Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anthro Fan Side Of This Community?

Zeitzbach

When the game forum doesn't allow an avi or a sig, I just make this kind of thread after a certain amount of time to find those with the same interest after becoming accustomed to the community. Do note though that the "fans" I'm referring to in this thread are the clean sfw one. I'm referring to those that appreciate talking cartoon animal and half-human half-animal stuffs not for the sake of dirty sexual fetishes (aew) but simply because they are cool, cute, fluffy, etc.

Hopefully there won't be any "Yiff in hell fur%&^" moment around here, or a reason for there to be one. I understand that the furry community really isn't that clean (Having been of site like FA do make me sick even with SFW toggle) but this is a WF forum so it's better to let the dirty remain in their own trash bin.

So yeah, why not throw some introduction here and there that is a bit more than just "I like WF, hope to get along with everyone!" and maybe discuss your favorite character, game, etc. I will start then.

So yeah, if you have been in my art thread before (that I haven't been bumping for ages because I'm lazy), I mentioned that I normally draw anthro stuffs (SFW only) because I'm actually more of an anthro artist with some dips in the general field. Often I would be working on my OCs that I also throw into a fantasy fiction that will be used as the storyline for making my game in the future. (I call it more of a fantasy because it isn't 100% beast everywhere. Learning some of the required language for it next year)

Often, this kind of community would have a persona to represent them. Mine is a purple lizard who Nekky the Nekros got both his look and personality from. Here's a quick chibi version of him from a WIP set that was supposed to have all my 6 Anthro OCs character on it. (He's in the middle)

(Left to right : Katzix Nimblefeet (Referencing him for Ash fanart), Enfys Ellezard (Nekky) and Sarnu Lightwind (No frame for him cause there's no male light or wind frame) )

vnXTHs3.png

Kind of funny for me to have a lizard as a sona because I'm not really fond of lizard in real life. People would often call him a "digimon" for I don't know why.

For games and stuffs, Fav anthro char would probably be Allan from Last Remnant though. That Tsundere Sovani too qt. Kinda sad Last remnant isn't that popular though.

To be honest, I have no negative reactions with the furry people, actually, I feel curious about their diversity to think outside the box than many people.

The only thing I didn't like about fur, though, is to have them under my nails, it's too itchy.

To be honest, I have no negative reactions with the furry people, actually, I feel curious about their diversity to think outside the box than many people.

The only thing I didn't like about fur, though, is to have them under my nails, it's too itchy.

Having been foruming around in site like FA and Weasyl for a long time before I leave due to certain situation, I can see why people would hate the community. Out of all the friends I make, some of them would just add me to Skype and say "Let's yiff RP" and I'm like " : I ". Ended up with only a couple of selected friends that I actually give my steam to cause that's where I usually chat now.

The cover is just that dirty and often tries to drag the cleaner part of the community along with it, which is kind of sad.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Having been foruming around in site like FA and Weasyl for a long time before I leave due to certain situation, I can see why people would hate the community. Out of all the friends I make, some of them would just add me to Skype and say "Let's yiff RP" and I'm like " : I ". Ended up with only a couple of selected friends that I actually give my steam to cause that's where I usually chat now.

The cover is just that dirty and often tries to drag the cleaner part of the community along with it, which is kind of sad.

With all the crazy behavior happening around these forums, I feel that that your community is as good as ours. I think. :3

Come to think of it, Warframe is mostly about Tenno wearing powered-latex suits rampaging hordes of monstrosities, clones and corrupt corporations whether in space or on the ground.

Also this:

hBmZQf4.jpg

Edited by Freelancer27

I like the art but after reading your post twice OP bro, I still have no idea what we're talkign abut

Just trying to find people with same interest in those Furry and Scaly art (trying to use the word anthro instead cause those words are taboos most of the time)

Take one look at my Steam picture. You can see that I'm OK with it.

The name already gives it away.

With all the crazy behavior happening around these forums, I feel that that your community is as good as ours. I think. :3

Come to think of it, Warframe is mostly about Tenno wearing powered-latex suits rampaging hordes of monstrosities, clones and corrupt corporations whether in space or on the ground.

Also this:

hBmZQf4.jpg

Throw in some fox ear and fox tail and they will instantly notice this game.

