Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serro > Orthos Prime

Hearthwin

Question

25 answers to this question

The polearm combos are actually pretty effective and the Orthos prime has really impressive speed for a large melee and if moded right does serious damage so I see it as top tier and. besides I'd rather not use a scrubby construction tool

EDIT: Ok scrubby is a little harsh it's just not very threatening lol

Edited by Efro_D_Siac

Actually the base damage bump from Serro being able to be converted to Corrosive is enough to make them pretty equal.

Against a level 50 gunner, for example;

With PP,SS, 300% Corrosive and 90% Fire, Orthos Prime hits for 441.55 with speed of 1.32, giving 582.8 proportional DPS.

Serro with the same build hits for 589.67 with speed of 0.99, so 583.8 proportional DPS. 

Falls down to Orthos Prime stacks combos quicker, while Serro has a more effective jump attacks and proc rate.

Edited by Darzk

Orthos Prime does better then Serro becuase it scales better and physcial is better endgame mixed with elemental rather then just elemental. Along with orthos prime is faster

Serro base to full pressure point

Electricty

75.0>165.0

Base Speed

Attack speed

Orthos Prime to full pressure point

Impact

9.8 > 21.5

Puncture

9.8 > 21.5

Slash

45.5 > 100.1

Base Speed

Attack Speed

Orthos Prime is end game status becuase it will do more dmg to all targets then serro which is only good against corpus or shielded targets.

Along with adding elemental and other mods like spolider strike and slash mods to Orthos Prime, it will scale higher in damage to targets.

Orthos Prime does better then Serro becuase it scales better and physcial is better endgame mixed with elemental rather then just elemental.

This is exactly... backwards. Single elemental damage can be converted to a combined elemental which scales VERY well against higher level enemies, especially using Corrosive or Radiation against armored enemies. In addition, it prevents 50% of procs being 'stolen' by I/P/S procs, so it effectively allows for double the elemental procs as compared to a weapon with I/P/S values.

status only happen every 5 second after 1 appear,so status build is...not really usefull on melee,melee is just for copter or slide atk aoe dmg,if u main melee on end game,happy keep falling to ground keep getting 1 shot from enemy...

and i use orthos p,becouse already got both testing dmg,orthos p for hight void lv enemy work fine,even 35+ min on t4 S,Serro is normal dmg,after 35+ min t4 s,it did only 1 job,Stun....

Edited by Kage2015

status only happen every 5 second after 1 appear,so status build is...not really usefull on melee,melee is just for copter or slide atk aoe dmg,if u main melee on end game,happy keep falling to ground keep getting 1 shot from enemy...

and i use orthos p,becouse already got both testing dmg,orthos p for hight void lv enemy work fine,even 35+ min on t4 S,Serro is normal dmg,after 35+ min t4 s,it did only 1 job,Stun....

You obviously aren't modding your Serro right. The way i have modded it allows me to 1 shot things even after 35 minutes on + a t4 S and allows me to 2 shot things at 45 minutes +

The only reason Orthos mmight be better is because it can combo faster. Serro has higher burst than Orthos and is much more efficiently modded

You obviously aren't modding your Serro right. The way i have modded it allows me to 1 shot things even after 35 minutes on + a t4 S and allows me to 2 shot things at 45 minutes +

The only reason Orthos mmight be better is because it can combo faster. Serro has higher burst than Orthos and is much more efficiently modded

and your obviously lying rofl ive done t4's with the serro maxed damage it fell off at like wave 20 on a t4 def

Serro<333333333333

I can 1-2 shot Enemies in T4 missions 55mins in. I use to love the orthos p but I haven't picked it up since getting my serro. Although the orthos p has a better range and is faster it's damage is no we're close to my serro.

Elemental Base Damage Weapons> Raw Damage Weapons

*except the dual ichors. They're just trash