Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Take On The Lore

Shortpower

Please criticize anything I got wrong since all I strive for is peace of mind and slight understanding of the Lore:

Warframe time frame:

To start we go back to modern day earth:

An infection was found on a submarine, the infection is dubbed Technocyte Virus. The virus causes infectious metallic mutations, these mutations drive the victims mad with pain. Hayden Tenno a CIA agent, is infected with the virus; the virus does not drive him crazy as his neural pain sensors do not work. The virus which often gives frightening abilities to the victim turns Hayden into even more of a killing machine. His enemy whom is known as “Nemesis” wears a metallic suit (which I speculate is the original Nyx warframe) infects Hayden with the Technocyte virus. Soon after being infected Hayden is attacked by a group of enemies, his infected arm produces a glaive, which he uses to dispose of them. The infection continues to spread through Hayden, as mentioned since he does not feel pain he is only reaping benefits at this point. Hayden  is forced to take boosters for the infection when “Nemesis” nearly kills him, this causes him to pass out. Waking up in a Technocyte research facility Hayden decides to end the fight. The man who brought Tenno to the research facility claims a suit similar to the “Nemesis’s” is in the basement, this suit is the first Excalibur warframe. With the new suit he goes to confront “Nemesis” and kills her. After killing “Nemesis” Tenno goes to finish off the job with the infected.

Part 2

Technocyte spreads:

After Tenno defeated the first Nyx and gained the first Excalibur he went to finish off the infected, but it had already spread too much and too far. Hayden Tenno creates “Lotus” a group devoted to keeping control of the infected; however it is still too much and humanity is forced to colonize more planets          (Hayden Tenno obtains a ship with an AI “Ordis”). This was not the only solution another was cloning a large mass of clones were created for colonization. These clones lived and thrived and Technocyte was stamped out, humanity continued as normal for a while. During this period of peace two groups rose: The Sentients, and the Orokin. The Orokin were humans that knew a lot about genetic alteration and control; the Sentients were a sort of biotic artificial intelligence. The two factions went to war, the Orokin had the initial advantage over the Sentients; however the Sentients learned how to reverse engineer Orokin technology. The Orokin are forced into a corner as all of their super advanced technology was easily trumped, so they found the Technocyte virus in the Void and reconstructed  it. When this failed to push the Sentients back enough they did what they had to and brought back old technologies as seen from Excalibur’s Codex:

“The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend.
Excalibur was the first.”

“Excalibur was the first” most likely the first recorded warframe was Excalibur since “Nemesis” was destroyed. “Gave them weapons of the old ways” They gave them updated versions of the warframes used on earth originally. “the twisted from that returned from that place” survivors from the data sampling and fighting in the void, Orokin soldiers which were genetically modified had a chance of surviving the infection the same way Hayden Tenno did, by not being driven insane by pain, and giving the virus a frame to shape itself to: “We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction.”  The “conduit” or Warframes could boost the power of the Technocyte, while acting as a frame so the mutations didn’t get out of hand. The war begins to be won by the Orokin; however civilians are being infected by Technocyte. The Sentients, Orokin, and civilians are infected. Humanity turns to cloning again and begins massively cloning in order to save itself at this point the inner planets have all been overrun and clones are being forced to fight a war against Technocyte. Around the same time the Warframes have nearly purged the Sentients, Lotus which is barely existent anymore is appalled by the reinvention of Technocyte and approach the Tenno. The Lotus request that the Orokin be punished for reinventing Technocyte the Tenno agree as  Lotus probably were the secret masters of the Tenno. The Tennos kill off the Orokin, one Orokin guard survives:

“Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent.”

This Orokin guard obtains a warframe and becomes the “Stalker”, a creature obsessed with killing the Tenno. The Tenno go to sleep as the whole universe wants them dead. The clone army pushes out the Technocyte to the Void again, however the clones which have been mass produced have begun to slightly deteriorate, both mentally and physically. The clone army no longer needed disbands and since they are slightly deformed humans treat them badly. The clones create a government themselves and two of the surviving “first gen” clones take over leadership dubbed the “Twin Queens”. The new organization attempts to track down Tenno to kill them, as they fear if they don’t thin them they will raise as one.

Part 3 Warframe:

Hundreds of years passed and the Grineer remain strong, a new group of scientists and merchants calling themselves the “Corpus” have risen as well. Warframes are being awakened by Lotus, as the Technocyte virus is trying to push back into the inner planets; also the Grineer and Corpus need to be controlled. The infested have changed during the Tenno sleep as well, The oldest infested: Ancients, are The Sentient’s “Survivors”, large amounts of clones are also infected. The awoken Warframes have amnesia and cannot remember their betrayal or anything of the sort. The Stalker who infected by the Technocyte aged no longer needs to wait a century between Tenno he kills.  Grineer have completely deteriorated and rely on Corpus cyborg technology. The Corpus worship the Orokin and want the Tenno dead so they can have the Orokin technology they wield. Lotus  is a vast spy network for the Tenno and “Ordis” which was imprinted with Hayden’s personality has become buggy, crazy, and lonely.

Facts:

The Techocyte virus exists in both games.

The Lotus symbol exists in both games.

Hayden Tenno – Tenno

Notable also is:
Glaive

“Dating back to the time of the first Tenno, the Glaive is a uniquely deadly weapon. This multi-bladed disc is not only effective for melee combat it can also be thrown like a boomerang to cut down enemies at a distance.”

Now then what do we know about Hayden Tenno? We know he used a Glaive that was uniquely deadly in his game.

And also:

We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend.
Excalibur was the first.”

Alright they did not claim to create Excalibur then, Excalibur was the first: it is possible they refer to Hayden Tenno since Glaive and his suit design

Last thing:  Mezner was not mentioned because explaining Mezner and Nemesis seemed irrelevant to connecting it to Warframe

Edited by Shortpower

To begin I am aware that the creators have already said that Dark sector has nothing to do with Warframe, I refuse to believe that. 

When have they said that? As far as I know, they just said that the pvp aspects have nothing to do with Warframe's pve aspects. 

This is waaaay to Hayden Tenno centric. Although they confirmed he existed and some of the events that happened have significance, Hayden himself was dead and gone long before the Orokin ever rose to power.

The Sentients are not an artificial intelligence. They are aliens. They come in swarms, use spaceships that look like worms, have "heat burster" weaponry and compound eyes. Oh, and they come from a system with a blue sun.

Most of the rest of this is more or less reasonable, it's just all been said before.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Except the tenno are not infected with the technocyte, that was redacted with excalibur prime/ ember primes lore.

Tenno obtained their powers when they were sent into the void in unshielded ships and the warframe they wear merely serves to control their powers.

Excal primes lore was directly referring to excalibur prime being the first warframe.

Except the tenno are not infected with the technocyte, that was redacted with excalibur prime/ ember primes lore.

Tenno obtained their powers when they were sent into the void in unshielded ships and the warframe they wear merely serves to control their powers.

Excal primes lore was directly referring to excalibur prime being the first warframe.

This a good example of why it's silly to try and make absolutist statements about lore.

Hayden wasn't a warframe.  It's perfectly possible for the orokin to have derived it from Hayden or Nemesis's tehnocyte mutations.