I went to FA once didn't like it a I backed out of that almost moments after the mistake(account) Also these are my thoughts on this thread in Qoute form from Adachi from persona 4

"Let's be honest. There's nothing great about the real world, is there? It's just dull and annoying as hell . No. One accepts that's the way things are... they're just stuck with it because they can't deny it either. - - Once you realize that, all you have left in life is despair. The ultimate game over. Wouldn't it be better if that kind of reality was wiped away? - - - - Think about it for a second... Once everyone turns into shadows... They'll keep on living, - - No, this'll make things alot easier for everyone. - - - You don't get anything from facing reality ,and there's no way to change it either. - It's better just to ignore them and believe only what you want to believe in life." ~Adachi : Persona 4

Short version yes I am one and yes life not a fan.

I had to hand write all that on paper then type it ALL in here so please revive thread...

Edited by Oxin

Your persona looks very much like Veemon from digimon. It also would make sense to other people because some of people's furry personas are based from cartoons like pokemon and digimon.

285px-Veemon_t.gif

I do share the interest in art mainly because most of the art that comes from the furry community is very good. I look forward to seeing your complete collection of these.

vnXTHs3.png

I guess you can say I'm into it as well. I try to keep that part of me away from everyone other than my closest friends because of the incredibly stilted and ignorant views the general public has about "furries".

"Furry" is more of an umbrella term than anything else. Its general meaning is a person who has an affinity for animals, and like anthropomorphic art or stories - either SFW or NSFW. These people aren't all "deviants" nor are they into beastiality. Some feel a kinship towards and have a "spirit animal" of their own. Others feel they were reincarnated from a particular animal. Then there are some who just simply like artwork depicting animals with human traits. Was it a bad thing when you enjoyed Looney Toons as a kid? How about Animaniacs? So why is it a bad thing to continue enjoying such depictions of animals as an adult? I'm not asking this to anyone in this thread - it's just a general question that no one in the mainstream can answer without stubbing their foot on their own hypocrisy.

Even NSFW is fine in my opinion. Of course I won't go into details, but there's a gigantic base for it and it all falls under the same exact NSFW activities and rules as "normal", "human" activities and rules. Beastiality is frowned heavily upon just as much as it is normally. I keep focusing on that particular "fetish" because that's the one that everyone's minds seem to explode about when it comes to "furries". I'll leave it at that because that's not the focus of this thread (nor should it be). I want to also add that 99% of these activities are online other than conventions - which are just the same as comic conventions. People dress up as their favorite super hero in one, while people dress up as their favorite animal in another. I don't see the problem here.

Anyway, I only really show off that particular side of me on Second Life; though my Steam avatar pic also shows my particular allegiance too.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Your persona looks very much like Veemon from digimon. It also would make sense to other people because some of people's furry personas are based from cartoons like pokemon and digimon.

285px-Veemon_t.gif

I do share the interest in art mainly because most of the art that comes from the furry community is very good. I look forward to seeing your complete collection of these.

vnXTHs3.png

I don't see it even if you point the only 3 things they share those things are also different which is why they are both unique and one wouldn't need to watch digimon to create such a character.

I guess you can say I'm into it as well. I try to keep that part of me away from everyone other than my closest friends because of the incredibly stilted and ignorant views the general public has about "furries".

"Furry" is more of an umbrella term than anything else. Its general meaning is a person who has an affinity for animals, and like anthropomorphic art or stories - either SFW or NSFW. These people aren't all "deviants" nor are they into beastiality. Some feel a kinship towards and have a "spirit animal" of their own. Others feel they were reincarnated from a particular animal. Then there are some who just simply like artwork depicting animals with human traits. Was it a bad thing when you enjoyed Looney Toons as a kid? How about Animaniacs? So why is it a bad thing to continue enjoying such depictions of animals as an adult? I'm not asking this to anyone in this thread - it's just a general question that no one in the mainstream can answer without stubbing their foot on their own hypocrisy.

Even NSFW is fine in my opinion. Of course I won't go into details, but there's a gigantic base for it and it all falls under the same exact NSFW activities and rules as "normal", "human" activities and rules. Beastiality is frowned heavily upon just as much as it is normally. I keep focusing on that particular "fetish" because that's the one that everyone's minds seem to explode about when it comes to "furries". I'll leave it at that because that's not the focus of this thread (nor should it be). I want to also add that 99% of these activities are online other than conventions - which are just the same as comic conventions. People dress up as their favorite super hero in one, while people dress up as their favorite animal in another. I don't see the problem here.

Anyway, I only really show off that particular side of me on Second Life; though my Steam avatar pic also shows my particular allegiance too.

Well said good fellow.