Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starvation Strike, Until De Reacts! (The End)

7grims

So basically what you are all saying, is that even though we have no solid evidence of how any of the mechanics of the Kubrows work, you still went ahead and spent Plat "hoping" that your hunches were correct, and now that they have been proven wrong, you want your Plat back?

Surely you must of know it might happen. You knew you took a gamble. You did and you lost. Too bad.

I have two Kubrows, by accident, as I happened to be on missions and the eggs dropped, so I thought, why not, and I'm just keeping an eye on them and waiting for things to settle. I would not "kill" them over a color I don't like, and I seriously have no intention of doing anything that might be time counterproductive with them, other then get them leveled, which is a very straightforward and easy thing to do anyway, I mean, they just have to tag along on missions.

None of you have ANY excuses to at least wait a month before doing anything permanent - especially Plat based - IMMEDIATELY after a patch.

No sympathy whatsoever should be given to anybody dumb enough to do such things.

Edited by DSpite

Wait, you let your puppy die instead of going on hunger strike YOURSELF? This is not how this works...we do not negotiate with terrorists.

Terrorists being those individuals who know that you're using this feature as a way of testing just how much you can get away with?

So basically what you are all saying, is that even though we have no solid evidence of how any of the mechanics of the Kubrows work, you still went ahead and spent Plat "hoping" that your hunches were correct, and now that they have been proven wrong, you want your Plat back?

Surely you must of know it might happen. You knew you took a gamble. You did and you lost. Too bad.

I have two Kubrows, by accident, as I happened to be on missions and the eggs dropped, so I thought, why not, and I'm just keeping an eye on them and waiting for things to settle. I would not "kill" them over a color I don't like, and I seriously have no intention of doing anything that might be time counterproductive with them, other then get them leveled, which is a very straightforward and easy thing to do anyway, I mean, they just have to tag along on missions.

None of you have ANY excuses to at least wait a month before doing anything permanent - especially Plat based - IMMEDIATELY after a patch.

No sympathy whatsoever should be given to anybody dumb enough to do such things.

Yup were all dumb a stupid to expect more out of DE and I'm not surprised to see someone rush to defend DE on this. A lot (what you call dumb) people used the scrambler (I didn't) before DE took it out and gave them their platinum back. And just because you haven't experienced something like this doesn't make your OPINION right. Oh and instead of telling people they should wait a month before doing anything plat related. How about DE just doesn't release it for another month. Here's another ideal....whenever DE releases new content they could temporarily disable the ability to buy the new content with platinum until they get some feedback from the beta testers...I mean players....I mean paying customers...or whatever we're suppose to be:)

Edited by RoninJed

Yup were all dumb a stupid to expect more out of DE and I'm not surprised to see someone rush to defend DE on this. A lot (what you call dumb) people used the scrambler (I didn't) before DE took it out and gave them their platinum back. And just because you haven't experienced something like this doesn't make your OPINION right. Oh and instead of telling people they should wait a month before doing anything plat related. How about DE just doesn't release it for another month. Here's another ideal....whenever DE releases new content they could temporarily disable the ability to buy the new content with platinum until they get some feedback from the beta testers...I mean players....I mean paying customers...or whatever we're suppose to be:)

Hit a nerve did I?

All I'm saying is that IF AND ONLY IF you are going to end up being a teary crying child if something major is changed, then DONT spend Plat. Many would have not cared less and would have just done it anyway, fully aware that their Plat might be wasted. They are called "the pioneers".

The point of releasing something it is to get it tested live by players. Even EVE Online updates, when exposed to players, break like glass.

How about this:

You now know exactly what might happen with the next update. Will you still come in here complaining "DE did it again. Oh noes!" ?

If there is ANYONE still out there that is going to whinge and cry the next time DE makes changes and then changes it again ... and then changes it again - even thought that is EXACTLY what games under heavy changes do - they now have ZERO excuses to come back to the forums and complain about losing time or Plat or whatever.

Hit a nerve did I?

All I'm saying is that IF AND ONLY IF you are going to end up being a teary crying child if something major is changed, then DONT spend Plat. Many would have not cared less and would have just done it anyway, fully aware that their Plat might be wasted. They are called "the pioneers".

The point of releasing something it is to get it tested live by players. Even EVE Online updates, when exposed to players, break like glass.

How about this:

You now know exactly what might happen with the next update. Will you still come in here complaining "DE did it again. Oh noes!" ?

If there is ANYONE still out there that is going to whinge and cry the next time DE makes changes and then changes it again ... and then changes it again - even thought that is EXACTLY what games under heavy changes do - they now have ZERO excuses to come back to the forums and complain about losing time or Plat or whatever.

No you didn't hit a nerve you insulted me and everyone who's complained about kubrows. Now your calling me childish and act like I'm whining for stuff all the time lol. You assume a lot about me and I guess everybody who complains about anything (or makes a suggestion) is a cry baby looking for a hand out. No I won't come back here next update and "cry" for stuff because you know it's like that old saying....fool me once shame on you (DE) fool me twice shame on me :)

You seem to have some fairly intense preconceived notions about everyone in this thread. I've only seen one person complain about their experience with using plat on their kubrow within this thread(here's the post for you if you are curious http://tinyurl.com/prydwau)You also seem to take issue with the entire roleplayesque theme of this thread and have decided twice now to insult the intelligence of those participating in it. I'm honestly not sure why you continue to cause yourself obvious frustration and annoyance by coming here to read replies when you are not really participating in the discussion except via insults and ignoring comments that don't support your preconceived perceptions of what we are discussing.

If no one spent plat immediately after an update there wouldn't be any feedback on the plat purchasing end of the experience. The fact that people request refunds (which is clearly distasteful to you) is still a kind a feedback and should be posted if it can be done respectfully. The kubrow system had not just one but 7 (unless I'm missing one) ways of spending platinum repetitively: Purchase the Egg, Rush the Egg, Create Imprint scanner thing, Rush Imprint, buy freezer space, rush defrosting, shuffle colours. That is more platinum options than any other object in game. It is important for DE to get feedback on all of them (especially considering that the shuffle colours/traits option was removed pending overhaul after much vitriol and rage from the community which wouldn't have existed without early adopters spending the plat).

This thread is not for garnering sympathy nor is it about the plat that can be spent on kubrow. It is feedback on the lack of a discard/destroy/recycle Kubrow option based around humour.

So far I have been lucky with all of my hatched kubrows. They have been both breeds, body types and colours I can readily accept. I am not looking forward to the eventually duplicates (as there are not enough different kubrow mods yet to make different builds for the same type of kubrows necessary) and colour patterns that I consider ugly. I will most likely store them (because roleplaying) but I will dislike doing so and will most likely stop breeding other kubrows entirely once I have 2 that that I cannot stand and do not want with the system as it stands now. Which is a shame because kubrow grinding certainly gives long time players that are interested in the tamogotchi space dogs something to entertain themselves with.

I wish I could run a kennel for all these unwanted Kubrows. I would personally keep an eye on them. I'd rather that than know that they're being left to die in missions and uncared for.

Mine stood around for ten seconds while a butcher wailed on him to death, succeeding actually.

Not exactly something I'm confident my care and guidance will keep alive in any way no matter how much I try.