Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running with melee weapon unsheated

Kingdrake

As thread name suggest it actually would be really cool to be able to run with melee weapon unsheated after exacuting a melee attack until we have to shoot, in that case the weapon gets instantly drawn to shoot OR we get to press the key we use to change weapon to switch to the one we were using before attacking.

Think about it, we are one of those crazy futuristic ninjas, running around with our swords out would totally fit our character. What you think about it?

As thread name suggest it actually would be really cool to be able to run with melee weapon unsheated after exacuting a melee attack until we have to shoot, in that case the weapon gets instantly drawn to shoot OR we get to press the key we use to change weapon to switch to the one we were using before attacking.

Think about it, we are one of those crazy futuristic ninjas, running around with our swords out would totally fit our character. What you think about it?

As i stated in other posts.

Im a fan of Ninja-Style, im tired of bullets everywhere, trying to get my ash now. And i would love if the melee weapons could be equiped. When you press "E" key the sword should stay equiped, there can be infinite posibilites with that in mind. With Left click being the light hits, Right click being the charged hit, in fact, right click can be used uncharged or charged (holding it). This can bring lots of posibilities in the melee field.

Also could be great to have mod for special movements on weapons, for example pressing left click+right click could be a rapidly combo or why not even blocking bullets with the sword while running onto the enemy.

This are just examples, but i think melees are underrated by now, XP failing, not an equipable weapon, etc.

This is a beta so we are here to improve the game, and again i strongly believe that swords should be an equipable weapon aswell

There is sometimes a bug when you are playing with other people where you can see the Tenno walking with the sword in hands while the model seens to be carrying a pistol, but is a rare bug... And yes, the need to improve the melee in this game is a Must-Happen to make it even more Unique! This game has everything except a nice melee combo variantions... It would be nice if they put some brainstorm on the melee section...

But my fears are that making melee even better will unbalance the odds of Gun/Sword play style...

As much as I would really like a combo system, maybe it is a bit too much game-changing, but surely would be great.

A thing that surely could be do-able is different combos for each sword/some swords. For example, have you seen Dark Sword? That absolutely is a sword from which I would expect a thrust in the combo.

About the switching to sword as with normal weapons, it is a good idea but wouldn't it make a bit annoying in risky situations where you need to rapidly change weapon?

About the switching to sword as with normal weapons, it is a good idea but wouldn't it make a bit annoying in risky situations where you need to rapidly change weapon?

I don't think so, if melee could be equiped it will be as easy as change from primary to secondary weapons

• 2 months later...

I don't think so, if melee could be equiped it will be as easy as change from primary to secondary weapons

It's not a matter of being hard to do, but a matter of breaking the flow of combat. I mean, how often do you see someone switch between primary and secondary weapons in the middle of a battle, while being surrounded by multiple enemies? Unless there's a heavy unit that requires a certain weapon to take down quickly, most people I encountered don't bother to do this because the time that can be used for switching weapons can be better spent dealing damage to lesser mobs.

The great thing about the current melee system is that it allows alternating between shooting and slicing enemies in split seconds without any drawback. This wouldn't be nearly as efficient if you had to re-equip ranged weapons every time you used melee.

It seems that most of you don't get that this is TPS the melee factor is secondary in this game, if you're tired of bullets, I'm sorry but this is not your game

If I'm not mistaken, the developers said in the Q&A livestream that they want to balance melee, gunplay and powers to be of equal importance, and that always having a melee weapon at the ready is an important gameplay element. So if you're only using guns, this game is not yours as well ;).

It seems that most of you don't get that this is TPS the melee factor is secondary in this game, if you're tired of bullets, I'm sorry but this is not your game

In Warframe, melee plays a more prominent role in most combats. Faster, Fun, and Feel better than gun. TPS is more of a camera view than the actual 'shooting'.

Do want an option to go mad with melee in one hand and pistol in another.

We could do gun sword combos similar to Warhammer 40k Space Marine. Even if they werent ninjas the stun hit, and slamming the ground to knock enemies back was useful with quick button pushing compared to now where we equip stun, or leap into the air to knock them down. Were ninja's ya know. We should know a weakpoint blow or something to stun them for abit.

We could do gun sword combos similar to Warhammer 40k Space Marine. Even if they werent ninjas the stun hit, and slamming the ground to knock enemies back was useful with quick button pushing compared to now where we equip stun, or leap into the air to knock them down. Were ninja's ya know. We should know a weakpoint blow or something to stun them for abit.

i disagree

the game is fine as it is , carrying only melee and using melee only make the game stupid and brainless , whats i like in this game is how the combinaison of the melee and range atack work well

I want to keep it this way and i want them to forces players even more to use both equally

Space marine melee class is what ruined space marine MP ;)

DE find a sweet spot , but even now the melee are to spamable ... i would like to see more mechanics that force players to be polyvalent and versatiles switching between melee and range weapons more often ,depending on situation

Edited by Stew360

I'm sort of on the fence about this right now. I really like the fluidity of the combat as it is, and I think that having to worry about switching back to my ranged weapon, as opposed to just mashing M1 like I do now, would be a slight frustration.

On the other hand, doing something like running around with a sword in one hand and pistol in the other would look nothing short of badass.

But then I think about all this, and then I think about how my most used melee weapon is Scindo. And I can't get over how absolutely silly it would look to sprint around with that monster in one's hands.. Unless the sprinting animation was two-handed, sort of like the current moving-charge attack, but with the blade angled more horizontal. But again.. It'd probably look silly.

I like the way melee works as it is now.

If they made it to where your character keeps whatever was use last in hand...

then it would giv epeople the option to run around withs word out.

As for actually switching to it..why?

WHat would we gain? is it to put it on the mouse buttons?