Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"sorry, But I've Decided Your Powers Don't Work" - The Stalker

(PSN)Fen_Integrum

Question

So the most annoying thing in the world to me is leveling stealth characters. Not that they aren't fun, but because I prefer to solo, due to idiot players that show up with a Rhino Prime, Ogris in hand, Angstrum on Deck, and a Fragor strapped on just in case they need to smash a few armadillos.

At that point, I usually solo. Shouldn't be a problem, right? Wrong. The Stalker shows up, with uncanny regularity, while I am soloing. He, and Harvester. I faced two Harvesters in two back to back Solo missions, decided to run a few towers with friends, and my first solo after that I faced a third Harvester, who finally got me (In all that, I never got a Detron Barrel). Okay, that shouldn't be a problem. After all, you can use Invisibility, and Smoke Screen against the G3 with little to no problem, and it gives your rank four Loki Prime, armed with an unranked Tigris, a rank 4 Akmagnus, and a rank 13 Ankyros prime a chance at survival.

Wait...what? The Stalker and Harvester each have a power that decides your duration powers don't work? You activate it, spend the energy, and he just says, "Nah. I think I'd like it better if you didn't have access to your only form of damage mitigation. I'm aware that I am already 15 levels higher than the level you're currently in, and I realize you chose a level five higher than you should have for hasty leveling, but I think I'll eliminate your last major hope of survival."

Maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe there's something that I am unaware of. Any suggestions?

25 answers to this question

Stalker really isnt that bad, dispel isnt spammed or anything, its there to make him a boss. all you need is a fast high DPS weapon or a melee weapon like venka or jat kittag to stagger the stalker, he really isnt that bad. Or use loki/loki prime and when the third taunt comes turn invisable and spam your weapons. Or use mirage(for pc memebers) with phage or orgis or penta. or synpase or a weapon

Edited by Darealslenderman

Over-reacting.

Dispel is needed for the Stalker to actually be a threatening foe. To remove it would make him just another specter.

Stalker becomes able to deadlock every door in the mission at the moment of spawning, uses dodgeroll against weapons with projectile flight time and can parry with Hate. He can also shut off the lights, leaving only glowing objects and the red symbol on his own visor as illumination. Auto-homing powers and mass AoE (World on Fire, Avalanche, Reckoning, etc) trigger a unique block animation where he counters the attack with an energy wave after parrying.

You think he needs dispel to be a threat?

You're so lucky, I've been looking for the Harvester for months now. Bringing a high power weapon will easily take care of the Stalker/Harvester no matter the level. And the Stalker was much more difficult before he got nerfed, I miss those days. 

So the most annoying thing in the world to me is leveling stealth characters. Not that they aren't fun, but because I prefer to solo, due to idiot players that show up with a Rhino Prime, Ogris in hand, Angstrum on Deck, and a Fragor strapped on just in case they need to smash a few armadillos.

At that point, I usually solo. Shouldn't be a problem, right? Wrong. The Stalker shows up, with uncanny regularity, while I am soloing. He, and Harvester. I faced two Harvesters in two back to back Solo missions, decided to run a few towers with friends, and my first solo after that I faced a third Harvester, who finally got me (In all that, I never got a Detron Barrel). Okay, that shouldn't be a problem. After all, you can use Invisibility, and Smoke Screen against the G3 with little to no problem, and it gives your rank four Loki Prime, armed with an unranked Tigris, a rank 4 Akmagnus, and a rank 13 Ankyros prime a chance at survival.

Wait...what? The Stalker and Harvester each have a power that decides your duration powers don't work? You activate it, spend the energy, and he just says, "Nah. I think I'd like it better if you didn't have access to your only form of damage mitigation. I'm aware that I am already 15 levels higher than the level you're currently in, and I realize you chose a level five higher than you should have for hasty leveling, but I think I'll eliminate your last major hope of survival."

Maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe there's something that I am unaware of. Any suggestions?

*Thinks that game should be easier for solo players when its an ONLINE CO-OP GAME* Yea...other then play with other people dunno what to tell ya.

Stalker becomes able to deadlock every door in the mission at the moment of spawning, uses dodgeroll against weapons with projectile flight time and can parry with Hate. He can also shut off the lights, leaving only glowing objects and the red symbol on his own visor as illumination. Auto-homing powers and mass AoE (World on Fire, Avalanche, Reckoning, etc) trigger a unique block animation where he counters the attack with an energy wave after parrying.

You think he needs dispel to be a threat?

Yes, yes he does.

Artificial difficulty. It happens regularly with all games. "Hey, you know all those moves you've practiced and got good at, the ones that make this game shine and allow you to easily trounce the enemies? They don't work on this guy. Because we needed to make him bad @$$. Have fun!"

