Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Bug

iiBazinga

when i text : /w (someone) inv me       i dont get any new tab   and after 5-10 min i get the tab

and when i text in region chat : What is love ?    after 5-10 min kickbot response 

what can i do ?

its so lagging 

Edited by iiBazinga

I get "Failed to connect to chat server: Disconnected" over and over and over again.  I've seen the chat servers get wonky before, but this is terrible.  Considering a large part of this game revolves around organizing a group (which requires chat), this should not be a low-priority issue, either.

Edit: So I was logged in for a while and it seemed to fix itself.  Logged out for a while, and just logged back in to find the same problem again.  This time I also got a "Failed to connect to chat server: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. ERROR 10053."  Sounds to me like the IRC server is not sending ACKs properly for some reason.  Is it overloaded?

Edited by Padreic

Yep they can't even keep the only servers up that they need to (those being the Update and Chat servers...).

It's not like DE needs to maintain game servers... they just hand it off to P2P and save money.

Unable to chat and form games / trade = BROKEN GAME.

Same problem here. Also wanted to suggest very useful chat functions, like in other games. My suggestion is to make player's nickname in chat interactive, when you can just click on the nickname to pm instantly. Also, would be great if you will be able to right click on the name and get a options to add him in friend list or ignore. That will make this game really more comfortable i think. Thanks in advantage. 

Well, it's been like this for days (intermittently), and even another patch has come out, so... no.  It's clearly not getting fixed in a timely manner.  Whether or not that is actually DE's fault (or even under DE's control at all), is another issue though.  Currently, I've updated the game smoothly, logged in smoothly, but when I bring up chat I get an entirely empty chat window with no tabs at all, just a darker box in the upper left corner and a spinning "loading" symbol.  This is far worse than previously.

Edit: I'd also like to say that, with this kind of persistent problem, some feedback from DE would be appreciated.  A PSA on the "News and Announcements" forum explaining the problem and giving us some idea of when it might be resolved or at least letting us know that you're aware of and working on it would do.  Right now people are just logging off in disappointment.

Edited by Padreic

yea craft i got the same thing im really hoping for a quick fix or at least a band-aid like a rollback or something really annoying since i had to get my ssd back up and running today after the sandforce controller on it tried to take a dump on me :( anyways i hope it gets fixed soon