even protect a rescue target from being killed. I think these simple commands would evolve the way kubrows act and help more then hinder the way you play.

I would actually like to see kubrows being controllable. They are basically dogs, and look at the level of intelligence and control border collies have! (Sheep dogs).

Toggling between Offensive, Defensive and Neutral modes would be fantastic. Also being able to 'target' enemies would be nice too. I think that the waypoint button should be redone; hold it down to place a waypoint, and tap it over an enemy to highlight it; giving it a red/orange outline that your team can see and your kubrow can target (In the same way you can "spot" guards in Payday 2). 

If DE did this, I would -love- using my Kubrow more. Control is a good thing.

Edited by Snougar

• 2 weeks later...

All my yes. I think DE will start to work on this after Gamescon.

I certainly hope so!

I would actually like to see kubrows being controllable. They are basically dogs, and look at the level of intelligence and control border collies have! (Sheep dogs).

Toggling between Offensive, Defensive and Neutral modes would be fantastic. Also being able to 'target' enemies would be nice too. I think that the waypoint button should be redone; hold it down to place a waypoint, and tap it over an enemy to highlight it; giving it a red/orange outline that your team can see and your kubrow can target (In the same way you can "spot" guards in Payday 2). 

If DE did this, I would -love- using my Kubrow more. Control is a good thing.

Yep, maybe a stance system for the mods can be given before hand or something :S

I especially like the "takedown/protect" command. Would be useful for rescue missions.

What if the "fetch" command could bring "bleeding out" allies closer to you?

Due to terrain, enemy positioning and the way we strategize when a teammate is down (at least for me) I think that would cause more problems than it should, could get them stuck in some places and not to mention lag would also be a pain :/

• 4 weeks later...

Some of these commands I feel should be breed specific. They are cover the objective(sunika), fetch(sahasa) and take down/protect(sunika). Take down/protect is already to similar to the sahasa and sunika precepts savagery and ferocity I think, which do exactly the same thing only with a damage difference(quite lazy and sloppy on the part of DE). fetch seems like something your digging sahasa should be doing but doesn't. Finally cover the objective seems like what your trained guard dog sunika should be doing.

Edited by Shreiko

Some of these commands I feel should be breed specific. They are cover the objective(sunika), fetch and take down/protect(sunika). Take down/protect is already to similar to the sahasa and sunika precepts savagery and ferocity I think, which do exactly the same thing only with a damage difference(quite lazy and sloppy on the part of DE). fetch seems like something your digging sahasa should be doing but doesn't. Finally cover the objective seems like what your trained guard dog sunika should be doing.

Maybe they should be unlocked in a different order depending on breed. So say defending objective is first thing for Raksa and last thing for Sunika. With an XP based unlock system your Kubrow will learn some things faster than other breeds, sounds better than your suggestion which in my opinion would limit the Kubrows a little too much :/

Maybe they should be unlocked in a different order depending on breed. So say defending objective is first thing for Raksa and last thing for Sunika. With an XP based unlock system your Kubrow will learn some things faster than other breeds, sounds better than your suggestion which in my opinion would limit the Kubrows a little too much :/

I see your point, although the suggestions I made where there to make sure that each breed keeps its defining feature( or at least stay true to its codex description) and there is still reason for breeding. I already gave examples above, labeling in brackets which breed the commands I stated fit with the most. Everything else that was mentioned seems like nice commands that could be given to all kubrow breeds.

I see your point, although the suggestions I made where there to make sure that each breed keeps its defining feature( or at least stay true to its codex description) and there is still reason for breeding. I already gave examples above, labeling in brackets which breed the commands I stated fit with the most. Everything else that was mentioned seems like nice commands that could be given to all kubrow breeds.

I see that, right now any commands would be nice :S