I remember the Stalker prior to having the dispel ability, back when he was first implemented. He was a cakewalk as long as you notified your team that he was coming. I'd like to not ever have to go back to that again. As a matter of fact, they should make him even more powerful if anything. I have little difficulty taking him down even now regardless of my loadout at the time.

I don't think it ought to be easier for Solo play. I'm not sure where you are getting that. I'm frustrated that they constantly show up while soloing, but that's about as far as it goes.

My beef is mainly the fact that, with every invisibility comes a Despell. Every one without exception. No matter how large my energy pool, there is no chance that I can use this, and I find that absurd whether it's in multiplayer, Soloing, or even when he shows up during a Rank Up.

Stalker really isnt that bad, dispel isnt spammed or anything, its there to make him a boss. all you need is a fast high DPS weapon or a melee weapon like venka or jat kittag to stagger the stalker, he really isnt that bad. Or use loki/loki prime and when the third taunt comes turn invisable and spam your weapons. Or use mirage(for pc memebers) with phage or orgis or penta. or synpase or a weapon

or a weapon

Thus is the power of Mirage.

But yes, stalker needs his tenno-nulling abilities. I played when he used Braton Vandal (Big Whoop I know) and all he could do was shoot, and some mix of skills, i think it was slash dash, some second, teleport, and no ult (I could be wrong, feel free to correct me (I know you will anyway)) and all it took was a few boltor shots to the face to kill him. After they nerfed his BV dmg and made his slash dash not home on you. Ahh those were the days...

Edit:

I remember the Stalker prior to having the dispel ability, back when he was first implemented. He was a cakewalk as long as you notified your team that he was coming. I'd like to not ever have to go back to that again. As a matter of fact, they should make him even more powerful if anything. I have little difficulty taking him down even now regardless of my loadout at the time.

ninja'd :\

Edited by Feldgrep

I don't think it ought to be easier for Solo play. I'm not sure where you are getting that. I'm frustrated that they constantly show up while soloing, but that's about as far as it goes.

My beef is mainly the fact that, with every invisibility comes a Despell. Every one without exception. No matter how large my energy pool, there is no chance that I can use this, and I find that absurd whether it's in multiplayer, Soloing, or even when he shows up during a Rank Up.

Read my first post mate.

He literally tells you when he's going to come for you. 

Until he appears after contacting you don't solo missions.

That is pretty much the only option you've got unless you have weaponry that can take him down on your own.

Sometimes that Rhino with Ogris, Angstrum, and Fragor might come in handy.

I don't mind how much they beef him, but I think they ought to let us use what we have earned and worked for against him. Nullifying invisibility is about the same as deciding you cant carry a gun any longer.

Loki really gets the raw end of it, IMO seeing as how his Decoy doesn't work on them either.

I know it's a matter of preference or whatnot but soloing because of a rhino (or heavy damage) player? Why? You can easily do your own thing, hell even out kill them easily with any frame.

Also, the whole dispell thing is required for more OP powers such as invisibility.

Read my first post mate.

He literally tells you when he's going to come for you. 

Until he appears after contacting you don't solo missions.

That is pretty much the only option you've got unless you have weaponry that can take him down on your own.

Sometimes that Rhino with Ogris, Angstrum, and Fragor might come in handy.

I'm with the OP here. 'Dont play the way you like for some arbitrary length of time because of a Grudge DMPC tahst coming for you' is really no help at all. It may as well be 'Don't play'. 

*Thinks that game should be easier for solo players when its an ONLINE CO-OP GAME* Yea...other then play with other people dunno what to tell ya.

Yeah... People like you actually assume that. A while ago DE explicitly said (more than once) that they wanted solo to be fair. It's just that they've been swamped with pleasing the player community with new content that they aren't really polishing the core gameplay anymore.

Artificial difficulty. It happens regularly with all games. "Hey, you know all those moves you've practiced and got good at, the ones that make this game shine and allow you to easily trounce the enemies? They don't work on this guy. Because we needed to make him bad @$$. Have fun!"

That's exactly how I feel the game is from 20+ up. Nothing new, just all the number values are increased.

I'm really not sure why, but I am unable to quote people, and it wont even allow me to copy/paste in the forum to clarify who I am speaking to.

TheLocalHentai: If you read my original post, my whole reason for soloing is because I am trying to do stealth runs. I have zero problems while competing with High Damage Builds. I have a problem when I am trying to stealthily execute Wardens, and just as I am about to stealth kill one, he is blown up by an Ogris wielded by some idiot in a massive fiery explosion, signaling the other Wardens, and screwing me out of my Cosmic Specter.

A lot of folks are assuming nonsense in here too. I don't want the Stalker to be easier to take out. Hell, buff the guy so that he's a damage sponge for all I care. I want to be allowed to use what I have earned is all.